PDA

View Full Version : ETOPS Enroute alternate planning minima

Driver 170
7th May 2019, 18:27
I understand you add 200ft to DH and 800m to VIS for a PA and for a NPA its 400 / 1500m for the planning stage to consider it as a ETOPS enroute alternate Aerodrome.

I have been looking at Ryanairs OFP lido planning and they use for example EICK for a suitable airport and apply the above increments to a PA ILS CAT II

Can anyone confirm you can apply it to any ILS approach? I always thought it needs to be CAT I

Gulf Julliet Papa
7th May 2019, 19:38
Ryanair don’t have ETOPS as far as I’m aware? Are you sure you are looking at ETOPS, and not just normal planing minima?

Driver 170
7th May 2019, 20:52
This is from the OPS manual A

**N/A RYR. Ryanair is not authorised to conduct ETOPS however Ryanair is authorised to conduct MNPS operations. All LIDO flight plans are always planned to remain within 60 mins of a suitable airport. All MNPS flight plans will generate ETPs. CRITICAL FUEL is fuel required to divert to a suitable airport at the most critical point during an MNPS flight.

rog747
10th May 2019, 10:44
Westjet, and AC would have ETOPS for their 737's and MAX's across the pond

LEAP engines have 180 mins out of the box

No UK airline has any ETOPS routes on any 737's or MAX
DY/D8 a/c are EI or Nordic reg'd

Back in the day -
Gatwick to Deer Lake Newfoundland was operated on a 737-700 w/ 120 mins ETOPS. APU on whole flight. Flight time scheduled at 5h:30m
Astraeus 737 Deer Lake IT charters