PDA

View Full Version : Revalidate or renew an IR-SE

KayPam
5th May 2019, 22:36
Hello,

I am the happy holder of an IR-SE since june 2018.
However, I currently don't have any plans to revalidate it.
I am supposed to get my IR-ME in july 2019.

Questions :
If I have an expired IR-SE, can the first issue of the IR ME renew the IR-SE ?
If not, how can I revalidate or renew it ?

Thank you

cavok_flyer
6th May 2019, 09:19
Hello,

I am the happy holder of an IR-SE since june 2018.
However, I currently don't have any plans to revalidate it.
I am supposed to get my IR-ME in july 2019.

Questions :
If I have an expired IR-SE, can the first issue of the IR ME renew the IR-SE ?
If not, how can I revalidate or renew it ?

Thank you

No, the ME-IR does not renew the SE-IR.
You can renew/revalidate it 3 months after the expiration date with no extra training with a letter from an ATO explaining that your rating has expired for less than 3 months and then an exam flight with an FE. Up to a year after expiry, you have to do an assessment flight (at an ATO??) and then a examination flight with a FE. After one year post expiration, you need to do a refresher at an ATO with 5(?) flights and then exam flight with a FE. Not certain what the "outer" limit is, though :uhoh:

Banana Joe
6th May 2019, 12:29
5 flights? That's gonna be expensive... Mine expired in November 2018. Have to do something about it...

Victor Golf
6th May 2019, 12:59
I renewed mine by doing 12 hours PIC and 1 hour with instructor within 12 months of going for the renewal.

Flyfede80
6th May 2019, 13:00
KayPam...at the end of IR-ME SP skill test you can request to your FE to renew also the IR SE SP, it's possible if the SEP is still valid, in this caso it will be a RENEWAL PC; i suggest you to ask to your ATO before to reserve the examiner. About renewal...the refresher training time depends of the ATO training programme, 5 flights is too much...

KayPam
10th May 2019, 14:18
I renewed mine by doing 12 hours PIC and 1 hour with instructor within 12 months of going for the renewal.
And no test ? Like the SEP qualification ?
KayPam...at the end of IR-ME SP skill test you can request to your FE to renew also the IR SE SP, it's possible if the SEP is still valid, in this caso it will be a RENEWAL PC; i suggest you to ask to your ATO before to reserve the examiner. About renewal...the refresher training time depends of the ATO training programme, 5 flights is too much...
Thank you
This would really be ideal.

I really don't see any reason why the IR-ME would not give the IR-SE automatically (provided we talk about single pilot operations for both cases).
Since there really is no other required knowledge for an IR-SE when compared with an IR-ME.

The SEP skill test has exercises that the MEP does not include (forced landing without engine for example), so it's quite obvious that the two are different.
But the IR-SE skills are entirely included in the IR-ME skills, so if you can do IR-ME there is no reason you couldn't do IR-SE...