PDA

View Full Version : ChartAir Reviews

Mithzaron
5th May 2019, 13:45
Hey Everybody!

Currently am completing my CPL out of Perth and am looking around at potential employers in the future.

One that has caught my eye is Chartair. I did some searching and most of the information is over 8 years old so I was wondering if anyone had a fresh take on what the company is like to work for?

They say on their website that they will take you straight from CPL and train you as you progress through aircraft. Does this mean eventually getting a MECIR from them?

Also when is the best time to be applying for jobs up north with regards to wet season?

Kind regards,
M

umop apisdn
6th May 2019, 12:54
Chartair is fine. Unlikely they'd pay for an mecir.

Unless the climate has significantly changed and I'm ignorant, when your new, operators choose you, not the other way around.

Jump at the first chance you get with any job.

Chazlington
6th May 2019, 22:48
Mith,

Have a read of all the other feeds on this site ranging from "up north" to "top end". There is years and years of discussion about young pilots searching for that first job and all sorts of stories and journeys. I have spent days reading them. To summarise the sentiment for you though - it doesn't matter what any fancy looking website says. Get up there, move to the town you want to find work, get a job, get your name out there then be in the right place at the right time. You will have to put it all on the line, and like the previous poster said, you won't be choosing the best perceived place to work, you will take whatever flying job you can get.