PDA

View Full Version : What major should i choose in university for cathay pacific cadet pilot interview?

Codysimk
3rd May 2019, 20:35
So im studying in HS grade 12 in canada right now, and next year im going to an university. My plan after graduating from university is going back to Hong Kong and join the cathay pacific cadet pilot program so i can accomplish my dream and spend less money at the same time because they will pay half of our tuition. They will interview people before they send em to the pilot school in Australia. So what major should i take if i wanna get a higher chance to get into the program? I did search a bit on google and reddit , the answer i got is major doesnt matter. Is that true? And is there any tips, tricks, or like thing i should know before i go for the interview? Thanks a lot everyone!

flyboyike
5th May 2019, 10:58
Nuclear Physics. Or Advanced Carpentry, either one will work.

Intruder
5th May 2019, 20:47
Study something that will get you a job when/if you cannot fly. An Engineering or Computer Science degree would be a good start.

Think about brushing up on your writing skills, too.

Codysimk
5th May 2019, 21:47
thanks for the reply , that is what im think too because if i cannot get into cathay than i had to have a plan B for my self. and im working on my writing now so sry if there is any grammar mistake :)

Uplinker
13th May 2019, 09:34
I guess that English is not the OP’s first language, so I am not criticising them but giving some pointers:

Start every sentence with a capital (upper case) letter.

Use a capital letter for the first letter of every name. So Canada, Cathay Pacific etc.

The letter i when used to indicate yourself is always a capital letter, wherever it appears.

Learn about the apostrophe. One major use of it is to indicate a missing letter, so for example I’m is short for I am, and they’re is short for they are; the apostrophe indicates the missing letter, (a).

Don’t use lazy abbreviations, for example ‘wanna’ when you mean ‘want to’ , sry, b4 etc.

If you speak and write as if you are texting, it looks very juvenile and your CV will probably go in the bin.

Good luck.

PS, I hope there are no spelling typos in my post !