PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann join Aer Lingus

stargazer02
4th Aug 2002, 16:14
On a recent trip to EIDW i was amazed and saddened to hear the amount of foreign accents using a call sign of Arann.....namely the Aer Arann aircraft.....
I spoke with a few friends of mine who are Irish with full licences awaiting their chance of even a sim ride....but are being pushed aside whilst Aer Arann recruit foreign pilots
One would think that they atleast would give some preference to pilots living in their own back yard who would have better loyalty than foreign pilots who will only build time and then leave to go back to their own country when things pick up.
Aer Lingus too have a number of foreign pilots.....and i hear that alot of them are already actively looking to get out of ALT and find better jobs elsewhere....once they have their 1500hrs....or command.....so i ask WHY?????????
Irish pilots will stay with Irish airlines yet the lads running the show don't seem to think this way....and hence my friends in Dublin who are waiting for their chance will have to wait even longer.....
Lastly i hear that Aer Arann are now asking for E20,000.00 to pay for your ATR type rating......like Ryan Air.....the only difference is that Ryan Air atleast give Irish lads a good chance of being hired first.......
:mad: :( :mad:

Baldie Man
4th Aug 2002, 16:37
Yup - gotta pay for your ATR type rating at Aer Arron now.

Dunno about the big foriegn pilot recruitment bit though. They still only have 7 aircraft do they not?? I heard they were getting 4 more so have they got them now?

BM.