PDA

View Full Version : Cathay boeing onboard performance tool?

CX256
1st May 2019, 11:53
Hello all,
Could any 747-4/8 guys or gals tell me if you are using this tool for take off performance calculations or if you getting through acars? Im building a sim based on cx 744 so if anybody could help.

Cheers

CCA
1st May 2019, 12:24
ACARS, but the Boeing OPT is in beta phase you could say, not approved as yet but being used for familiarisation.

Hello all,
Could any 747-4/8 guys or gals tell me if you are using this tool for take off performance calculations or if you getting through acars? Im building a sim based on cx 744 so if anybody could help.

Cheers

Kitsune
1st May 2019, 17:18
The only onboard tool I knew was Gus...

MENELAUS
1st May 2019, 17:21

An absolutely disgraceful comment. At least he stood up for the troops on more than one occasion.

Piet Lood
1st May 2019, 18:42
And on more than one occasion he did not.

Flex88
1st May 2019, 19:38
An absolutely disgraceful comment. At least he stood up for the troops on more than one occasion.

Once a Gus boot licker always a Gus boot licker... He was the best ever at slight of hand diversion techniques - and as he listened and nodded he was 100% doing the biding of whatever the then DFO wanted.. Standard MO required of ALL who get to those positions. PERIOD...

Where he is now = proof.!!!

Blowback
1st May 2019, 20:07
Well GL most certainly hasn’t stood up for the pilots en mass or individually , he would put his arm around your shoulder one day. Then slip the blade into your back the next if so directed . Totally 2 faced

MENELAUS
2nd May 2019, 00:16
I can hardly be described to be a boot licker.... far from it. And as to why he is in his current position a failure to agree to 2 SO long haul and other suggested wacky crew complements had a fair bit to do with it.
Talk about thread drift. No wonder most outsiders think we’re t&ssers.

petrichor
2nd May 2019, 13:57
I can hardly be described to be a boot licker.... far from it. And as to why he is in his current position a failure to agree to 2 SO long haul and other suggested wacky crew complements had a fair bit to do with it.
Talk about thread drift. No wonder most outsiders think we’re t&ssers.
100% correct

AerocatS2A
2nd May 2019, 20:07
What a bunch of bitter individuals you lot are. Within three responses to an innocent question the thread has devolved into ridiculous mud slinging. Disgraceful.

Air Burner
3rd May 2019, 00:22
Lol standard, lets turn an innocent post into some more pilot bashing. Feed the bitterness with some more bitterness. Can only laugh. It's like watching kids on a playground.

Farman Biplane
3rd May 2019, 04:58
Gents,
I think these comments and thread drift accurately portray the absolutely acidic environment and moral that our Dear Accountants have created.
Dont shoot the messengers, they are portraying the truth!

DropKnee
3rd May 2019, 16:01
He inserted knives into backs when it suited him. Give me a break. They are all self serving yes men.

MENELAUS
3rd May 2019, 17:02
Give you a break ? And you’re obviously God’s noblest of men and would do it better ? I’ve seen a fair few CP’s and Fleet Managers come and go. And believe me, he was streets ahead of the rest of them.

BusyB
4th May 2019, 07:24
Not true Globo

MENELAUS
4th May 2019, 08:28
How many have you known. ? Last count was 10.
Anway, a petty argument at best. And you know what they
say about opinions and anuses. ?

To answer the OP’s question.

747-8. Stil using ACARS perf for RTOW and LDA. Boeing in house iPad based app still in Beta mode. I believe they are running them against each other.
Airbus. Flysmart ( Airbus propriety performance app ) either via a/c OIS or iPad. With the usual CX tweeks of crse . E Qrh in the pipeline. Likely that A330 will always retain at least one paper copy of the QRH due to KA feedback. E perf for
crz info etc also imminent. ACARS RTOW and web RTOW etc stil available for the time being.
EFB ) think electronic CFP now running on all flights with paper fallback if required.
Out of the two, product B perf tool strikes me as slightly more robust.

BusyB
4th May 2019, 14:03
Known them all since '88. G was just the best at pulling the wool over peoples eyes. Do you wear a bobble hat?

MENELAUS
4th May 2019, 14:27
No. A brown one. Apparently.
How about you, Miss Diane ?

Adam Nams
5th May 2019, 04:18
What a great thread. I was looking for an excuse to get more beer and popcorn.

CX256,
Would this help? https://qsimplan.wordpress.com/

Old Fella
6th May 2019, 11:30
I don't suppose the fact that Gus came to CX from Down Under has anything to do with the bleating Poms attacking him????

Old Fella
6th May 2019, 11:31
I don't suppose the fact that Gus came to CX from Down Under has anything to do with the bleating Poms attacking him????

BusyB
6th May 2019, 13:02
No, Nationality has nothing to do with this. Especially as I consider NJ to have been one of the most honest managers.

cabbages
6th May 2019, 16:08
Too bloody right Mate. With all the 'bleating Poms' in this place, its a pleasure to fly with a whining Convict.