PDA

View Full Version : Business Jets jobs in Hong Kong/GBA

RedBelt
30th Apr 2019, 02:53
To all biz jets pilots in HK and GBA
It is my believe by talking to friends and colleagues that a major crisis is landing in this area. Many aircraft owners are putting their aircrafts for sale,many do not operate them due to financial reasons. Some colleagues affirm the crisis has not hit the bottom yet.
Asian Sky Media states the number of jets in the area has been reduced from previous year (2018) this is due to many variables.
Please share your case or your view on this

sallyb13
30th Apr 2019, 08:08
I don't think it's helped with the capacity situation in HKG. The way they make one request a slot/parking/landing permit is back in the dark ages, and even the slot application system is flawed.
Clearly, they are trying the push GA out. They need a GA only airport in the area, with better access to Hong Kong centre than Macao.
Helicopters do the ferry job for those who make it to Macao and need to get to Hong Kong, but have obvious limitations (weather, night restrictions).

stilton
8th May 2019, 09:01
I don't think it's helped with the capacity situation in HKG. The way they make one request a slot/parking/landing permit is back in the dark ages, and even the slot application system is flawed.
Clearly, they are trying the push GA out. They need a GA only airport in the area, with better access to Hong Kong centre than Macao.
Helicopters do the ferry job for those who make it to Macao and need to get to Hong Kong, but have obvious limitations (weather, night restrictions).

There was a handy one downtown thanks
to Mr’s Kai and Tak

Flying Mechanic
9th May 2019, 04:15
I think calling it a major crisis is a bit dramatic. There’s over 100 biz jets in HK and the pearl river delta, there’s about 10 for sale . The China slow down is real and the market is probably at rock bottom with little growth on the horizon. I know one operator in HK that has 3 jets coming this year, all large cabin. So the growth will be slow and steady. The third runway in HK will make things easier.