PDA

View Full Version : MCC and licence

EUops
29th Apr 2019, 16:36
Hi, I have recently finished the mcc course and I want to apply for a FO job interview.
I have the mcc certificate but I don't want to lose time waiting for the CAA to put it on the licence certifications, because I'm afraid it would be late for the interview.
Do you think the mep/ir licence and the mcc certificate would be ok for the interview or I should wait for the CAA to write it on the licence? Another option is to send my licence for update and provide photocopies at the interview.

Any advice?

TryingToAvoidCBs
29th Apr 2019, 17:19
Hi, I have recently finished the mcc course and I want to apply for a FO job interview.
I have the mcc certificate but I don't want to lose time waiting for the CAA to put it on the licence certifications, because I'm afraid it would be late for the interview.
Do you think the mep/ir licence and the mcc certificate would be ok for the interview or I should wait for the CAA to write it on the licence? Another option is to send my licence for update and provide photocopies at the interview.

Any advice?

You don't get the MCC put on your licence. You'll just get a certificate from the training provider.

SpainHire
29th Apr 2019, 19:31
Actually, you do (in some instances). I have it on both my old UK CAA license, and my newly transferred Spanish licence. But I heard that Irish does not.

parkfell
29th Apr 2019, 20:24
Submit the MCC certificate with the paperwork for your first multi-crew type rating.

TryingToAvoidCBs
29th Apr 2019, 21:16
Thank you, I stand corrected.

EUops
29th Apr 2019, 22:08
Submit the MCC certificate with the paperwork for your first multi-crew type rating.
I understand you are talking about the CAA. What about the interview? Would it be ok to show up with the mcc certificate and the mep/ir licence?

parkfell
30th Apr 2019, 08:28
I cannot see why not.....?
The certificate is clearly evidence that you undertook a MCC course.
If the interview is with Ryanair, then their preferred option is APS [MCC] certificate.

A quality MCC/JOC course on say a fixed base B.737 style simulator would equate to APS.

Your RAW DATA skills are critical for any sim ride. A revision session prior to the interview process is often regarded as a valuable 'insurance policy'. A few hundred euros but if it significantly increases the chances of success, a very sound investment?

SpainHire
30th Apr 2019, 10:48
Thank you, I stand corrected.
No worries, and what a refreshing attitude to be so receptive to learning more! Don't get that on PPRuNe often... :D

In fact, when I got my initial UK CAA, it wasn't on there, but being naive, I called and asked, as there was an area to submit it in the online portal, so they escalated and escalated and eventually, I just one day after long forgetting about it, got a new copy of my license in the post with "MCC credit" written on it. The Spanish after a transfer (due Brexit fears) had it automatically as a result of it.

To OP - yes of course MCC certificate is enough, both for yourself, and for the interview. Don't sweat it too much.

EUops
30th Apr 2019, 23:10
Thanks gents!