PDA

View Full Version : Istanbul new airport.

Fluke
29th Apr 2019, 03:27
Not heard too many complaints so I assume operations are off to a good start ? :)

APU_inop
29th Apr 2019, 17:20
Considering the volume of the traffic that has been moved there in a very short time things seem to have gone quite smoothly. I've flown there a couple of times and it hasn't been too bad however most hangars, shops etc are still under construction and are yet to open.

Aso
30th Apr 2019, 15:42
Anything is great compared to the old IST from a pointy nose and a SLF perspective :E

ZFT
30th Apr 2019, 21:23
Anything is great compared to the old IST from a pointy nose and a SLF perspective :E

​​​​​​Strange .I had no real issues there and found the THY lounge rather good . Admittedly I only ever transited through

Aso
1st May 2019, 11:42
Then they clearly didnt bus you around for hours :8

GkzgA350
9th May 2019, 22:21
Hi guys,
Has any of a350 been landed there till now? If so how was your experience because I have heard something like that severe winds can be played a role during the operation.

ZFT
9th May 2019, 23:38
Then they clearly didnt bus you around for hours :8
indeed not

Alloy
10th May 2019, 00:03
Passed through the new airport both as a passenger and operating crew recently, one thing that struck me, the walking distances to and from gates were ridiculous with few moving walkways. I felt sorry for those with young children or of reduced walking ability at the airport. The actual terminal size wise seems to be in a different league to anywhere else and must pose a threat to EK/QRs dominance.