PDA

View Full Version : Class 1

Tigereye
4th Aug 2002, 14:38
Just got my Class 1, and I was wondering if anyone has asked for a copy of their medical from the CAA.

Detour
5th Aug 2002, 08:41
I need to get my class 1 soon, can u pl tell if there are any preacutions , I need to take in advance, like stop coffee intake, salt, sugar, multi vitamins...?

foghorn
5th Aug 2002, 15:03
Just don't get p*ssed up the night before, you'll be fine. Also resist the temptation to have a large fry-up for brekkie as they take your cholesterol (although I am reliably informed that they do not fail on this - it's mainly as a screening for your personal benefit).

cheers!
foggy

edit: I see you're not in the UK - the above stands for a JAA Class One taken at Gatwick

silverknapper
10th Aug 2002, 00:56
Tiger.
Passed, don't want to know!!!
fOGGY
Agree
Stay off fat and salt and you'll be ok. BP is the important oine

redsnail
10th Aug 2002, 02:04
I believe the HKG medical is very strict on cholesterol levels. If you haven't done so already I would make sure those levels are acceptable. Reduce the intake of salt and if it's a worry, control the weight to keep the blood pressure sorted.

Detour
19th Aug 2002, 02:29
Thanx foghorn and Tigereye.

I will be getting the medical done in Australia though as I am doing the flying there, altho as some point I will have to get one in HKG , when I get enough money to be able to do some ( really some) flying in HKG .