PDA

View Full Version : Pearson Aviation

Stationair8
26th Apr 2019, 22:44
Article in Friday’s The Australian reporting that Pearson Aviation have ordered 45 new Skyhawks for their international training academy at Mildura.

machtuk
27th Apr 2019, 00:43
GP & AJ, it's a new beginning:-):-):E

onehitwonder
27th Apr 2019, 01:06
They sure have, few diamonds to follow

VH DSJ
29th Apr 2019, 03:16
They obviously have a contract to provide cadet pilot training with that many C172s on order. Any idea for which airline?

Sunfish
29th Apr 2019, 03:30
Another good reason to stay away from Mildura, Swan Hill is really nice.

First_Principal
29th Apr 2019, 05:55
They obviously have a contract to provide cadet pilot training with that many C172s on order. Any idea for which airline?

Ah, that additional info (C172) was useful, here was me thinking the A-4 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-4_Skyhawk) was making a comeback!

FP.

gulliBell
29th Apr 2019, 13:09
Thankfully. Chinese bog-rats zooming around in A4's would be interesting to say the least.

Old Akro
30th Apr 2019, 00:00
I think most if not all the C172's as well as the Diamonds are already at Mildura in the old Qantas maintenance hangar. The hard part is getting instructors & LAME's.

Squawk7700
1st May 2019, 00:06
Setting up a sausage factory and maintaining standards in a new location sounds like quite a challenge. I feel like the turnover of instructors may be quite high in such a location.

Do they get much in the way of IMC up there for training purposes?

IFEZ
1st May 2019, 02:24
Plenty of sunshine up there that's for sure! Low level flying during summer months would be ordinary I'd reckon. Saw their ad a while back on AFAP asking for expressions of interest to move up there for instructing gig. Not sure what sort of response they had. A couple of years instructing up there wouldn't be too bad once you adjusted to the heat. I have a couple of (non aviation) mates who live up there and seem to like it, and I've always enjoyed visiting the area. 45 Skyhawks though..? Needs a lot of students and instructors to keep them in the air. I wish them luck with it. Will be good for the town if it happens.

drpixie
1st May 2019, 06:12

One of the marvels of our system is that you can get an instrument rating without ever having flown in a cloud!
But flying isn't that important if your next step is 2nd officer - officer in charge of Captain's bags and monitoring the cruise 1st officer / chief autopilot watcher.

Capt Fathom
1st May 2019, 10:31
you can get an instrument rating without ever having flown in a cloud!

Then once you have an Instrument Rating, you spend the rest of your career avoiding cloud! :}​​​​​​​

Rated De
1st May 2019, 10:42
GP & AJ, it's a new beginning:-):-):E

Any day now Little Napoleon will be standing among all these young men and some women...
Rolling out the hundreds of pilots to keep downward pressure on terms and conditions.
Wasn't it this June that the graduating class ought be ready for deployment?

FlyBoy1966
24th Jul 2019, 08:36
Confirmed this week - Pearson Aviation base at YMEN is closing down.

Another one bites the dust.

The name is Porter
24th Jul 2019, 13:06

uhmmmm..................the occasional fog :cool:

galdian
25th Jul 2019, 10:33
Only interested as someonewas asking me about Pearson Aviation just the other day, are they totally closing down or just closing the YMEN office to concentrate on the Mildura operation?
Or something else?

Thanks.

The name is Porter
26th Jul 2019, 09:56
If Essendon is indeed closing down, it will only be that base. They are going strong at MIA.