PDA

View Full Version : Any way to ensure I don't get referred in the future?

Mr.Meerkat
25th Apr 2019, 18:49
Hey all!

So on the 1st of April, I had my initial class one medical. It was unfortunately referred/deferred as I failed the ECG due to a right bundle branch block. As in rare cases this could be a symptom of something potentially life-threatening, I don't mind how they wanted to be 100% sure however, I went to the medical exam with both a cardiologist and AME (with class one renewal privileges) stating it is harmless (cardiologist in the form of a report and AME reporting on the CAA system). Of course, when I saw my cardiologist again with the referral, he was a little annoyed as another doctor effectively ignored him and thus, he responded rather sternly.

With this in mind, considering it's been almost a month since I had my class two revoked and class one put on pending, I was wondering what are the chances that this will be brought up again in future renewals. Apart from the obvious (sticking to one AME for renewals) and bringing reports, is there any other preventative methods? I guess the worst part is how I missed about 2.5 weeks of perfect flying weather (consistently <10kts of wind, less than 2 oktas of cloud cover ect.) :ugh:

On a side note, how long does usually for one to receive their medical after a referral? As my reports were forwarded to the AME, I'm pretty sure it's not been deferred to the CAA so maybe it shouldn't take too much longer? Tomorrow on Friday, they will have had it for 2 weeks (but only 8 working days due to Easter holidays).

Thanks everyone!