PDA

View Full Version : Mail Programme

gehenna
24th Apr 2019, 17:18
Hello Everyone

I am currently using Windows Live Mail, which is starting to give me problems. I gather that MS will not update this prorgamme and have switched over to Outlook. Could you suggest a good alternative, or comment on Outlook please.

Thanks as always for your valued advice.

Gehenna

andytug
24th Apr 2019, 20:26
Have a look at BlueMail, now has a PC version. Been using it on my phone for years now and it's excellent. Even my elderly parents can use it!

FullOppositeRudder
24th Apr 2019, 23:34
Mozilla Thunderbird :ok:

YorkshireTyke
25th Apr 2019, 05:44
Used to use Outlook Express until Micros**t canned it, went to Thunderbird but then back to Outlook, nothing wrong with Thunderbird but Outlook seemed more like I was used to but still preferred what was Outlook Express, can't be specific now, too long ago, but it wasn't broke so why did they fix it ? The Outlook Spam filter seems OK, and you can arrange "folders" to try to organise e-mails that you want to categorise.

Harry Wayfarers
25th Apr 2019, 07:17
I use Thunderbird for my business emails, my first email client all those years ago was Outlook Express but I'm against paying for a client when a pretty good alternative in Thunderbird is available for free

gemma10
26th Apr 2019, 13:55
I`ve been using GMX.COM for the last three years, excellent it is. Requires you to log out after each session.

YorkshireTyke
26th Apr 2019, 22:40
I still get my Outlook free, but then I'm still using an old version of Office, not going to pay for Office 365 or whatever "they" call it.

gehenna
28th Apr 2019, 13:04
Thank you for your comments about Mail programmes; as always, people’s experiences and comments are oh help.

Thanks to all