PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training Academy - Cork

Simeng
22nd Apr 2019, 15:02
Hi

A friends son is considering the fully Integrated Airline Pilot Training Program at Atlantic Flight Training Academy - Cork.
Looking for recommendations or any experience of this course or the training establishment,. Good or Bad
The course is almost 80K euros - any recommendations of other training schools etc. Does AFT offer good value for money?
Any help - advice gratefully accepted.
Simeng

ShamrockF
22nd Apr 2019, 17:48
AFTA are a good school with a good reputation. Mark Casey has built it slowly and surely over the years. He never got carried away with expanding too quickly. His staff like him and many have been there for years. They have a good reputation with airlines like Ryanair, Stobart and even Aer Lingus.

You'll be fine.

PigeonVoyageur
23rd Apr 2019, 09:26
When I had to find a flight school for my son back in 2012, I spent quite a number of months on the web looking at nearly 20 flight schools in Europe (West and East) and looking at sites just like this one to see the comments. I didn't find any negative comments.

I finally selected AFTA and I can tell you that they are as good or better than the so-called big 3. I didn't regret it - my son had excellent quality training and he was well prepared for the assessment for a job afterwards. You can find cheaper ones but for quality/cost, AFTA is good. There are some other comments some years back that I posted in response to a query on this school.

I agree with ShamrockF - you'll be fine with them.