PDA

View Full Version : IPHONE 7

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
22nd Apr 2019, 08:28
I dropped an iron (Don't ask) on the face of my iPhone 7. The screen is not broken as far as I can tell. But it will not start up. Anyone got any ideas?

Aaron.

Background Noise
22nd Apr 2019, 09:23
Don't know, but if it is the data you are after it may be recoverable if hooked up to a computer. I managed to put an iPhone in the washing machine and it was unsurprisingly appeared to be dead but, after some time plugged in, it was recognised by the computer and I was able to back it up.

extreme P
23rd Apr 2019, 15:38
Hold home and power buttons together for 10 seconds or so.

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
23rd Apr 2019, 15:46
No joy so far. But thanks.

Aaron.

Alchad
23rd Apr 2019, 15:59
I seem to recall Apple used to have an option where you could start to initiate a repair online and they could remotely run diagnostics. Try checking out the Apple website.

Alternatively if you live near one of their stores, book an appointment and let them check it over.

Good luck,f

Alchad

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
28th Apr 2019, 09:47
Just to update; I took my iPhone to a high street Electronics 'Fix-it' place. They told me that the screen was good and that it was an internal problem which they could not cure. I then took it to Apple. After plugging the phone into a iPad for about 30 seconds they told me the problem was the screen which is part of the microphone-camera-select button system and all would be replace for £120 + VAT. 1 hour later all done.

Aaron.

Alchad
28th Apr 2019, 10:05
Thanks for the update, always good to know.

Just for info of others really, we had the screen replaced on the other half's iPhone the other week by one of the high street shops ( it was actually Timpsons of shoe repair fame who appear to have branched out into this area). They did a good job and the price was about 2/3rds of the Apple online price.

Alchad