PDA

View Full Version : Con-trailing fighters over London 17/4/19

treadigraph
17th Apr 2019, 20:12
Saw a pair of small contrails in loose line abreast heading NNW over London around 10am this morning, pretty noisy. Nothing on ADSB Exchange, I assume either Typhoons or F-15s heading home from somewhere in Europe. Anyone know more?

Just curious! Thanks,

B2N2
17th Apr 2019, 20:17
Unmanned chemtrail dispersal units.

treadigraph
17th Apr 2019, 21:12
Yes, I did a feel a bit odd afterwards. I put it down to the unexpected pre-Easter heatwave...

treadigraph
18th Apr 2019, 15:00
Nobody? Ah well....

Sitting outside a guildford pub just now, apparently the loud penetrating drone that rattled the glasses was a Saudi AF Herc.

pax britanica
18th Apr 2019, 18:27
t graph

Assuming you were there lunchtime to mid pm you might have seen the increasingly rare sight of 4 contrails as a AN124 rerouting Keflavik to Verona passed overhead around 2ish i think. I heard but didnt see the herc. The An124 and its trip made me think that being crew on one of those must be one of the more interesting flight deck roles left as they fly all over the place with some very odd and unusual city pairs.

DaveReidUK
18th Apr 2019, 20:51
Assuming you were there lunchtime to mid pm you might have seen the increasingly rare sight of 4 contrails as a AN124 rerouting Keflavik to Verona passed overhead around 2ish i think.

You might be surprised how common 4-holers OTT still are - a typical day sees around 50 overhead the southeast (not including LHR/LGW movements), mostly cargo 747s plus a handful of A340s.

treadigraph
18th Apr 2019, 22:40
Missed the 124 - in another Guildford pub and prob indoors at the time I suspect. Did you know they have two strobes mounted fore and aft in the belly, think that's unique?

Two other 4 engined trailers over the SE this morning were a pair of NATO E-3s, eastbound either side of London about 8am or so... Bit overcast in Purley at the time.