PDA

View Full Version : CAE Women in Flight

sdickson96
17th Apr 2019, 14:49
Is anyone applying for the women in flight scholarship? If so how have you found the assessment process? I am due to take my Stage 2 next month.

Training Risky
18th Apr 2019, 12:52
Sounds awesome. Is there a Men in Flight scholarship too for men who can't afford to fund their own training? Like this guy:

https://barrierbreakingpilot.com/come-fly-with-me/

schweizer2
19th Apr 2019, 07:05
There's nothing like beating discrimination with some positive discrimination

Krautwald
19th Apr 2019, 07:59
Where/are you hand on your heart just as upset and emotional during/about the decades when EVERY paid-for cadet scheme was 100% restricted to males? Because if not, you should not use the D-word. At all.

Its a private fund that chooses to target their private means at a rather limited group of people (very few people in professional flight training are women). I get that technically, you may call that discrimination but in factual context, it’s not something that will set you at a mentionable disadvantage.

Chris the Robot
19th Apr 2019, 08:09
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Training Risky
19th Apr 2019, 08:13
Two wrongs don't make a right. Sex discrimination is either right or wrong. We have heard for decades that it is wrong...

Training Risky
19th Apr 2019, 08:13
Two wrongs don't make a right.
wow chris. Talk about crossover!

Chris the Robot
19th Apr 2019, 09:51
It is wrong, however there does seem to unfortunately be a growing view that it is perfectly acceptable if it benefits minorities. Double standards.

redsnail
19th Apr 2019, 18:56
sdickson96 sorry, I don't know anything about the CAE assessment. Perhaps a generic search for Stage 2 CAE assessments might generate more respones than what you've received ...

You'll come across this in this career...

Chesty Morgan
20th Apr 2019, 07:03
What is "this"?

Banana Joe
20th Apr 2019, 11:41
If she's got the attitude and the skills she will do just fine in this career.
The problem comes when they enforce things and sometimes even good, capable female pilots are collateral victims of positive discrimination.

sdickson96
10th May 2019, 13:31
sdickson96 sorry, I don't know anything about the CAE assessment. Perhaps a generic search for Stage 2 CAE assessments might generate more respones than what you've received ...

Thank you yes have found lots of stuff there!

sdickson96
10th May 2019, 13:35
There were never obstacles for a girl to become a pilot. The only thing needed is money to finance training. And that has been the same for males.
Unfortunately, the HR industry is in charge of pilot selection now.

Only 5% of pilots are female, which I do feel is an obstacle in itself, it very much isn't considered a 'female' career. I do completely agree that there should be more available funding regardless of gender. I think the point of the scholarship is to encourage women to consider aviation, when beforehand many would have just passed it off as a 'male' job.

Rachel_
11th May 2019, 14:26
Is anyone applying for the women in flight scholarship? If so how have you found the assessment process? I am due to take my Stage 2 next month.

Hello! I'm applying to the scholarship too. Shall I private message you my email? My assessment is the 16th May

==========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

sdickson96
12th May 2019, 06:39
Hello! I'm applying to the scholarship too. Shall I private message you my email? My assessment is the 16th May

==========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

I’m new to the site and can’t work out where the private message is but my email is [email protected] feel free to message me on that!