PDA

View Full Version : Royal Air Maroc Junior First Officer

Leroy Stanley
17th Apr 2019, 14:22
Greetings,

Has anyone joined RAM as a junior FO? Are they still hiring for this position?

anto125
23rd Apr 2019, 04:11
They're hiring but requesting type without hours on it..

Leroy Stanley
23rd Apr 2019, 13:09
They're hiring but requesting type without hours on it..

How many flying hours total time are they looking for?

Banana Joe
23rd Apr 2019, 20:20
You only need the type rating for the Junior FO position. With 500 hours you are upgraded to First Officer.

4runner
24th Apr 2019, 02:50
I’m rolling my eyes at all this nonsense. I’ve flown with P2F “graduates” of RAM. Astronauts one and all.

Leroy Stanley
25th Apr 2019, 09:40
I’m rolling my eyes at all this nonsense. I’ve flown with P2F “graduates” of RAM. Astronauts one and all.
What exactly are you saying?

Leroy Stanley
25th Apr 2019, 09:42
You only need the type rating for the Junior FO position. With 500 hours you are upgraded to First Officer.

So you can get hired with a fresh 200 hour CPL and a 737 rating?

4runner
25th Apr 2019, 18:53
What exactly are you saying?

this was a P2F job for years. The “graduates” thought very highly of themselves. I’m glad they’re hiring and paying people.

Leroy Stanley
26th Apr 2019, 11:09
this was a P2F job for years. The “graduates” thought very highly of themselves. I’m glad they’re hiring and paying people.
Is this an opportunity for fast-track fresh Cpl 200 hour ATP jet rated pilots, like with Ryanair & EasyJet?

Banana Joe
27th Apr 2019, 19:58
So you can get hired with a fresh 200 hour CPL and a 737 rating?

It's pretty much the norm in Europe.

Leroy Stanley
27th Apr 2019, 21:34
It's pretty much the norm in Europe.
RAM is in Africa, can you confirm that fresh CPL pilots with a 737 type rating qualify for the position?

Leroy Stanley
27th Apr 2019, 21:36
Is the type rating a mandatory requirement? Can't they just provide the type with a bond attached? I believe this would attract more pilots to Morocco.

I've also heard that they don't accept moroccan nationals or pilots with double nationality in this scheme, due to an internal conflict. Is that true?
Regarding the bond, I agree. Paying for a type rating with no guarantee of a job as a fresh 200 hour CPL pilot is very risky in Africa.

4runner
28th Apr 2019, 03:29
Is the type rating a mandatory requirement? Can't they just provide the type with a bond attached? I believe this would attract more pilots to Morocco.

I've also heard that they don't accept moroccan nationals or pilots with double nationality in this scheme, due to an internal conflict. Is that true?

“scheme” is the correct term.

kibz2005
28th Apr 2019, 08:17
My inbox is almost full. Unbelievable...

This is both sad and hilarious at the same time. I'm going to go ahead and guess that the standard of English in some of those messages you got was wanting?:}

Leroy Stanley
28th Apr 2019, 12:44
My inbox is almost full. Unbelievable...
As you were talking to me, please reply to my PM. Thanks.

Leroy Stanley
11th May 2019, 20:15
Dody20, your inbox is full, I can't reply to you. State your questions here.

captFRIZZ
19th May 2019, 19:19
I tried applying for junior first officer through rishworth, apparently I have everything except a frozen ATP, as I’m only in possession of a CPL, though I have some time on 737CL, thought that will be advantageous but I guess not, does anyone has the same issue?? I will love to know if this is only from the agency.

Ps: i’m a rated 737NG and classic

Dz_flyer
1st Aug 2019, 12:46
Is it worth to Spend money for 737 TR to aplly for this position ? What are the risks of not getting hired ?

polskiland
3rd Aug 2019, 18:26
Is it worth to Spend money for 737 TR to aplly for this position ? What are the risks of not getting hired ?

By the time you finish your type rating, recruitment will be closed and you will be stuck with a type rating. So there is a huge risk of not getting hired

anto125
5th Aug 2019, 10:18
You guys confirm assessment is closed?

FarewellFire
20th Aug 2019, 11:33
As far as I know the assessment has closed but this may only be the case for so-called "experienced" FO´s (i.e. 500+ hours on type).

And in response to the guy who asked about getting a self sponsored rating without any form of solid job offer - don´t do it. Never do it. I have a few friends who did and none got hired because the next question the employers had was always linked to the fact that they had a rating with zero hours attached to it.

Bond? Sure.

But never invest that kind of money without anything solid from an employer to back it up. And yes, I know that this isn´t what a lot of people want to hear when they are in a position to actually consider this but it is all the same solid advise from someone who´s been "there".

Banana Joe
20th Aug 2019, 13:08
Since the recruitment is closed only for experienced FO, does it mean the junior FO's joining now would not get the pay increase when they reach 500 hours?

Pilotkid
10th Sep 2019, 19:10
Does anyone on here have any idea as to why is it that Royal Air Morac specifically don’t accept FAA license holders ?

Dz_flyer
10th Sep 2019, 23:52
they have restrictions for some nationalities ?
as i asked the agent of rishworth he said that people from My country have very little chances as they Give preference to people in possesion of double nationality and from neighbor countries ( My country is à neighboor country of morroco )

B77F
11th Sep 2019, 08:26
No chance at all if you are national or with double nationality for the Rishworth offer. Foreigners only.

FlyToGetPay
26th Nov 2019, 20:02
Hi, Any update from this JFO position?

Banana Joe
15th Mar 2020, 21:33
What's the deal with them at the moment? I heard they sent home 35 expats just a few days ago, the Rishworth contract has no longer been available for some time and now Brookfield advertises the same contract.