PDA

View Full Version : Flydubai Second officer requirements

Leroy Stanley
17th Apr 2019, 14:17
Greetings,

I'd like to know if a Boeing 737 type rating is required to qualify for a Flydubai SO position.

Thank you.

seven3seven
18th Apr 2019, 06:51
Pretty sure they don't have SO. Might want to do some better research before you apply to them for a job.

Captain Jay
18th Apr 2019, 07:21
Hello Stanley !

Well if you want to join FlyDubai as a Second Officer, you have to pass your B737 TR at CAE Dubai.
There is a process until the last sim which is your goal because a FlyDubai captain will be here to see if you are good enough to join the company.

Leroy Stanley
18th Apr 2019, 14:51
Pretty sure they don't have SO. Might want to do some better research before you apply to them for a job.

They do, Google fly Dubai low hour pilot program.

yazany
14th Jul 2019, 16:05
Hi all,

The program seems promising however with the MAX issues I'm not sure if it's worth the risk. Adding to that if the program stays On wouldn't the international regulators ask for more sessions over the training requirements to fly the MAX. And wouldn't that change the program criteria as Fly Dubai plans to replace and expand on the MAX airplane according to internet sources.

High Energy
14th Jul 2019, 18:54
No one knows yet. IF you get through it's one of the best gigs out there as a newbie, besides the usual mainline options imho. I say IF because there is financial risk involved too because if you don't pass your 737 typerating checkride where the FDB examinor assess you too then you have a 737 rating but no job and no experience. Maybe someone in Europe will take you (has happened) but what if they don't? Training is long too unless they need people quickly.

Then once you are in you have to jump throuh a few hoops, take all the crap that comes for the first 1500hr but after that you are golden. Be aware you are also bonded for 5 years.

Once the MAX returns we need a LOT of pilots. Experienced and not experienced/rated. A lot!

737TR
13th Oct 2019, 16:45
Hello fellow aviators :}

Just wanted to ask if CAE has any nationality restrictions considering the 737 TR.
I’ve done my training here in the UAE and I have a CPL-ME/IR with 220 hours.
I have heard a weird story about a guy not getting accepted for this TR just cause his nationality is blacklisted but didn’t sound logical cause they’ll only provide training then it’s up to FDB plus it’s a 33,000USD gamble
Thanks all

Flybullet
26th Nov 2019, 03:47
This flydubai program is abit frustrating, you spend too long in the holding pool waiting as they prioritise direct entries even tho you invested. I know people thats been waiting well over 18 months now.

737TR
27th Nov 2019, 06:19
Flybullet Yep I am well aware of that situation going on with Flydubai’s program but my main concern was that discrimination thing that pilot faced. I’ve met the guy and AFAIK he got refused cause his nationality was a sanctioned country and what I understood is that Emirates - CAE claims to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which is a very well known thing back in the US/Canada and they have a committee where you can file cases against companies doing the opposite of that (discrimination due to many factors including national origin). He came in contact with the EEOC but didn’t start any case. I personally saw the reply he got by email and TBH it’s a pretty disgusting reply that states all the details of why he got refused which is not even ethically right. I was just asking you here guys around since you know better concerning those stuff as most of you are westerners and maybe had come through a similar case. Thanks for the reply but if anyone gets on this thread and can clarify better I’d be grateful.

Happy Flying :)

fatbus
27th Nov 2019, 17:32
Welcome to the ME !

737TR
27th Nov 2019, 18:46
fatbus naah it’s not about the ME it’s US implemented policies which make no sense by all means :ugh: