PDA

View Full Version : Australian recruiters failing middle eastern guys at QATAR AIRWAY

Labu
17th Apr 2019, 03:47
It’s been noticed that the Australian in the recriutment team always failing very high experience pilots from the Middle East and north Africa and this is done all the time it seems that the Australian think it’s another EK where they run the show as the fall of etihad airlines done by the Australian

Adam Barfy
17th Apr 2019, 13:42
Maybe they failed because they weren’t good enough??

Aso
17th Apr 2019, 13:48
I understand that he doesn't like people who can't write proper English :}

ironbutt57
18th Apr 2019, 04:42
at what stage are they failing??

seven3seven
18th Apr 2019, 06:54
Perhaps they are just trying to maintain a high standard? If you didn't know, Australian pilots are the best pilots in the world.

Jokes aside, I wouldn't be singling out a personal attack on this forum - especially against Etihad. We all know how that ended last time.

squarecrow
18th Apr 2019, 08:00
Especially as this person cant write English apparently,
I noticed some other post on here about CAE/PARC equally
so.
Typical Matsalleh hater,

Labu
21st Apr 2019, 03:03
Australians pilots the best pilots that’s a JOKE, a country bought by Chinese that’s why Australian pilot cannot find jobs in there country running away like cowards to Etihad and then running away from there

Labu
21st Apr 2019, 03:07
That was done on the personal interview and few in the SIM

Labu
21st Apr 2019, 03:18
It seems that your a desperate looking into jobs as you have no clue what’s going on as desperate woman looking to have a good time but you cannot get it cheers I forgot my French in your English as we say that’s life if you can translate my French ( Fish and chips) ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ Boy

drifter3
21st Apr 2019, 07:08
Interestingly, most ME airlines have a number of recruiters making the assessment. Not just one. I know in some parts of the recruitment stages there are up to 6 people making assessments on the candidate group. So, if 1 Australian recruiter says you failed and 5 say you passed, I am sure you passed.
The way you have conducted yourself on this forum, leads me to believe that Qatar Airways, like most airlines, take a notice of attitude and behaviour.

What I did find amusing was your post that Australian pilots are running away from Australia. Unless you are Qatari, what are you running away from?

All the best for your future

SIUYA
21st Apr 2019, 08:58
A translation of #9 might be helpful :confused::confused:

ozziekiwi
21st Apr 2019, 09:34
Sounds like the OP is speaking from personal experience eh?
Doesn't have what it takes!!

Ozziekiwi

Labu
22nd Apr 2019, 02:08
The problem is that those recruiters base the assessment on your race or your passport and it’s not a fair chance when you get unprofessional people dealing with that and regarding Australian running away in the USA Australians are applying for jobs based on special visas for pilot recriutment as the USA are offering 600 working visa due to shortage of pilots

ironbutt57
22nd Apr 2019, 02:24
when I interviewed there it was an Iranian Captain, and a Russian FO, all very relaxed and professional, the fellow running the sim was from a South American country I believe..the Oztronaut mob at Emirates was known to be a bit of a dirty clan for a while..

Labu
22nd Apr 2019, 02:56
That created a lot of tension as now it’s a game changeover as EK got 45 airplanes grounded due to lack of crew

diesel9
22nd Apr 2019, 05:48
EK got 45 airplanes grounded due to lack of crew

Labu what exactly are you smoking? Best you put that stuff away as you are embarrassing yourself.

halas
22nd Apr 2019, 08:39
I bet the 100's who were forced to take leave are the culprits who grounded the planes. No, just some Australian conspiracy to ensure Asians don't get a job in QR.

Makes as much sense as Labu.

halas

donpizmeov
22nd Apr 2019, 10:59
“That boy, I say that boy is about as sharp as a bowling ball” .

Leghorn

drifter3
22nd Apr 2019, 11:43
I know I shouldn't continue, but here goes.

1.Lubu, what is your "your race or your passport"? Why would they invite you to Qatar with all its associated costs and resources to interview if they were going to fail you?

2. Would you mind telling me what aircraft would are currently flying? And what sim they put you in for the assessment?

3. If the US is short on pilots and offer special visas for Australians to work in regional airlines, how is that the fault of Australian pilots. Isn't that the same as Qatar Airways offering special visas for foreigners to live and work in Qatar. This is because Qatar Airways cannot find enough Qataris to fly all their aircraft.

BR
Drifter

level_change
22nd Apr 2019, 12:12
All the Australians I have met in QR were relaxed and decent people with a lot of experience too - many of whom have returned to Qantas.
There are nice people from everywhere, but I do remember some individuals of North African origin with questionable repute in terms of attitude and humiliating behaviour towards ground crew or other pilots. The company knows who they are but as you know once habibi, always habibi...

level_change
22nd Apr 2019, 12:15
Still - I really don't believe that there is any racist agenda in recruitment. Didn't pass? Learn the lesson and move on.

Labu
23rd Apr 2019, 01:48
by the way this is happening in asia homless aussie cannot find jobs are overseas too

Capn Rex Havoc
23rd Apr 2019, 07:02
LABU LABU LABU

Looks like a trend developing here. You seemed to not get along with HR at CEBU (Were they awful Aussies too?). Rishworth is a Kiwi mob. Maybe you are getting confused.

in asia homless aussie cannot find jobs are overseas too

Can someone translate this please? Labu, are you saying that homeless pilots in OZ are unable to be homeless in Asia? I'm confused.

ironbutt57
23rd Apr 2019, 10:35
If the US is short on pilots and offer special visas for Australians to work in regional airlines, how is that the fault of Australian pilots.

Its not their fault, just like the pilots who were sent by their employers to work in Oz during the pilot dispute...

rodney rude
24th Apr 2019, 05:32
Labu is a lying and slanderous idiot.

Very rarely do airlines give feedback as to exactly why you were not successful. And they would NEVER tell you that you were unsuccessful because "The Aussie guy on the interview panel didn't like you." So you are a bull**** artist.

But what this Aussie can tell you, without a word of a lie, is that I for one do not like you ,I would not employ you and that your English is retarded (which by the way, would not impress any interview panel.)

Just another one of God's chromozone mix ups who gets knocked back and then wants to blame others

ironbutt57
24th Apr 2019, 06:58
Labu is a lying and slanderous idiot.

Very rarely do airlines give feedback as to exactly why you were not successful. And they would NEVER tell you that you were unsuccessful because "The Aussie guy on the interview panel didn't like you." So you are a bull**** artist.

But what this Aussie can tell you, without a word of a lie, is that I for one do not like you ,I would not employ you and that your English is retarded (which by the way, would not impress any interview panel.)

Just another one of God's chromozone mix ups who gets knocked back and then wants to blame others

who cares??

Daddy Fantastic
24th Apr 2019, 22:19
An American friend of mine who is a non pprunner asked me to find out what an Emirates background check is like regarding your pilot training records from your last or even previous company before that.

He has 1 failed skills test in his life with about 3 or 4 jet type ratings but this failure is at his present company. Apparently the training department there is quite rubbish and he is worried how it will affect him going forward.

He does not want to disclose it if he does not have to but wont lie if asked.

So basically what do they request from your previous companies regarding your training, attendance record, references etc?

Thanks on his behalf to any EK pilots or anyone in the know that replies.

badmannen
25th Apr 2019, 19:11
An American friend of mine who is a non pprunner asked me to find out what an Emirates background check is like regarding your pilot training records from your last or even previous company before that.

He has 1 failed skills test in his life with about 3 or 4 jet type ratings but this failure is at his present company. Apparently the training department there is quite rubbish and he is worried how it will affect him going forward.

He does not want to disclose it if he does not have to but wont lie if asked.

So basically what do they request from your previous companies regarding your training, attendance record, references etc?

Thanks on his behalf to any EK pilots or anyone in the know that replies.

Tell your "friend" that aviation is PASS /FAIL ... that is , if he is still flying he passed. done deal. well done . move on.
As always background check is standard procedure, maybe but not always last OPC, the rest is standard stuff.. noone ever gave 5 f´s if someone failed something or even 5 times and then manned up and got the act togheter and passed , because .,.... you figured it out .. then you passed.

=) ( smileyface * 5)

Labu
26th Apr 2019, 03:14
Badmannen it seems you cannot figure out who you are as a person if you are close minded and don’t want to hear the truth that tells me you are another kangaroo who got lost in an a foreign desert just go back to your desert and learn how to lesson before you talk

ozziekiwi
26th Apr 2019, 04:43
Badmannen it seems you cannot figure out who you are as a person if you are close minded and don’t want to hear the truth that tells me you are another kangaroo who got lost in an a foreign desert just go back to your desert and learn how to lesson before you talk

Seems like this idiot is really down on Aussies, what's wrong with him? Going by his rants on here he must have missed out on ICAO Level 4 for starters and probably bitter because he can't make the grade !! Why don't you crawl back into your hole in the ground you Jerk?

Typical Matsalleh hater

Ozziekiwi

Wizofoz
26th Apr 2019, 23:15
Seems like this idiot is really down on Aussies, what's wrong with him? Going by his rants on here he must have missed out on ICAO Level 4 for starters and probably bitter because he can't make the grade !! Why don't you crawl back into your hole in the ground you Jerk?

Typical Matsalleh hater

Ozziekiwi

I'm not sure what he hates more- Aussies or punctuation!!!!

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 01:20
Iozzie kiwi talking about levels what kind of level when we know who was shipped across-the world as criminal to the big jail and how there females came from so if you cannot accept the fact who you are idiottttt keep quite your back ground talks for you different level acha capich understood HEHE

SOPS
27th Apr 2019, 01:33
This guy is becoming just completely strange.

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 01:40
i just donnot know why the australian cannot accept the truth

ozziekiwi
27th Apr 2019, 01:59
This guy is becoming just completely strange.

What do you mean 'becoming' He's more than strange, he's an imbecile from a struggling third world country and he can't get out into the real world sucker !!

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 02:19
You see ignorance leads to stupidity because you cannot runaway fro your past it’s in your blood Which leads to bad behavior Aussiekiwi what’s that shoe polish kiwi

Capn Rex Havoc
27th Apr 2019, 04:54
LABU,

I am an Ozzie, born in Oz, - but my Grandparents immigrated from Italy. Your attempt to make some connection to the colonial British past and modern day Australia, is pathetic. You are obviously bitter and outraged by the perceived injustices perpetrated to you, for that I am sorry. Best you put that behind you, stop posted your vitriolic rubbish on here, get on with your life and stay resilient. I wish you all the best I really do.

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 05:30
I have posted the truth that happens in Qatar airways so if you are in that part of the world get to know truth before you start talking garbage and trying to agree with somebody else before you speak trash learn how to lesson or stay away and by the way I know how people in Australia treats Italians and Greeks and Lebanese and how they speak bad behind your back get a life and learn to speak with respect

drifter3
27th Apr 2019, 07:47
Labu, The Australian guy who failed you, is my new hero.
He just saved us all from having to sometimes operate in the same airspace as you. Huge increase in safety.

Try to look at it less emotionally. Aviation is not for everyone, maybe you should just get the hint and change career. By the sounds of it, you have issues Cebu and Qatar. You might find that you will have issues with every airline you deal with.

Che Xindamail
27th Apr 2019, 07:55
What a brilliant thread! I love it when someone with an axe to grind gets on here after a few drinks, but Labu just keeps on giving!

Labu, have a couple more and tell us what you really think. You’ve told us your feelings for Australians. Anything else bothering you? Go on, get it all out. And forget about punctuation.

N4865G
27th Apr 2019, 08:37
Do not feed the troll. Ignore him

Dom

APU_inop
27th Apr 2019, 08:37
If you have problems with everyone, everyone might not be the ones at fault.

slowjet
27th Apr 2019, 09:10
Mods seem to allow a lot more leeway these days. Mate of mine did jail time (Banned) for much lighter stuff & I too was given a severe dressing down by the Mods for using words like "Twerp" ! I should go to another section and ask of the Mods ; "Where Are They Now ? "

ironbutt57
27th Apr 2019, 11:48
Labu, The Australian guy who failed you, is my new hero.
He just saved us all from having to sometimes operate in the same airspace as you. Huge increase in safety.

Try to look at it less emotionally. Aviation is not for everyone, maybe you should just get the hint and change career. By the sounds of it, you have issues Cebu and Qatar. You might find that you will have issues with every airline you deal with.

for sure he saved many crews from long miserable flights..

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 13:03
Why cannot people accept the truth

27th Apr 2019, 13:54
Because Labu, maybe you are wrong.

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 18:59
You know 666 wrong or right it doesn’t matter I backed my buddy but now I found out he was right by the way he is Asian not even a middle eastern

tomuchwork
27th Apr 2019, 21:27
Well, I agree with you guys hitting on Labu. To much complaining about an recruitment event is just not overly professional.

However, I had, long time ago, I think it was Dragonair back in 2006, a not very nice panel interview with them. One of the recruitment team members was a former police officer now doing pilot recruitment(it's the obvious thing, isn't it^^. That's what police officers shine at - at recruiting pilots ;-) )for this asian guys, british guy if I recall correctly . I guess he just DID NOT like me(mainland western european). All the 45 mins of that interview went around IF I could adopt living in HK(and I was already abroad a lot at that time, but hey). So I left that interview with the clear feeling that I failed and it was like that.

Point is. There are ALWAYS humans involved during a recruitment process(thanks god). That means that IF the "chemistry" is not right most likely that guy/gal WILL fail you. Because in that situation they are on the winning end of the food chain.

Most of us(at least that bunch that has been around a while and was forced to change employer already a few times during their "career"(wrong name for most pilots lifes, isn't it, not much of it remains since the last century I want to point out)) experienced that at least once in their life. Can be that someone does not like you and he will make sure you will not make it into that company. Pain in the ass for me at that time was that my employer went bust and I really needed a job. But the jerk had to discuss with me WHERE(I even checked out some places) in bloody HK I could live and if my family and me would like it(like some employers really care if you like your base). Had to do a "lease" job for some months till I found some other decent(nothing special as it was in ME which is an other arkward story of my life but not here) job to feed my family.
I would go even further and would say that some persons are in the absolute wrong position sometimes recruiting pilots, we all know the different "phases" of EK, then there was the other "unspeakable" middle eastern airline that had once a brits managament including recruitment guys, then it changed to german till it was tipped again and back to lovely brits. Guys got hired by germans and lost contracts with the brits because "they had to do it all over again". Or QR when they went a bit "indian".Just a few examples of far to many.

This IS the world of aviation Labu, live with it. You are for sure not the only one that MAYBE got shot down because someone did not like you. Or simply you just did not meet the expectations. Who knows? Go on with your life, your job. Like we all do.Interviews are a lot about qualification, I think we all agree on that. But, the tipping point is still symphaty - they, or someone, does not like your nose, you never get the job.

Labu
27th Apr 2019, 21:50
I totally agree with you but what amaze me , it’s still happening in the 21 century where the hate is still there but trust me I seen it happening to my friend they have axed him out because he was Asian and this is happening at EK too and other carriers

tomuchwork
28th Apr 2019, 00:01
Of course it happens Labu. Everywhere.

Do not respect chinese and it will happen there(or even if you respect them but they have to axe you because they need to fail a certain percentage), Japan, same. Middle East - OF COURSE. Most likely the place where you can expect the most racism.

And I tell you what - hate was there 500 years ago, most certainly in the 20th century and of course in the 21st. Guess what - it will be the same in the 25th century. As long as humans "run" the world nothing really will change.

Now - if you could PROOF such a thing you claim(and many other of us experienced onced in a while) for instance in Europe or the US you could actually do something about it. Problem, how to proof such an individual and personal thing. BUT - ME is the Wild West. They do what they want and when they want. And guess what(again ^^) - it would not even stop AFTER they would employ you(more or less the same case with China). Still you could be target of unfair punishment and you could do nothing about it except maybe jump ship(if you got another job lined up already).

Maybe it was a good thing not to enter that outfit, who knows. I, most certainly, do NOT miss my time with QR in the early 2000's.....A B is still around, so I think nothing has changed there either.

Labu
28th Apr 2019, 00:29
tomuchwork i really respect you as you are right thank you for the good words you are absolutely right as you said nothing will change

donpizmeov
28th Apr 2019, 08:18
I am guessing the other multitude of nationalities that are working in QR somehow slipped through the cracks . Big call to say nationality is used to exclude there, as their pilots list would prove otherwise .

Gordomac
28th Apr 2019, 09:50
Labu : I recall flying with a blue-eyed, blond -haired , white skinned, delightful FO in the ME. He claimed, in the night-stop bar that he was very racist. He said that he hated all white men ! Larfed so much I spilled me drink. Of course it exists, always has. I failed to get into CX in the 70's because , having been born in India, the "twerp" of a DFO thought that meant that I was Indian and stated ; " We don't want any Indians here". For the few who don't get it, that means that if you were born in a stable, you must be a horse ! I have that on Authority but can't testify to accuracy. It is a long , now, amusing story but at the time of finding out, it hurt. Despite numerous and at sometime humorous further attempts at CX selection, I never got in. Although very close to success with (ASL) CX freighter DEC, something went wrong at the last stage and I got the three line reject slip. Nudge & wink I guess.

At one of the CX (mainline) stage two interviews in the 80's, the HR Rep took umbridge with my humour. 747 Rep didn't like my attitude because I fought back at very silly questions about bleed control valves,FMC stuff , etc. I was , at that time, a B757, experienced Commander They were awaiting 747's with winglets and FMC's and asked why the 747-400 had winglets. Nah, didn't get in at that attempt either.

The HR bod went on to Virgin. Labu, I know you get the point. I , later, applied to Virgin, heard from the ex CX Hr chap that all he could do was place me in the recruitment pool. I Never got out ! Perhaps he hoped I would drown.

But, it has all got better. I am told that CX has lots of Asians. We were a global mix at GF where I was welcomed and stayed for nearly two decades. In fact , being born in India in 1947 ( sorry, but we called it British India) , I got a few funny looks from pure Indians. Can't win eh ?

I thought you were referring to your own case, Labu, but you call him your buddy ( sorry, didn't read all the posts). Either way, as others have exhorted, move on, look back, and larf out loud. I'm off to the pool to work on me tan.

ironbutt57
28th Apr 2019, 10:06
In fact, being born in India in 1947 ( sorry, but we called it British India) , I got a few funny looks from pure Indians. Can't win eh ?

thats because you lost your accent

Che Xindamail
28th Apr 2019, 10:20
I’ve done a lot of recruitment, both interviews and simulator assessments. If the basic requirements were met we would invite the candidate for interview. If the simulator assessment was good enough and the candidate showed capacity to be trained, it was all up to the interview. The principle was that an experienced pilot can be trained to a very good standard, whereas an unpleasant personality will remain unpleasant for decades. Personality was everything. If any interviewer had a less than positive gut feeling the candidate was out.

Re QR, we now have 118 nationalities among the pilots. Racist it is absolutely not. But the race card is a very convenient excuse for someone who failed and whose personality might need a bit of introspection.

Labu
28th Apr 2019, 10:42
The problem I did not fail the interview but I came across people who had interviews with Qatar Airways they have failed for there race or nationality when you come from the Places in Europe and they have classes for your passport that’s racism and now places like INDIA Requiting expats it’s a game change by the way Qatar airways can have 118. Nationalities but still when my friend went to the interview he is Asian the panel was 2 Australian and one European they failed him in the personal interview if you want to make it fare bring somebody who is Asian to make it fair because you don’t fail people in the personal interview and call that not a racist

donpizmeov
28th Apr 2019, 10:47
So is everyone who doesn't get through an interview a victim of racism?

Labu
28th Apr 2019, 10:55
You missing the point

Capn Rex Havoc
28th Apr 2019, 12:03
I get your point - if you are a friend of Labu and fail an interview, then the interviewers are racist.

That’s plain and clear, why didn’t I see that before?

SOPS
28th Apr 2019, 12:51
Is this not the ‘new’ way.??? .... If I don’t get my own way.. I’m going to stamp my feet, hold my breath, and play the outrage card, and then demand a ‘ safe space’ to cuddle up with a Teddy Bear.. until I finally get my own way?

After all.. the world owes me a living...

Che Xindamail
28th Apr 2019, 14:03
Well said SOPS, no point discussing the concepts of ‘merit’ or ‘suitability’ with a Millennial.

Python27
28th Apr 2019, 14:20
Well said SOPS, no point discussing the concepts of ‘merit’ or ‘suitability’ with a Millennial.

If you do, you're being biased, racist, xenophobic (insert any random adjective here) and this and that...

4runner
29th Apr 2019, 03:25
Australians pilots the best pilots that’s a JOKE, a country bought by Chinese that’s why Australian pilot cannot find jobs in there country running away like cowards to Etihad and then running away from there

*their. What does Chinese investment have to do with their aviation abilities? Btw, I’m no fan of Aussies or Kiwis in aviation either...

4runner
29th Apr 2019, 03:28
If you do, you're being biased, racist, xenophobic (insert any random adjective here) and this and that...

Is Python your flight call sign? If so, kindly put me in touch with the female boom operator.

seven3seven
29th Apr 2019, 23:34
I would fail you as well. You are incompetent, and can't speak English. Two vital floors in your dream to becoming an international pilot.

ironbutt57
29th Apr 2019, 23:51
Obviously you do, you keep coming back. Xenophobic rants see you float up like a high-fibre turd. Your own grudge is based on something not too dissimilar to this halfwit labu. Explains a lot. You two have a bit in common and I hope you keep posting from your trailer park - it's entertaining. I see your posts and it reminds me to pass on my regards the training dept.

nicely put, what makes you so miserable??

30th Apr 2019, 00:17
Interesting thread, but I’m somewhat confused now.
is it safe for me to interview with QR or will I be victimised like the gent from Cebu?

ironbutt57
30th Apr 2019, 00:31
Interesting thread, but I’m somewhat confused now.
is it safe for me to interview with QR or will I be victimised like the gent from Cebu?

go to the interview and enjoy...this person is one of how many thousands who have interviewed, most successfully, many not...I don't think any part of the interview team would be knocking people back based on their nationality...sounds like sour grapes to me...

Aso
30th Apr 2019, 12:02
You missing the point

Well we are missing a lot of points like: what is your background? You make a lot of noise but sound like a looser to me by choice and quality of words and reasoning alone... So I think this Australian recruiter did an excellent job but to be honest a straight forward one as it is clear from miles away that you are ehhhh special :rolleyes:

FalseGS
30th Apr 2019, 14:29
I wouldn't lay credence to his assertions without some hard data or evidence. However, the concept of nation specific 'mafias' within large expat centric airlines is an often discussed topic.

Euro trainers giving a hard time to Aussies and vice versa (just a random example of region pairs, other regions are certainly not immune to this disease) in their respective recurrents is a frequently raised issue at informal get togethers.

If such an attitude is implicitly, or explicitly, displayed internally within a company, it would be natural to assume it would spill over into recruitment. I personally have not experienced any bias, so far, but the number of stories you do hear make me feel that there is something that needs to be addressed.

Accusing the poor chap of sour grapes and incompetence hardly dispels the opinion he is posting.