PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Forced Landing at Haywards Bay, Albion Park.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
16th Apr 2019, 02:24
SY Radio 2GB reporting at 12.20pm EST, Tuesday, that an aircraft has forced landed in grasslands at Haywards Bay, which is the suburb adjacent to Albion Park, NSW.

No news as yet, of aircraft type or occupants on board, nor of damage on ground to houses, if any.

That is all so far...….

onehitwonder
16th Apr 2019, 02:32
Just seen the footage.

Cessna 150

Pilot got out and walked away, awaiting on services to arrive

Ex FSO GRIFFO
16th Apr 2019, 03:23
Thankyou.

Cheers

flywatcher
16th Apr 2019, 07:44
Does anyone have the rego?

Wunwing
16th Apr 2019, 08:09
Check the Illawarra Mercury for a photo including rego.

Okihara
16th Apr 2019, 08:31
Aircraft Crash at Haywards Bay, Albion Park

an aircraft has forced landed in grasslands

Is there any accepted definition of crash these days? I feel that crash and forced landing (or any combination thereof) can't quite be used interchangeably.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
16th Apr 2019, 09:08
Hello Mr 'O',

I have actually been waiting for 'someone' to comment on that.
For what its worth, the first news bulletin I heard said the magic journo's word, 'crash', so I typed it in.

Then an update a few minutes later said 'forced landing' so I tried to change the heading, but the site would not let me...…
So.…… And then you come along with nothing more 'constructive' than your inane comment...….
Have a nice day...….

New Thread Title. Keep you happy? :}

Tail Wheel

Okihara
16th Apr 2019, 09:45
Slightly off topic but here's how you do this:
On the first post of the thread (the original), click Edit and then, next to the Save button, click on Go Advanced. This opens a more comprehensive editing page where the title can be altered.

Afterwards come back here and add a new post with:
"Thank you, Okihara, for your constructive contribution which will come in handy. Next time I'll just ask nicely and won't be grumpy."

By the way, I'm sure it's never been your intention to lure people into here with a misleading title but let's agree that many a bloke on PPruNe has done it before, and, for what it's worth, my question was actually not meant all that rhetorically. Where's the line between crash and forced landing? My understanding is that crash implies some loss of control leading to undesired aircraft state resulting in a collision with terrain or water with material damage, injury or loss of life. However a recent case of EFATO in PJE ops near Tooradin has been referred to as both crash and forced landing with some damage due to trees and a fence if I recall. That's why I'm asking: is there an accepted definition of crash that we should be using?

That will change the heading to a Post but I think a thread title can only be changed by a Moderator?

Tail Wheel

emeritus
16th Apr 2019, 10:44
Perhaps one definition of a crash could be an unsuccessful forced landing. We were all taught and practised forced landings whereas crashing was not on the syllabus .:=

Capn Bloggs
16th Apr 2019, 11:45
The more important issue here is WTF was ExGriffo listening to 2GB for! :confused: :eek:

Oodnadatta
17th Apr 2019, 06:54
The more important issue here is WTF was ExGriffo listening to 2GB for! :confused: :eek:
Have you tried listening to 6PR? Nuf Sed..!!

Capn Bloggs
17th Apr 2019, 07:39
Bazzillle?? Shoot me please! :{

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Apr 2019, 03:59
Thankyou Mr O - for your kind advice. I'll try it out.
Not Grumpy ALL the time....BUT...…
Cheers

Ex FSO GRIFFO
18th Apr 2019, 04:02
Aye Aye Cap'n……

Oi've finally learned how to turn on an I-Pad - am catching up wif de 21st century.....LOOK OUT!!!
:eek:

Arnold E
19th Apr 2019, 02:56
Cricky, you have an I-pad, how modern and up to date is that, I still use a computa

Dora-9
19th Apr 2019, 06:11
Oi've finally learned how to turn on an I-Pad

A frightening concept, Griffo!