PDA

View Full Version : European Startups 2019

nowhereasfiled
15th Apr 2019, 17:20
Unsure whether this would belong in Rumours & News or here.

But thought it might be interesting to have a thread about all of the startups (or supposed startups) this year.

What happened to Odyssey Airlines and their all-Business class LCY ops, or Firnas with that ugly jet stream.

Atmosphere Airlines seem to be getting more and more deluded by the day.
In positive news(ish), Great Dane Airlines, made up primarily of former Primera Air bosses and staff seems like it’s kicking into gear next month.

_aax1
15th Apr 2019, 20:07
Atmosphere Airlines is a made up startup by a fantasist.

FlyBosnia from SJJ is due to start this year, they have an aircraft and they have slots at LTN.

daz211
15th Apr 2019, 20:18
Apparently FlyPOP have now secured offices at Stansted Airport but I haven’t heard of them having any aircraft yet.

Plane.Silly
16th Apr 2019, 06:47
Apparently FlyPOP have now secured offices at Stansted Airport but I haven’t heard of them having any aircraft yet.

For a second there, i thought it was the same airline from the 'airline task' in The Apprentice UK
(it was JetPoP btw)

Plane.Silly
16th Apr 2019, 06:49
Atmosphere Airlines is a made up startup by a fantasist.
If you need a bit of cheering up, i'd highly recommend visiting the website, sure to have a laugh or two (especially the 'About us' section
https://atmosphereairlinesuk.com/

TartinTon
16th Apr 2019, 08:11
I do wonder if Atmosphere and Odyssey were the idea of the same delusional character. Atmosphere have been saying they are launching from STN each season for the last 3 years. Love the fact that the board is his dad as CEO who apparently flies to MIA on VS for holidays and this qualifies him for the role. He's a check-in agent and his mate who's CEO UK is cabin crew. His mum is MD UK and his Thai bride is MD Thailand. Oh yes, his mum's mate is CFO as she's looked after her husband's books in, and I quote, "The thriving city of Chelmsford Essex"

NickBarnes
16th Apr 2019, 08:12
If you need a bit of cheering up, i'd highly recommend visiting the website, sure to have a laugh or two (especially the 'About us' section
https://atmosphereairlinesuk.com/

If you look where they are registered on Companies House then Google map it, it also causes a great laugh, possibly a 14 year old operating out of his bedroom :rolleyes:

davidjohnson6
16th Apr 2019, 11:32
Public ridicule of someone who harms nobody but knows not what they do to themselves is maybe a little unfair. Virtually everyone has written stupid things on Facebook... if nobody gets hurt, be a bit forgiving

Plane.Silly
16th Apr 2019, 13:05
Public ridicule of someone who harms nobody but knows not what they do to themselves is maybe a little unfair. Virtually everyone has written stupid things on Facebook... if nobody gets hurt, be a bit forgiving
...except it's not just on facebook, having a companies' house registered company and a website seems a little more than just the odd FB comment.

“Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.”
– Aristotle

USERNAME_
16th Apr 2019, 13:18
I do wonder if Atmosphere and Odyssey were the idea of the same delusional character.

Odyssey seemed to be a somewhat legitimate setup, had a full board of directors, actually ordered aircraft, and even published financials every month. But they seem to have vanished into thin air.

TartinTon
16th Apr 2019, 14:27

He's getting people interested in applying for jobs with his fantasy company so that's far from harmless.

supermarine
16th Apr 2019, 14:35
Daddy, Mummy and Baby Unsworth . Quite a giggle, but ultimately rather a dangerous fantasy the longer this nonsense drags on.

Asturias56
16th Apr 2019, 15:10
A complete waste of everyone's time and opens the doors to all sorts of unpleasant future actions.........

NickBarnes
16th Apr 2019, 15:22
He is asking for investment, now that is dangerous and certainly not harmless, you feel a scam comes to mind

adfly
16th Apr 2019, 17:31
He is asking for investment, now that is dangerous and certainly not harmless, you feel a scam comes to mind
I almost feel it is fitting that the social media pages have been plastered with endorsements of Farage and his latest political adventure...

JSCL
16th Apr 2019, 17:32
If you're seeking investment, you have to be careful about how many people you get to invest and how you audit.

I've investigated an investment to start up in this sector before and I'm certain most of these you see and listed here haven't given consideration to their duties in getting investment and how many people they seek money from.