PDA

View Full Version : L1011 & B747 FAREWELL PRINTS

Checkmate
11th Apr 2019, 22:07
I have one each of the above limited edition prints.

If anyone would like them FOC I would be happy to tube & post them.

PM me for more info

Kotuku
12th Apr 2019, 04:14

PM me for more info

Hi,
I would be interested in taking them, if they are still available and also if the 747 was a 747-400, not a Classic, as I never flew those. I will help with costs for sure.
Cheers,
Peter Hay

stilton
12th Apr 2019, 05:22

PM me for more info

Checkmate,

Sent you a pm

Checkmate
14th Apr 2019, 06:52
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x1504/img_20190413_150609_64a97082d23ae552a9229a3b379c5106ce4a9c64 .jpg
Farewell L10 & 747 Ltd edition prints

Checkmate
14th Apr 2019, 07:00
I would be happy to put them in a tube and send them anywhere in the world. I am hoping the recipient will make a donation to a disabled childrens charity I support here in UK.

CSP0103
14th Apr 2019, 14:50
I would be happy to put them in a tube and send them anywhere in the world. I am hoping the recipient will make a donation to a disabled childrens charity I support here in UK.

Greetings from Nova Scotia Canada! I have a perfect home for those pictures. Thank you.

Kaptain Krazie
16th Apr 2019, 23:04
Good morning, I did 29 years' with CX on both L1011 and B747s and would dearly love to have these prints for whatever you deem I should donate to the donation site of your choice - I am retired and living in NZ!!

A350HK
17th Apr 2019, 06:44
I would love to have the L1011 print. :O

unitedabx
17th Apr 2019, 07:14
Obviously in high demand. Why not either raffle them with tickets HKD100 each or hold an auction. Thru your generosity all proceeds to charity.

Meikleour
17th Apr 2019, 08:04
CSP0103 I have sent you a pm.

Checkmate
17th Apr 2019, 18:49
PPrune can be such a negative place, but I have been rather overwhelmed with the response. I am just trying to make a little money to help these poor kids and their families here in my local area. If you want to check it out here is the web site. www.thedcf.org.

I am still (at the ripe old age of 61Y) quite busy flying a 787 about the place, so please forgive me if I am a little slow in replying.

Might I suggest you all PM me with an offer for both prints (they come as a pair) in GBP. The best offer received as of 2359 GMT on 24 April will get them.

I will give the winner details & trust him/her to pay directly to the charity via there "just giving" website.

I will tube and post the prints at my own expense to wherever you are in the world on 25 April.

I will let you know here who got them.

Thank you all so much for brightening up my day.

P.S. if anyone in UK has or knows of anyone with a small transit van or smaller they might like to sell or donate to the DCF I would love to hear from you.

LongTimeInCX
18th Apr 2019, 00:13
It is very refreshing to read something nice on here, where someone is doing something that can help others, for personal benefit.
Hats off!

Whilst I'm not in the running for said prints, as I still have my own poorly self-framed versions, I think what you are doing is really great.

I had a look through the DCF website, and it seems they help an awful lot of kids. So I'm pretty sure a decent donation would generate a receipt being issued. So that your good, kind and benevolent nature, and the DCF, are not taken advantage of, might you consider asking the winner to prove the donation has actually been made?

It would be a shame for such such generous efforts to be thwarted by perhaps a less than honest individual who says he has donated, but actually does otherwise. We are of the same vintage, so you'll excuse my cynicism of the type of odd individual who gives the rest of us a bad name.

Anyway checkers, great job, well done.
Its not often I read a feel good thread on here.
787? brave man......!!

Checkmate
26th Apr 2019, 09:55
Dear All

A gentleman known as "viking146" was kind enough to offer £100 for my prints. I will be delivering them to him, in the next week or so.

I am sure he is a man of honour, and has already asked how he might pay. Once he has the prints, & The Dorset Childrens Foundation have £100 I will report back.

Again thank you, to all who offered there support and money.

I have been genuinely overwhelmed by your kindness

Best Wishes

Checkmate

MENELAUS
26th Apr 2019, 14:17
Great to hear good news for once.

Dan Winterland
27th Apr 2019, 14:07
Tick 'like'.

Checkmate
9th May 2019, 09:18
Ladies & Gentlemen.

The Dorset Children's Foundation have confirmed receipt of £100 from Viking146. 100% of the money goes directly to making a disabled child's life a little bit better.

Thanks again to Viking & to all the kind and gracious souls who contacted me.

Checkmate