PDA

View Full Version : APPN Loss of Licence UK

Mandraulic
11th Apr 2019, 10:27
Hello everyone,

​​​​​I've been looking at Loss of Licence insurance and it looks like APPN are a good fit. I'm based in the UK and was wondering if anyone here has a policy with them and can advise me on whether there are any problems paying from a UK bank account, being as the policy is in Euros. I'd very much appreciate any advice on this subject.

Many thanks,

Mandraulic

Thegreenmachine
11th Apr 2019, 15:53
Been with them a year. Had no issues whatsoever with payments, previously taken directly from bank account but now goes direct from credit card with a small charge. Haven’t had to call on them fortunately so can’t comment on that part. Uk based.

Mandraulic
11th Apr 2019, 16:15
Thanks greenmachine. I think that's decision made!

sprite1
12th Apr 2019, 08:17
Is it the case they may give you a rebate if the fund makes money at the end of the year?

Also, (I’m assuming you’re a Union member, asking this) how did you prove to them you’re in a union so as to pay the slightly cheaper rate of €7 extra per month?

I’ve only heard good things about the ease at which they pay out.

Thegreenmachine
12th Apr 2019, 17:17
Is it the case they may give you a rebate if the fund makes money at the end of the year?

Also, (I’m assuming you’re a Union member, asking this) how did you prove to them you’re in a union so as to pay the slightly cheaper rate of €7 extra per month?

I’ve only heard good things about the ease at which they pay out.

Correct. You will get a rebate if the scheme makes excess money.

I had to send a letter proving membership of my national union to qualify for the reduced rate. There are three rates. One for French union, one for approved national union, and one for no union. Each one is slightly more expensive than the next.

Shanwick Shanwick
13th Apr 2019, 06:37
One more vote for APPN. UK based and a customer for the past 3 years. No issues and a rebate every year so far.

DuctOvht
9th May 2019, 08:27
I must be missing something obvious, but it’s not immediately obvious on the website how to sign up.

Have filled in the contact form, is that all that’s required as a first step?

Cheers.

CaptainProp
9th May 2019, 09:00
Email Ms Angela Recchia [email protected] she can help you with any questions.

CP

CaptainProp
9th May 2019, 09:03
..... I've been with them for probably close to 11-12 years now and almost always got a couple, or more, months worth of fees back at the end of the year. Know two guys who had to use the insurance and they had no issues whatsoever.

CP

drfaust
10th May 2019, 04:51
Been with them since 2008 and highly recommend them.

CaptainProp
19th Oct 2019, 16:52
Got email the other day and getting almost 2 months worth of payments back over next couple of weeks.

CP

Papa_Golf
19th Oct 2019, 21:02
Been with them for the past 6 years. Highly recommended.

AviatorKLGB
31st Oct 2019, 19:34
@Thegreenmachine (https://www.pprune.org/members/464110-thegreenmachine)

How do you pay by credit card?

I am trying to open a policy with APPN but I am allergic to giving banks foreign exchange fees and foreign transaction fees for doing nothing. I could however also pay with a credit card with no fees and good exchange rate but I can't see how to do that with their DD mandate.

Cheers.

student88
31st Oct 2019, 23:32
I pay for my premium using Revolut.

AviatorKLGB
1st Nov 2019, 08:49
Good thinking!

Thegreenmachine
3rd Nov 2019, 06:48
@Thegreenmachine (https://www.pprune.org/members/464110-thegreenmachine)

How do you pay by credit card?

I am trying to open a policy with APPN but I am allergic to giving banks foreign exchange fees and foreign transaction fees for doing nothing. I could however also pay with a credit card with no fees and good exchange rate but I can't see how to do that with their DD mandate.

Cheers.

Quarterly standing order on my credit card with no fees. Easy once it's set up but not all cards/banks will allow it, certainly not without charges.

Hadn't though of revolut so I might switch to that if any charges start to get added.

Flying Wild
5th Nov 2019, 10:05
Quarterly standing order on my credit card with no fees. Easy once it's set up but not all cards/banks will allow it, certainly not without charges.

Hadn't though of revolut so I might switch to that if any charges start to get added.

Could I ask which bank this is with? I've looked into APPN previously, but the hassle with method of payment was the one thing which discouraged me from taking it up.

mesh
5th Nov 2019, 13:07
Used them for 3 years before having to claim for suspension. They tried to not pay until I threatened legal action and then they paid. I wouldn’t recommend them but many will.