PDA

View Full Version : JAA vs UK CAA Air Law Exam

Lift Fan
2nd Aug 2001, 00:17
Howdy,

I took the CAA PPL Air Law exam 4 years ago and now need to take the JAA version.

Has anyone out there got knowledge of both these exams and can give me advice on the differences?

For example, are there questions about the JAA organisation?

Are there any signifcant air law rule changes under JAA?

Does a JAA PPL Confuser exist?

I've got the Air Law book by Jeremy Pratt on order.

Many thanks in advance.

Captain-Ireland
2nd Aug 2001, 18:00
The JAA verson does exist its called "The JAA Verson of The PPL Confuser" funnely enough heh. It doesnt contain ANY questions about the JAA. Lots about ICAO stuff though.

Midland Maniac
4th Aug 2001, 23:03
I think that you will find that the two exams are very similar. If you can get yourself a good question bank (Oxford, Cabair, SFT) then i would say that it is the one exam that you can pass by learning just the questions. It certainly worked for me.

There is some JAR bollocks questions in there, but they are not difficult to get you head around.

If you want a copy of some of the questions, then drop me an email and I am sure that I can dig them out for you.

:D

Midland Maniac
4th Aug 2001, 23:06
ignore my last message, being the prat that I am i thought that you were doing the ATPL law paper. Never mind, the PPL exams are not that difficult either,.,,,

prob30
4th Aug 2001, 23:28
You can pass all the ppl exams by learning the answers from the confuser. Beware! it doesn't make you a good pilot though...