PDA

View Full Version : Parc Aviation recruiting for KA..

jetjockey696
9th Apr 2019, 17:08
Times must be getting hard...

"Parc Aviation are currently recruiting A320 and A330 First Officers on behalf of Cathay Dragon! This is a permanent contract and therefore you will be required to relocate to Hong Kong. • One of the highest paid salaries for an FO role • 42 days annual leave • Large sign on bonus • Monthly accommodation allowance • Children’s educational allowance • Route to command • Insurance and medical benefits Minimum Requirements: • 1,500+ hours total time • 500+ hrs on A320/330 • Full ATPL If you are interested, please send me your CV to "

kahaha
10th Apr 2019, 08:32
Parc will be charging KA a significant amount more per pilot than the COS18 salary ka are offering direct hires.
Possibly more than B scale. How ironic. Idiots .

Oddball77
10th Apr 2019, 09:50
Where is the link to this advert?

boocs
10th Apr 2019, 13:49
https://caeparcaviation.com/aviation-jobs/pilot/cathay-dragon-a320-a330-fos-22857

b.

AllWobbly
12th Apr 2019, 08:04
It’s an interesting reflection on the situation at KA. As far as I am aware they have never had a problem recruiting in the past. Flew with an FO the other day who is awaiting a command slot. He was told that the company is about 40 FO below budget. Because we are short the command slots have all but dried up. There are a large number of aircraft arriving very soon......

cxorcist
12th Apr 2019, 13:52
It’s an interesting reflection on the situation at KA. As far as I am aware they have never had a problem recruiting in the past. Flew with an FO the other day who is awaiting a command slot. He was told that the company is about 40 FO below budget. Because we are short the command slots have all but dried up. There are a large number of aircraft arriving very soon......

Don’t worry, those aircraft will just join the masses of CX aircraft parked in the midfield aprons. At present, those almost all CX long-haul aircraft, but it sounds like KA will be following suit. Same management, same result. HKE... maybe their managers will come over and fix the CX/KA ills. Welcome to the team HKE!!! Let the misery begin...

delaynotime
13th Apr 2019, 00:52
I'm going to list some unbiased facts for anyone considering this contract.

​​​​They are telling candidates in the interview it's 3 years to promotion. More like 5. The queue is getting longer every month there is no command courses and cadets are reaching their 5000 hours requirements.

​Massive signing bonus = 60k. This is to compensate on your loss of hours the first 3 months due to ground school and training.

42 days annual leave. No leave available this year for 2 guys that just joined. Transfer to next year, 84 days leave. Now they will be unable to reach their productivity target for next year if they take it all = pay loss.

690 hour target for A320. I've been on this fleet for many years and never come close to that!

Best case scenario you take home HK100,000 per month. In reality expect 70-80k.

SOPS
13th Apr 2019, 01:58
I thought COS18 was meant to attract high quality pilots... or something like that?

unitedabx
13th Apr 2019, 08:07
Apparently since COS18 KA have managed to recruit 4 new pilots.

bacou
13th Apr 2019, 10:32
And lost at least 3 Captain and 4 FOs

TheGreenDragon
13th Apr 2019, 12:46
Apparently since COS18 KA have managed to recruit 4 new pilots.

Hence 4 x A320 command slots just announced.

I hear 2 bolchevicks and 2 former Malibu piston skippers recruited as FOs

delaynotime
17th Apr 2019, 07:01
Hence 4 x A320 command slots just announced.

I hear 2 bolchevicks and 2 former Malibu piston skippers recruited as FOs

One A320 command course. This is for an A330 LTC upgrade to STC...

Lowkoon
19th Apr 2019, 13:52
But at the fleet forum, "we think we have the crewing numbers just about right."

unitedabx
20th Apr 2019, 01:10
This coming Tuesday an emergency recruitment team being sent to India to try to entice Jet Airways pilots to join. Coincides with the BA Roadshow here in HKG.

kahaha
20th Apr 2019, 03:16
This coming Tuesday an emergency recruitment team being sent to India to try to entice Jet Airways pilots to join. Coincides with the BA Roadshow here in HKG.

No chance they will recruit Jet Airways staff. Wrong mindset. Unless they start up an indian base lol.

No, the real deal is the 30 plus HKA 330 pilots being interviewed. Ah, you didn't know about this, did you?

Then the guys from WOW. Then the Norwegian rejected guys....

No real world shortage of pilots, just KA isn't their 1st choice anymore.

unitedabx
20th Apr 2019, 07:25
No chance they will recruit Jet Airways staff. Wrong mindset. Unless they start up an indian base lol.

No, the real deal is the 30 plus HKA 330 pilots being interviewed. Ah, you didn't know about this, did you?

Then the guys from WOW. Then the Norwegian rejected guys....

No real world shortage of pilots, just KA isn't their 1st choice anymore.

Very interesting. I thought the HKA pilots were off to Emirates en mass.

SW1
20th Apr 2019, 10:03
Thought wrong again united. This seems to be a trait of yours-even with your previous airline. Your credibility is awful. Stick to your unreliable cathay feeds.

unitedabx
20th Apr 2019, 12:41
Thought wrong again united. This seems to be a trait of yours-even with your previous airline. Your credibility is awful. Stick to your unreliable cathay feeds.

Free speech SW1 Free Speech

SW1
20th Apr 2019, 13:53
Free speech SW1 Free Speech

of course, but try and get it right. You come out with nonsense most of the time

arc698
6th May 2019, 20:34
Does this mean that they're not taking NTR FO's anymore?

giggerty
6th May 2019, 22:03
Does this mean that they're not taking NTR FO's anymore?

I think as long as you have a pulse and most of your limbs you’ll be snapped up.

ghuerren
7th May 2019, 12:07
I'm going to list some unbiased facts for anyone considering this contract.

​​​​They are telling candidates in the interview it's 3 years to promotion. More like 5. The queue is getting longer every month there is no command courses and cadets are reaching their 5000 hours requirements.

​Massive signing bonus = 60k. This is to compensate on your loss of hours the first 3 months due to ground school and training.

42 days annual leave. No leave available this year for 2 guys that just joined. Transfer to next year, 84 days leave. Now they will be unable to reach their productivity target for next year if they take it all = pay loss.

690 hour target for A320. I've been on this fleet for many years and never come close to that!

Best case scenario you take home HK100,000 per month. In reality expect 70-80k.

Hi there. Where did you take this 70-80k from?
According to cos2018 would more likely around 59k a month....
Cheers

Jetstream alpha
7th May 2019, 14:13
Hi there. Where did you take this 70-80k from?
According to cos2018 would more likely around 59k a month....
Cheers

59k + 18k (monthly allowance) = 77k

What is the annual block hours target used for? According to the COS, basic salary is only conditional on the monthly minimum of 40.25 block hours (A320).

ghuerren
7th May 2019, 14:24
59k + 18k (monthly allowance) = 77k

What is the annual block hours target used for? According to the COS, basic salary is only conditional on the monthly minimum of 40.25 block hours (A320).
Well.
This is my spredsheet...
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->AnualTarget / Month70% MonthTarget Anual$825.000,00$68.750,00$48.125,00Allowance$18.000,00$18.0 00,001 Kid$60.000,00$5.000,00$5.000,00Total$885.000,00$91.750,00$71 .125,00-Tax 17%$734.550,00$76.152,50$59.033,75

cxorcist
7th May 2019, 14:47
Which is still, of course, 3 times the median pay in Hong Kong.

It also many times more than widfire bush meat hunters in Angola. What’s your point? Professional pilots should be brought down to HK cubicle wages? What about those hand trimming the grass at HKIA? They make less too. It’s not fair! Equal wages for all!

AllWobbly
7th May 2019, 15:30
That’s as may be but comparisons are interesting but not really relevant to the situation.

Essentially the market will determine the package and at the moment they are not getting people to join.

“The average salary range for an Emergency Room Registered Nurse is between HKD 389,405 and HKD 678,948.”

That is probably why there is a shortage in their field too.

OK4Wire
7th May 2019, 21:30
It's not just measuring value to society, in fact in private business it's (rightly) nothing to do with society.

Pilots, and others who are required to be away from home, have historically been compensated for that hardship. My nephew works "in the mines" and has a 12 on 12 off roster. Way more time off than a teacher, but I don't see that as "unfair".

Stop wanting to meddle, and let the market sort it out.

Gnadenburg
7th May 2019, 22:15
Another boring contrarian. Back on topic please.

This contract potentially sells with a promise of a fast command. We already have pilots here who have given up their commands on a promise of a fast command that have not eventuated. Where do the new guys think they fit in? Please bank on 7 to 10 years as an F/O. There are hundreds of capable pilots waiting for command ahead of you. Please also consider the high command failure rate. Though the TRG Dept has new and refreshing leadership that will improve pass rates.

KA's future is unclear. As a pilot even more so, with CX's lack of vision for KA and even if they did have vision, HK Express will potentially expand over KA's routes if history is anything to go by. To give up a command and to come to KA on a D Scale contract in light of the above, is an own goal in my view. As an F/O hoping for command, be realistic. It is a long way off and there are many risks you are not in control of.

To be told you will be getting a command in three years, if true, is a salesman's pitch from my colleagues in recruiting!

AllWobbly
8th May 2019, 08:59
Furthermore the reason the commands have pretty much dried up is that the company is so short of FO that they cant promote. Ergo anyone who joins is bound for a long term rhs slot.

kahaha
8th May 2019, 13:13
CX told KA what COS 18 is, and that's all that is available for future pilots. CX recruit mainly SO, low qualified wannabes. Most CX guys have joined via this route over the last 15 years.

KA, however, have always relied on a steady stream of qualified, 3000+ jet hour guys, some already rated.

The low down is that, as as stated above, very few jet guys with decent experience are taking the lure of COS 18 and the B.Sh1t promise of a fast command.

There is 1 Command upgrade announced this year, in June. One. How many are already pre qualified, waiting their turn, around 40? 50? .

COS 18 will work for CX, as you don't need much skill to make a bunk and suck up to your captain on a 13 hour sector.

The same COS will not work at KA, for the experience they desire, the system was geared up for pilots with experience.

I bet its back to Standard contract by the end of the year.

And then there's the issue of that loverly 1% pay deal, for 3 years. It's so worth relocating your life to Hong Kong to aspire to that. Right.

ghuerren
8th May 2019, 13:18
CX told KA what COS 18 is, and that's all that is available for future pilots. CX recruit mainly SO, low qualified wannabes. Most CX guys have joined via this route over the last 15 years.

KA, however, have always relied on a steady stream of qualified, 3000+ jet hour guys, some already rated.

The low down is that, as as stated above, very few jet guys with decent experience are taking the lure of COS 18 and the B.Sh1t promise of a fast command.

There is 1 Command upgrade announced this year, in June. One. How many are already pre qualified, waiting their turn, around 40? 50? .

COS 18 will work for CX, as you don't need much skill to make a bunk and suck up to your captain on a 13 hour sector.

The same COS will not work at KA, for the experience they desire, the system was geared up for pilots with experience.

I bet its back to Standard contract by the end of the year.

And then there's the issue of that loverly 1% pay deal, for 3 years. It's so worth relocating your life to Hong Kong to aspire to that. Right.
I get your point. Tthanks for sharing....

RikkeBach
8th May 2019, 13:45
Thanks for clarifying - its a dog eat dog world...

MPPCAG
8th May 2019, 15:06
That 1% deal will not be happening by the way....