PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Culture in EZY

P06T
7th Apr 2019, 19:51
Can anyone flying for the orange airline shed some light about the kind of reporting culture they work in?
Heard rumours of it being used abundantly. Particularly due to low FDM tolerances which brings the fear of being called in for tea and biscuits? During a presentation given by EZY management I was in fact told how much pilots are encouraged to report about even the slightest of things...

What’s the reality of the situation though? Interested in feedback from either seat or base.

Thanks.

Jason2000
7th Apr 2019, 20:51
3.5 years flying in the company and have never once got that impression. Highly professional, nothing less. Never felt pressured by FDM at any point and doubt the limits are any different to any other major carrier.

Wing_Bound_Vortex
7th Apr 2019, 21:20
Yes, we’re encouraged to report about anything we may have been concerned with, but that’s more a data gathering exercise it seems than anything else. In 13 years i’ve never been worried about how FDM seem to handle things, and the couple of times I’ve/we’ve cocked stuff up i’ve been treated in a very fair and resonable fashion.

I think if you mess up and report it then you are much more likely to be treated in a reasonable way ( as long as you weren’t being negligent ) than if you try and hide it or ignore it.

WBV

737 Jockey
7th Apr 2019, 21:29
Sounds like a ‘just culture’ to me.

FlyboyUK
8th Apr 2019, 08:42
It’s very much a just culture and much more so than other airlines that I’ve worked at.

Meikleour
8th Apr 2019, 09:36
I worked for EZJ for 7 years and while their safety reporting culture was good they were very reluctant to disseminate lessons learnt from incidents to their own pilot community. Incidents would be heard of anecdotally among the crews but seldom were reports published by management. A more clear picture was often reported in the relevant AAIB reports.

RudderTrimZero
8th Apr 2019, 09:51
I have worked at a company where monthly reports were anonymized then shared amongst the pilot community. Can't beat that strategy when it comes to openness

Wing_Bound_Vortex
8th Apr 2019, 09:59
That's the one bit that has gone downhill a little, we used to have much more info coming out about incidents on the line in company documentation.

Since they got big and corporate and started worrying about what they put out there we hear less about some of the more interesting ones. We still have the Flight Safety Bulletin that comes out with some incidents listed and discussed though.

And of course you usually get to hear about things on the grapevine, same as anywhere else.

WBV

P06T
8th Apr 2019, 10:40
Great stuff guys.

In my current gig we have monthly accident/incident reports that have happened on the line. All anonymous obviously. The most benine I've seen were about incorrect instructions (wrong altitude/hdg etc).

Our FDM is fairly lenient were you wouldn't have to worry about it reporting if you were doing, say 32kt, while taxiing for example.

dirk85
8th Apr 2019, 10:51
To be fair we also have a well written flight safety bulletin in easyJet, which I find incredibly useful, with events happened in the company, and in the industry.