PDA

View Full Version : LBA To ACE (Over portugal/coast of Morocco)

an2003dy
6th Apr 2019, 16:18
My mate 'Dave' is taking his xhdata d-808 on holiday with him and is looking for the transiting frequencies for the flight. 'Dave' has his departure airport of Leeds and arrival airport of Lanzarote already. 'Dave' would like help finding the transiting frequencies used on the journey. 'Dave' thanks you all in advance!!

Airbanda
6th Apr 2019, 16:44
Might find using a radio inside a Faraday cage disappointing.

an2003dy
6th Apr 2019, 16:51
No doubt he still will be able to hear the pilot

Flying Wild
6th Apr 2019, 20:19
There are also a myriad of frequencies that could be used dependent on sector loading, routing, etc. ‘Dave’ would have to listen out for the readback if he really wanted to hear the comms. I would also question the legality of listening in on a UK registered aircraft...

Hotel Tango
6th Apr 2019, 21:23
You can question the legality all you want but since half the pax are wearing headsets these days, who's going to know what you're listening to. So it's futile to even mention it!

dc9-32
7th Apr 2019, 05:39
Isn't "Dave" going on holiday ? Maybe ditch the spotting lark and be on holiday.....

Groundloop
7th Apr 2019, 17:37
You can question the legality all you want but since half the pax are wearing headsets these days, who's going to know what you're listening to. So it's futile to even mention it!

Just because you don't think you will be caught does not make it legal!

Hotel Tango
7th Apr 2019, 18:02
Just because you don't think you will be caught does not make it legal!

And where exactly did I allude that it made it legal???

an2003dy
7th Apr 2019, 18:47
Isn't "Dave" going on holiday ? Maybe ditch the spotting lark and be on holiday.....
'Dave' is a geek so isn't bothered!