PDA

View Full Version : ATPL notes on audio CD?? IT people??

Blindside
1st Aug 2001, 21:55
Has anybody recorded their ATPL notes onto a cd??

I drive for approximately 5 hrs a day so I'm looking to record my Bristol notes onto a cd to listen to in the car. My car doesn't have a tape player.Has anybody else done this?? Any spare copies??

I'm having a little trouble sorting out how to record them. I have a microphone, a Dell Inspiron 5000e laptop with an integrated cd burner and I'm operating Windows ME.

Do any of you IT wizards have any idea of how to do it?? Do I require additional software? hardware??

It will certainly beat listening to Sara "no talent" Cox.

Best regards

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: Blindside ]

WGW
1st Aug 2001, 23:45
You can record with Windows Sound Recorder - primitive, but does the job. Or try to track down 'Goldwave' on the net - shareware version's good enough.

Connect lead to 'Mic' or 'Line In' connection on your sound card, click record and you're away - play with volume etc to get it right. Save sound files as .wav.

Burn onto CD with CDR-WIN shareware from www.goldenhawk.com (http://www.goldenhawk.com) - just 'Record Disc', 'Load Tracks', drag and drop .wav files, make sure your CD writer is the selected recording device and click 'Start Recording'. Easy.

E-mail me if you need help - did it once with a Teach Yourself Thai tape. Took a while mind.

Might get a copy of your ATPL CD in return...

:)

WGW

Blindside
2nd Aug 2001, 00:33
kop koon!

all sorted!!

laew phob gan mai!

cheers

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: Blindside ]

avrodamo
2nd Aug 2001, 01:44
I tried to do it by recording it on the computer. The long and short of it is...it takes bloody ages, and you end up making mistakes and getting very little done. You would be better off reading your revision notes in the time it takes. I agree though. Im with Bristol to, and audio tapes or CD's would be ideal. When i'm on nights many hours go by when i could have ATPL being drilled into my head. Surely someone out there knows of a company who has ATPL in audio format.... I know it would really help me.