PDA

View Full Version : Logging SIM time?

Marchisio
2nd Apr 2019, 09:38
Hello boys and girls.

I struggle to find a clear answer to this, so will try to hear what is your point of view when it comes to logging Simulator time?
Do you guys log your simulator time and count it in your total time/hours on type?

I met two previous colleagues in the sim some days ago and talked about it, they both said they had logged all their Full Flight Simulator time and counted it in their total time/hours on type?! :hmm:

I was a bit surprised by this, I have never personally logged any SIM time with the exemption of my first type rating course. But never counted this in total time/hours on type...

What do you guys think is correct? Is there a 100% clear answer to this question anywhere?

Happy landings :ok:
Marchisio

Banana Joe
2nd Apr 2019, 11:42
I don't count it in my total time. For me total time is in a real aircraft and not in a box that can be reset at any time.
I keep account of sim time in the respective column of the logbook so that it can give me credit for when it will be the time to apply for the ATPL skills test and take it with less than 1500 hours total time.

Sirijus
2nd Apr 2019, 13:22
I second to Banana Joe. Log the simulator time (and take signatures, especially for tests and checks), but don’t count it towards the total.

Ilyushin76
2nd Apr 2019, 17:51
I asked the same question a few months back and got a very good insider on pprune about it. Basically, some authorities accept your sim time partially (where I come from 25 hours are counted) towards a higher license (such as ATPL). Others don't accept it. If you want to declare the hours, quote them separately on your resume. That would be the best approach.