PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Ramp Checks

GULF69
1st Apr 2019, 14:08
Hi all,

We are planning a trip to China with a part 91 corporate jet, and was wondering if anyone has a Chinese ramp check form or a list of items that are always checked at hand to share with me?
We want to make sure we are prepared when we get there pertaining to what the usual checks are

Thanks

Brian304
1st Apr 2019, 18:42
Just the basics, equipment, docs e.t.c

Just be prepared for the long taxi into CJ terminal and if there’s no space for parking in front of the terminal be prepared to go early before departure as they require pilots be there for the tug into the pax boarding area.

As it’s controlled, call the ground frequency to request startup clearance. But they will make you sign a form before you enter the apron to acknowledge this, as there was a history of a set of pilots doing there own thing which ended up to them being banned from flying in china.

If of any questions just give me a buzz, i’m based out of BJ.

safelife
1st Apr 2019, 19:27
Apart from the usual items, CAAC expects pilots to carry a watch, calculator (smartphone ok) and personal flashlight...

jrmyl
2nd Apr 2019, 00:28
I had one a few months back and he had a 2 page form front and back. He checked the boxes as he went down. All of the documents, nav database, flight manuals, system checks on the airplane, our health, and several other things. I wish I had a copy of it. It was extremely thorough. This was in Wuhan and I am with an airline.

Dan Winterland
2nd Apr 2019, 03:31
Ramp checks I've had from the CAAC are little different to any other agencies. The guys are courteous, polite and thorough and seem to use the ICAO standard (if there is one). The only thing different which my operator has done recently as the result of a ramp check feedback is include a paper copy of the AOC since we removed the paper manuals which had a facsimile of it. They will scrutinise your licences very carefully.

GULF69
2nd Apr 2019, 21:19
Thanks all. Much appreciated