PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Direct Entry Second Officer

a334
24th Mar 2019, 04:59
Good day all

I recently received an email regarding my application for a direct entry second officer position and I'm in the process of submitting my documents. I am from Canada and yes, I have read a bunch here regarding the SO position and how utterly bad it is... now the thing is, I have been trying to start my career in aviation for a few years and between working the ramp in -50 and flying up in the boonies as we call it here (northern Canada), the SO position seems A LOT more enticing to a young, single 25 year old like myself... yes I know, long upgrade times to JFO, long boring cruise hours, no take offs or landings, expensive city to live in, etc, etc. If I look at my present situation, worst case scenario I upgrade to JFO by the time i'm 31/32. By that age i'd be lucky to be on a narrow body at one of the majors here if I got a job flying in the next couple months. I just wanted to see what the opinions are nowadays. I am still going to go through with the application and the interview, should I be called in for one.

Scotto350
25th Mar 2019, 07:01
Hello mate

I’m in the same situation. I literally today sent off the last of the requested documentation. Went off the idea of pursuing a career with them a couple years back due to negative comment on here but then realised that in 5 years all going well I’ll be flying wide body aircraft of global routes.

Im a little older than you and have seen the cycle of pay to fly, don’t pay to fly, sit around and wait for opportunity to kick your door down, whinge that SOMEONE ELSE should be paying to keep your licences current etc.

At at the end of the day there will be opportunities that pop up that you either take or you don’t. Depends on what’s important. Cathay pacific is one of the best airlines in the world. Fantastic fleet and very well paying. I’ve done enough dog work and flown questionable machines and now want something spectacular. Personally, I think Cathay will be it.

a334
25th Mar 2019, 18:45
Hello mate

I’m in the same situation. I literally today sent off the last of the requested documentation. Went off the idea of pursuing a career with them a couple years back due to negative comment on here but then realised that in 5 years all going well I’ll be flying wide body aircraft of global routes.

Im a little older than you and have seen the cycle of pay to fly, don’t pay to fly, sit around and wait for opportunity to kick your door down, whinge that SOMEONE ELSE should be paying to keep your licences current etc.

At at the end of the day there will be opportunities that pop up that you either take or you don’t. Depends on what’s important. Cathay pacific is one of the best airlines in the world. Fantastic fleet and very well paying. I’ve done enough dog work and flown questionable machines and now want something spectacular. Personally, I think Cathay will be it.

I have just submitted my documents as well and now I eagerly await a reply. I couldn't agree more with what you said and I hope everything works out for the both of us. I do think that while the wait time can seem very long, it is still one of the better opportunities out there for a low time pilot to start their career, especially if one is young and doesn't have any responsibilities or is tied down to something.

Best of luck and cheers!

NotHere
27th Mar 2019, 02:10
Best of luck as I am also in the same boat......let's keep our fingers crossed.

a334
27th Mar 2019, 15:29
Heading over in May for the assessment days. If anyone has any questions or advice, feel free to DM.

Just wondering, how long did you wait from the time you submitted your documents, until you got the email inviting you to an interview?

Ilyushin76
27th Mar 2019, 20:14
Good day all

I recently received an email regarding my application for a direct entry second officer position and I'm in the process of submitting my documents. I am from Canada and yes, I have read a bunch here regarding the SO position and how utterly bad it is... now the thing is, I have been trying to start my career in aviation for a few years and between working the ramp in -50 and flying up in the boonies as we call it here (northern Canada), the SO position seems A LOT more enticing to a young, single 25 year old like myself... yes I know, long upgrade times to JFO, long boring cruise hours, no take offs or landings, expensive city to live in, etc, etc. If I look at my present situation, worst case scenario I upgrade to JFO by the time i'm 31/32. By that age i'd be lucky to be on a narrow body at one of the majors here if I got a job flying in the next couple months. I just wanted to see what the opinions are nowadays. I am still going to go through with the application and the interview, should I be called in for one. Feel free to PM me also

What is your total time so far?

a334
27th Mar 2019, 20:30
What is your total time so far?

270 so far

a334
28th Mar 2019, 04:54
From submitting my application to receiving dates was around 12 days. I have around 2500 hrs TT.

Thanks for the info

rubikscube1348
28th Mar 2019, 17:51
Good day all

I recently received an email regarding my application for a direct entry second officer position and I'm in the process of submitting my documents. I am from Canada and yes, I have read a bunch here regarding the SO position and how utterly bad it is... now the thing is, I have been trying to start my career in aviation for a few years and between working the ramp in -50 and flying up in the boonies as we call it here (northern Canada), the SO position seems A LOT more enticing to a young, single 25 year old like myself... yes I know, long upgrade times to JFO, long boring cruise hours, no take offs or landings, expensive city to live in, etc, etc. If I look at my present situation, worst case scenario I upgrade to JFO by the time i'm 31/32. By that age i'd be lucky to be on a narrow body at one of the majors here if I got a job flying in the next couple months. I just wanted to see what the opinions are nowadays. I am still going to go through with the application and the interview, should I be called in for one. Feel free to PM me also

Hi,

​​​​​I also applied recently. One of the reqs was to have your ATPL papers done. I see that you applied with your TC License. In that case did you get your papers done. Because I too am applying with a TC license and had that query. Do let me know. Thanks

a334
28th Mar 2019, 19:40
Hi,

​​​​​I also applied recently. One of the reqs was to have your ATPL papers done. I see that you applied with your TC License. In that case did you get your papers done. Because I too am applying with a TC license and had that query. Do let me know. Thanks

As i'm sure you know, in Canada you can only write your ATPL exams at 750 hours OR after 200 hours if you went to a school that does an integrated ATPL program which is approved by TC... I didn't do that so I don't have my ATPL exams done, however I do have my IATRA (Initial two crew and cruise relief pilot type rating) exam complete... no idea if that would count but from what i've been told thus far, if one is successfully hired, they must convert their license to HK and write the ATPL theory exams (not sure if that's the case with someone who already has their ATPL exams). That's as much as I know so far

canadair
28th Mar 2019, 21:36
I’m rather confused by the term “direct entry SO”
does this imply that there is a less direct way to make it to second officer? Ie starting as a third officer? Purser?
I cannot think of a more basic entry level position these days than second officer.
anyone care to clarify?

a334
28th Mar 2019, 22:02
I’m rather confused by the term “direct entry SO”
does this imply that there is a less direct way to make it to second officer? Ie starting as a third officer? Purser?
I cannot think of a more basic entry level position these days than second officer.
anyone care to clarify?

Probably called direct entry because the other way to be a SO is to go through the cadet program, which is basically start from 0 hours and then get on with Cathay as an SO after you're done school

grind king
29th Mar 2019, 06:24
I’ve been with CX many years. I am also from North America and I am very in touch with what is happening in the industry in both parts of the world. I too was once young and was trying to start my aviation career and loved the idea of flying big shiney jets around the world. Then I got married, then we had kids. Suddenly the prospect of living in HKG for the rest of my career wasn’t as enticing as when I was young. The smell of the big shiney jet, quickly disappeared but the money was still good (better than my home carrier) and bases were an option. Fast forward 15 years and the money had dwindled and bases are few and far between. The money on offer may seem huge, but when factoring cost of living in HKG it’s not that great. In the end it’s not about the money you make it’s about the money you put in your pocket. ​​​​​. If given the option of my home carrier or CX for about the same money, take the home carrier any day. I know guys at AC that are flying wide bodies at Rouge day one. Now the industry in North America is moving so quick, once you find your first job you’ll be in an airline cockpit soon after. CX has been very good to me and supplied me with a great lifestyle but much has changed during my time there. Anyway, do your research, listen to other guys, and compare your options, there are many.

Good luck

a334
10th Apr 2019, 19:25
All my documents have checked out and now I await an interview date. For those who were contacted around the same time (end of March) and have been given or are awaiting an interview date, feel free to PM me and potentially discuss meeting up prior to the interview, should we be in the same group

Cheers

Hkust
14th Apr 2019, 05:52
I am also waiting a reply from Cathay (submitted documents around end of march). just curious, are there anyone else flown under FAA license invited? I have seen many pilots other than united states were selected and invited to Cathay. I had trouble with documents since FAA license was somewhat different with what Cathay is asking. let me know if you have same trouble

rubikscube1348
15th Apr 2019, 11:02
HeyI received an email from Cathay regarding my application. This was on the 12th. It included several forms and some info on the program for SFO. Also Includes a medical form.
For the person asking about FAA license, I have both, an FAA and Transport Canada CPL.

redboxpilot
15th Apr 2019, 16:16
I sent back all the documents filled the way they asked, and told me to wait for futher communications. Nothing so far.

grind king
25th Apr 2019, 09:27
Just out of interest, what is your guys flying background? Hours, types flown.....

a334
25th Apr 2019, 14:36
Just out of interest, what is your guys flying background? Hours, types flown.....

I'm a low timer with 270 hours so I've flown the basic training aircraft and that's about it

skychief1994
25th Apr 2019, 16:53
Hi Guys

I am also from Canada. I have 270 hours and I've applied to the Second Officer job in Hong Kong. But its been many days and I haven't received a reply. I'm still waiting for some reply for any interview opportunities. How long did it take you guys to receive a reply? Thanks.

a334
25th Apr 2019, 23:44
Hi Guys

I am also from Canada. I have 270 hours and I've applied to the Second Officer job in Hong Kong. But its been many days and I haven't received a reply. I'm still waiting for some reply for any interview opportunities. How long did it take you guys to receive a reply? Thanks.

From the initial generic recruitment email to send them my documents, to actually speaking to someone in HR and then getting confirmation that documents are good and to expect an email for interview dates: 17 days

Now I, along with others whom i've been in contact with, are awaiting to hear back from HR on the interview dates

skychief1994
26th Apr 2019, 01:11
Nice. Good luck to you. I'll still try to keep emailing them and ask.

redboxpilot
26th Apr 2019, 11:12
Hi guys. Also waiting for interview dates. Let’s hope we hear from HR soon.

skychief1994
26th Apr 2019, 12:51
Good luck. I'm doing the same thing

redboxpilot
27th Apr 2019, 00:33
Good luck. I'm doing the same thing

Thanks! I PM you

seabird007
28th Apr 2019, 22:59
As i'm sure you know, in Canada you can only write your ATPL exams at 750 hours OR after 200 hours if you went to a school that does an integrated ATPL program which is approved by TC... I didn't do that so I don't have my ATPL exams done, however I do have my IATRA (Initial two crew and cruise relief pilot type rating) exam complete... no idea if that would count but from what i've been told thus far, if one is successfully hired, they must convert their license to HK and write the ATPL theory exams (not sure if that's the case with someone who already has their ATPL exams). That's as much as I know so far

Same over here. Got my TCCA cpl with MIFR plus iatra only because of the mentioned integradet and modular thing. 370 tt and currently back home in Germany (thus krauts passport) . Waiting for the golden invitation as well and wondering if cx really recognized that I set my x on NO when asking for atp subs done because I simply don't have them yet. I gotta say I'm a little back and forth as well based on all the comments I read about cx.
Anyways... I sent my docs few days ago. Anyone else whod travel from Europe like me?
Let's hope for our all best and may the force be with us.

a334
28th Apr 2019, 23:39
Same over here. Got my TCCA cpl with MIFR plus iatra only because of the mentioned integradet and modular thing. 370 tt and currently back home in Germany (thus krauts passport) . Waiting for the golden invitation as well and wondering if cx really recognized that I set my x on NO when asking for atp subs done because I simply don't have them yet. I gotta say I'm a little back and forth as well based on all the comments I read about cx.
Anyways... I sent my docs few days ago. Anyone else whod travel from Europe like me?
Let's hope for our all best and may the force be with us.

According to what I've read over in a thread in fragrant harbour sub forum, CX has apperantly dropped the ATPL written credit requirement, so could be why they didn't ask or needed the ATPL theory results from us. I have also heard that you would need to write the HK ATPL theory tests upon conversion to an HK license, but I could be wrong on that one.

seabird007
28th Apr 2019, 23:58
Yep. You're right I suppose. No such thing as a atpl exam required on the cx career page. On pilotcareercentre.com it still is and thats probably what confused me quite a bit.

a334
29th Apr 2019, 00:39
Yep. You're right I suppose. No such thing as a atpl exam required on the cx career page. On pilotcareercentre.com it still is and thats probably what confused me quite a bit.

Yes that confused me as well, but the most up to date info would be on CX career page, so makes sense why candidates with no ATPL exams written are being invited

seabird007
29th Apr 2019, 07:35
Crab man... There's not even one good thing spoken about cx. Did some research last night. This is really killing my good vibe:D

seabird007
29th Apr 2019, 11:50
Delusional.

​​​​​​​Is that based on you're experience or on things you've heard on pprune? Just curious and happy for more details

a334
29th Apr 2019, 14:54
Crab man... There's not even one good thing spoken about cx. Did some research last night. This is really killing my good vibe:D

Don't pay too much attention to what you read here... there is some truth to it but I realized that you have to really sift through the BS to actually find out the bad parts. There's no perfect company out there, and I can think of many, many complaints about other companies from people in person, or on other forums. You might as well say that all companies out there are bad in some way, shape, or form.

Take this forum for what it is, like all forums and look at the positives. I have been on countless forums for various different topics and everything is always gloom and doom and somebody always has something bad to say or complain about... it's truly annoying and gets really tiring

seabird007
29th Apr 2019, 15:00
Don't pay too much attention to what you read here... there is some truth to it but I realized that you have to really sift through the BS to actually find out the bad parts. There's no perfect company out there, and I can think of many, many complaints about other companies from people in person, or on other forums. You might as well say that all companies out there are bad in some way, shape, or form.

Take this forum for what it is, like all forums and look at the positives. I have been on countless forums for various different topics and everything is always gloom and doom and somebody always has something bad to say or complain about... it's truly annoying and gets really tiring
Fair enough. Well since this would affect not just me but also wife and little one, I'm a little sensitive. But I agree you always read negative stuff.. People who are satisfied they don't have a reason to write anything.

a334
29th Apr 2019, 15:16
Fair enough. Well since this would affect not just me but also wife and little one, I'm a little sensitive. But I agree you always read negative stuff.. People who are satisfied they don't have a reason to write anything.

It's for you and only you to make the choice that is best for your life and family, and no one else. One can suggest, but it's what you and your family feel best and at the end of the day that's the only thing that matters. The negativity (or positivity) of a forum full of strangers shouldn't have that big of an influence your decision, it should just be a simple guide. This of course is in my opinion based on what I have experienced thus far in my own life

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide is best!

seabird007
29th Apr 2019, 15:24
It's for you and only you to make the choice that is best for your life and family, and no one else. One can suggest, but it's what you and your family feel best and at the end of the day that's the only thing that matters. The negativity (or positivity) of a forum full of strangers shouldn't have that big of an influence your decision, it should just be a simple guide. This of course is in my opinion based on what I have experienced thus far in my own life

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide is best!
Wise man. Thanks buddy. I just got notification of documents received by cx.

redboxpilot
29th Apr 2019, 16:12
Fully agree wit a334. I have been doing quite an extensive research through different forums. Generally, people that are dissatisfied with the company, are the ones that write. Which is not bad, of course. It tells a part of the reality which may be possible in each person case regarding each one's personality. But there is also another part of the reality that is not widely spread which is the one of all those happy with the company, the flights, the long hours and the job they do as well as the city you have to move to. It also strongly depends on where you come from, the job opportunities you have in your actual place, whether you have a family or not, and so many other variables that you and only you can decide if in the overall it represents a benefit for you. Clearly, the same job opportunity does not look attractive for a person with 2000TT, jet hours, airline experience and family, as for a young pilot with less than 1000TT, single and only piston engine experience.

It is just my opinion, the way I try to evaluate my situation and how I cope with everything I read. Anyway after all, the final decision will be made after visiting CX, passing the interviews and receiving the invitation to become part of the company; which should give you a different scene than the one you have now.

jjhews
30th Apr 2019, 01:38
New careers page on the CX website giving actual $ figures and award packages you can expect. Seems like the hiring is in overdrive now.
The choice of whether or not to join them is completely subjective. What might not work one person at a different stage in their life might work for someone else.

HHChan
30th Apr 2019, 09:36
why are u guys posting stuff on CX here? Bewilders me..arent this suppose to be in Fragrant Harbour?

seabird007
30th Apr 2019, 11:29
why are u guys posting stuff on CX here? Bewilders me..arent this suppose to be in Fragrant Harbour?
Nothing but justified thoughts and opinions my friend. We all applied at cx. Just some arguments and doubts here and there but definitely no bad roumers. We're all waiting to get invitated.

a334
30th Apr 2019, 15:21

Because I had no idea when looking where to post that fragrant harbour was HK specific... but who cares where it's posted

HHChan
1st May 2019, 08:18
Who cares.? Then why not in the Middle East forum..seems people don’t care too if u post there...

petrichor
1st May 2019, 10:52

334 - True..ish words. Always take the positives and work on that but don't ignore all the negative sentiment you read on FH forums. Although there's a lot of bs on there from some angry people, some of it is justified, so use your own ethos and pragmatism of "life is a box of chocolates". Make sure you don't come here, sign a contract and then find out that it's not what you expected only to join the army of angry entitled millenials who expect industrial action to effect improvements on the ****ty contract they signed. Take the job if you feel it's right for you, once here, enjoy all that HK has to offer. Once the **** bucket outweighs the happiness bucket, leave. There are NO 1st world labour laws here, it is an employer driven economy so please bear that in mind too.

Best of luck.

skychief1994
1st May 2019, 15:34
Hey guys

I've just heard back from Cathay. They've sent me a bunch of documents to fill out and send to them. I've done that now. Does anyone of you know how long do we have to wait for an interview date? Is it usually in one months time? I'll be flying out to Hong Kong soon so I can meet people are at the same stage and maybe we can prepare together for the potential interview.

a334
1st May 2019, 17:02
Hey guys

I've just heard back from Cathay. They've sent me a bunch of documents to fill out and send to them. I've done that now. Does anyone of you know how long do we have to wait for an interview date? Is it usually in one months time? I'll be flying out to Hong Kong soon so I can meet people are at the same stage and maybe we can prepare together for the potential interview.

Right now it looks like it'll be a while. I along with another fellow pilot have been waiting for 3 weeks since our documents checked out. I'm hoping to receive the dates in the next 2 weeks

skychief1994
1st May 2019, 17:14
Right it looks like it'll be a while. I along with another fellow pilot have been waiting for 3 weeks since our documents checked out. I'm hoping to receive the dates in the next 2 weeks Great. Did they send a timeline of when they would send interview dates? Also, are you guys in Hong Kong?

a334
1st May 2019, 21:22
Great. Did they send a timeline of when they would send interview dates? Also, are you guys in Hong Kong?

No, just said to expect an interview date in the coming weeks, and no I am in Canada

seabird007
1st May 2019, 21:24
Great. Did they send a timeline of when they would send interview dates? Also, are you guys in Hong Kong?
Same here. Sent all docs end of march and now waiting for further interview or procedure Infos. Canadian licensed pilot in Germany.

Radar52
2nd May 2019, 05:03
Right now it looks like it'll be a while. I along with another fellow pilot have been waiting for 3 weeks since our documents checked out. I'm hoping to receive the dates in the next 2 weeks

Did they send you some sort of email saying all documents were in order? I submitted end of March and heard nothing?
Does anyone advise contacting HR and getting in communication with them?

seabird007
2nd May 2019, 10:54
Did they send you some sort of email saying all documents were in order? I submitted end of March and heard nothing?
Does anyone advise contacting HR and getting in communication with them?

Nope. I guess if you sent docs out of order you simply won't hear from them. I received an email saying " this is to confirm all docs were received" 2 days ago. Since people in here saying this process takes a while I suggest not doing anything the next 3 weeks or so... For how long are you waiting now?

a334
2nd May 2019, 14:45
The email from the generic flight crew email address doesn't mean much. You should receive an email directly from an HR person to confirm your documents are in order. I got the generic documents received email also, but I was missing one document and would not have known this until I was contacted directly by a person from HR to submit the one extra document... upon doing so, I received a reply a week later saying everything is good and to expect an email from a different HR person within the next month regarding interview dates.

seabird007
2nd May 2019, 14:49
The email from the generic flight crew email address doesn't mean much. You should receive an email directly from an HR person to confirm your documents are in order. I got the generic documents received email also, but I was missing one document and would not have known this until I was contacted directly by a person from HR to submit the one extra document... upon doing so, I received a reply a week later saying everything is good and to expect an email from a different HR person within the next month regarding interview dates.
Alright then... Disregard what I said. Thumps up

BBB7700
3rd May 2019, 15:21
Hi I was trying to send you a PM

=========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

BBB7700
3rd May 2019, 15:23
Good day all

Hi a334 I was trying to send you a PM.

==========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

BBB7700
3rd May 2019, 17:07
Good day all

Hi,
May I ask you how long it took from the day you filled in the application form to the day when you got a mail to submit your docs or the first reply from them?
Thanks for the help.

BBB7700
4th May 2019, 14:43
Greetings to all,

Does anyone here know how long it takes for the first reply from Cathay from the time we submit the first application online?
Thanks for the help.

seabird007
4th May 2019, 23:08
Greetings to all,

Does anyone here know how long it takes for the first reply from Cathay from the time we submit the first application online?
Thanks for the help.
Hey man. Honestly I applied in August 2018 when I was in canada during training. Totally forgot about cx when they replied to me end of march ^^

a334
5th May 2019, 00:53
Hi,
May I ask you how long it took from the day you filled in the application form to the day when you got a mail to submit your docs or the first reply from them?
Thanks for the help.

I could not reply to your PM. I've had an application with CX for over 2 years and forgot about it like seabird, but after updating my profile I heard back in 2 days. It's been almost a month since my documents checked out and i'm still waiting for interview dates

skychief1994
5th May 2019, 01:16
I've been told that the earliest time slots for the final interviews in Hong Kong will be August 2019. In anyones experience, how long before do they give you a date for an interview? I'm currently doing my flight instructor rating and I hope to finish it before the Cathay interviews.

kingskate8
5th May 2019, 05:58
Hi folks, Thinking of applying for an SO for Cathay, or going to Jazz or Encore, Currently have 1000 TT flying
1900’s and Twin Otter in Canada. Just wondering if you get an invitation for an interview for Cathay do they fly you to HKG and pay for hotel? Thanks!

seabird007
5th May 2019, 06:31
Hi folks, Thinking of applying for an SO for Cathay, or going to Jazz or Encore, Currently have 1000 TT flying
1900’s and Twin Otter in Canada. Just wondering if you get an invitation for an interview for Cathay do they fly you to HKG and pay for hotel? Thanks!
Yup. They fly you out to hk on their wallet plus hotel nearby hk airport. Based on what I read here. If they do interviews near your home or even inside Canada I think then you will have to arrange your arrival on your own. I think cx is a great legacy company with career path. Remember SO time is worthless anywhere else so if your planing on staying the long run in hk you'll be fine. Nothing for short term in my opinion. Encore or jazz definetly no bad alternatives.

BBB7700
5th May 2019, 15:17
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what to fill in, into the Cathay Pacific References page..especially the part the says Cathay Pacific References... does that imply a reference from inside Cathay Pacific ?
Thanks for the help.

kingskate8
5th May 2019, 18:22
Yup. They fly you out to hk on their wallet plus hotel nearby hk airport. Based on what I read here. If they do interviews near your home or even inside Canada I think then you will have to arrange your arrival on your own. I think cx is a great legacy company with career path. Remember SO time is worthless anywhere else so if your planing on staying the long run in hk you'll be fine. Nothing for short term in my opinion. Encore or jazz definetly no bad alternatives.
Coool thanks man!

Future 73 Pilot
5th May 2019, 19:02
you obviously haven't worked here! I was about to say!

Radar52
6th May 2019, 07:27
Nope. I guess if you sent docs out of order you simply won't hear from them. I received an email saying " this is to confirm all docs were received" 2 days ago. Since people in here saying this process takes a while I suggest not doing anything the next 3 weeks or so... For how long are you waiting now?

Got an email saying “all documents received”. submitted end of March. Been waiting almost 8 weeks now for an interview... anyone got something similar?

a334
6th May 2019, 14:24
Got an email saying “all documents received”. submitted end of March. Been waiting almost 8 weeks now for an interview... anyone got something similar?

Me and quite a few others actually. Based on what i'm hearing, we could be looking at august dates for the interview...

hwc
8th May 2019, 04:20
Hi everyone,
I am also from Canada with my CPL MEIR but I have been working in HK for a while now... Just saw the Direct SO opportunity with CX, really wanna get myself prepared and give it another try again!

Sunny_8525
8th May 2019, 06:15
I received an invitation email today for two-day selection process scheduled on 23rd and 24th July 2019. I submitted all my documents in March this year.

BBB7700
8th May 2019, 08:57
I received an invitation email today for two-day selection process scheduled on 23rd and 24th July 2019. I submitted all my documents in March this year.
HI sunny_8525
May I ask you as to how long it took for them to give you the first reply after you had filled in the initial online application?

Thanks for the help.

seabird007
8th May 2019, 09:00

Good for you. Best of luck!!

skychief1994
8th May 2019, 15:35
Congrats and good luck to people who have received the interview call. As for people who have been told August 2019 (myself included), would you guys mind if we set up a Whatsapp group to get to know each other and possibly prepare? I'm sure you guys have heard that there is a 777 sim near Toronto that we could all rent and practice on too. The cost is around 150 CAD per hour.

Sunny_8525
8th May 2019, 15:37
HI sunny_8525
May I ask you as to how long it took for them to give you the first reply after you had filled in the initial online application?

Thanks for the help. It was strange. I applied last year when the minimum requirement for the application was 750 hours. But they asked me for the documents in March this year. So approximately it took them 6 months. Definitely, it is a very slow process.

redboxpilot
8th May 2019, 17:24
Congrats! That´s good news.

Congrats and good luck to people who have received the interview call. As for people who have been told August 2019 (myself included), would you guys mind if we set up a Whatsapp group to get to know each other and possibly prepare? I'm sure you guys have heard that there is a 777 sim near Toronto that we could all rent and practice on too. The cost is around 150 CAD per hour.

To those who had to submit papers on April 7th, if you want, PM me and I can set up the group.

IFLYyouBREATH
8th May 2019, 18:09
Unfortunately I have <250h tt. Not easy to build hours tough

Mammagoose
15th May 2019, 10:50
ATPL theory is mandatory?

redboxpilot
15th May 2019, 22:58
No, not any more.

Hkust
16th May 2019, 04:34
hey guys, anyone flying to hk for interview on jul 18-19? and if there is any group preparing for 777sim, i am interested to join !
let me know if your interview date is same as mine

skychief1994
16th May 2019, 16:06
hey guys, anyone flying to hk for interview on jul 18-19? and if there is any group preparing for 777sim, i am interested to join !

Congrats buddy. Can you tell us how long did it take for Cathay to let you know the interview dates from the time you submitted the documents? And good luck. Hope to see you in HK.

a334
16th May 2019, 17:12
Yes I would like to know too as I submitted my docs at the end of March also and i'm still waiting... last I was told by HR when I asked a few days ago was to anticipate a date in August...

kmr_pilot
17th May 2019, 03:30

Hi,

I will be flying to HK on July 13rd and my interview was scheduled to July 15th and 16th.

see ya!

Caedus
17th May 2019, 07:59
Anyone know where one might find the COS18 so many people are talking about?

jakekenobi
18th May 2019, 08:44
Anyone know where one might find the COS18 so many people are talking about?

Last year minimum for getting an interview was around 750h TT, not everybody who sends papers actually gets one ...maybe minimums changed , and i do wonder what is lowest experience who actually got interview recently, did anyone with less then 500h TT got an interview?

I was lowest last year with almost 900h TT
Cheers

Caedus
18th May 2019, 10:34
Last year minimum for getting an interview was around 750h TT, not everybody who sends papers actually gets one ...maybe minimums changed , and i do wonder what is lowest experience who actually got interview recently, did anyone with less then 500h TT got an interview?

Cheers

Perfect. Thanks for this.

a334
18th May 2019, 14:21

Cheers

From the folks that I have been talking to, there are quite a few of us with around 500 hours or less, with quite a few around 250-300 hours... All of us have submitted docs and were told we will be invited to an interview

rubikscube1348
21st May 2019, 09:16
Hey Guys, I received an Email from Cathay to verify if I have an Flight Radio Operators License.
I hold an FAA Commercial Multi and I got it converted to an Transport Canada License.

In the US, we don't have a Radio Operators License. So what should I submit then?

a334
21st May 2019, 14:37
Hey Guys, I received an Email from Cathay to verify if I have an Flight Radio Operators License.
I hold an FAA Commercial Multi and I got it converted to an Transport Canada License.

In the US, we don't have a Radio Operators License. So what should I submit then?

If your license got converted to TC, you should have a radio license copy, everyone in Canada does.

Also, i'm sure you're not the first FAA pilot that's applied to CX, so just explain to them that the FAA doesn't issue such a document.

rubikscube1348
21st May 2019, 16:15
If your license got converted to TC, you should have a radio license copy, everyone in Canada does.

Also, i'm sure you're not the first FAA pilot that's applied to CX, so just explain to them that the FAA doesn't issue such a document.

Is it a separate booklet apart from the license? Because I just have the license. Didn’t receive the radio license copy. But I’ll let them know that FAA does not issue a radio license.

Thanks

a334
21st May 2019, 16:54
Is it a separate booklet apart from the license? Because I just have the license. Didn’t receive the radio license copy. But I’ll let them know that FAA does not issue a radio license.

Thanks

Yes the radio license is issued as a separate piece of paper as industry canada is the issuer and it has nothing to do with transport canada... if you fly and are caught without a radio license in Canada, you could get fined as far as i'm aware

a334
22nd May 2019, 15:20
Just got the invite today for July 23/24. Anyone else get an invite for the same dates?

Hkust
27th May 2019, 05:00
Congrats buddy. Can you tell us how long did it take for Cathay to let you know the interview dates from the time you submitted the documents? And good luck. Hope to see you in HK.

sorry for late reply, it took me more than 2 months to get a reply

skychief1994
27th May 2019, 13:43
sorry for late reply, it took me more than 2 months to get a reply

Seems like its taking everyone to get a reply back in two months. I submitted my documents on 1st May 2019. When I asked them when would the interviews take place they mentioned August, but now it seems like it will be a while for me. Hopefully I do get to interview in August.

Porterboy
27th May 2019, 14:51
I wish I saw this thread while I was waiting in agony for interview dates. Got mine for end of July. Submitted all documents in March. Currently 270TT with CPL IATRA, etc.. Has this whatsapp group been started yet? Would be cool to talk to some people in the same boat.

shakesk
30th May 2019, 05:09
Just completed the online application.

What were the documents they asked for when they first contacted you guys?

specs
31st May 2019, 12:47
Just completed the online application.

What were the documents they asked for when they first contacted you guys?

- CPL / ATPL Flight Crew Licence, include all pages, even if blank
- CPL / ATPL Theory Results (with percentage pass marks of all individual exams)
- Current Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Flight Radiotelephony Operator’s Licence
- Evidence of last Proficiency Check or Multi-Engine Instrument Rating Renewal Flight Test Report indicating 2D and 3D approaches tested (MEIR must be valid)
- Last Page of hours flown entered in your Logbook (total sum of hours clearly reflected)
- Passport copy
- Logbook page that show (i) VFR Cross-country as P1 of at least 300 nm; and (ii) 5 solo take-offs and 5 solo full stop landings at night.

ktjoseph
6th Jun 2019, 05:34
why don't you apply to FO ?

mk18mod1
12th Jun 2019, 10:43
cheers helps a lot

Zachhh99999
12th Jun 2019, 10:46
Hello everybody , i was invited to go for the so position but looking at the comments of people saying this and that. I am still thinking whether to apply for the 2nd officer position . Anybody can help me with this decision ?

rubikscube1348
14th Jun 2019, 10:12
Hey, I have got a interview date for Sept 18 and 19. Also took me about 2 months.

skychief1994
14th Jun 2019, 10:52
Hey, I have got a interview date for Sept 18 and 19. Also took me about 2 months.

Nice. Good luck. When did you submit your documents buddy?

skychief1994
21st Jun 2019, 14:50
Hello everybody , i was invited to go for the so position but looking at the comments of people saying this and that. I am still thinking whether to apply for the 2nd officer position . Anybody can help me with this decision ?
Hey Zachhh

Message me on whatsapp on my above number. I'll add you onto the group where people will give you their opinion.

Sario777
21st Jun 2019, 18:47
Just got the invite today for July 23/24. Anyone else get an invite for the same dates?
Hey guys. I am in a same situation like you all. I have FAA CPL with over 280 hours. I am following this thread for some time now. And I have concerns and question about it. So if you guys are part of any online group or on Whatsapp group please do add me. DM me or shoot me an email at [email protected].
Thanks in advance.

Skysurfer14
5th Jul 2019, 06:20
Has anyone submitted their documents around the end of April and got an interview date yet?

skychief1994
7th Jul 2019, 00:53
Has anyone submitted their documents around the end of April and got an interview date yet?

hey. I submitted end of April and got my dates for September.

Palm Passv
15th Jul 2019, 08:35
Hi guys, Palm from Thailand. Has anyone submitted their documents around the mid of July and got an interview date yet? I was asked to submit my documents on July 12th and I already submitted. Does anyone know how long does it takes until the next step? pls DM me if you have any suggestion.

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

grind king
21st Jul 2019, 04:55
Greetings,

Wondering if if anyone has info about the sim eval or the process in general? Aircraft, profile, autopilot, auto thrust, flight directors? Any information would be greatly appreciated by all.

Thanks,
GK

rolothedodo
21st Jul 2019, 10:20
Go on instagram and search acsaviationconsulting, the guy helps potential candidates prep for cathay pacific, since he used to be a captain with them along time ago. You'll have to pay a fee of some kind, but that vast majority get through the initial and final stages for employment. He's actually really good. A friend of mine used him and he's currently a second officer and enjoying it.

mushking
25th Jul 2019, 17:43
Anyone doing their 2 days on aug 28-29?

Nsbr93
30th Jul 2019, 15:30
Hi guys, Palm from Thailand. Has anyone submitted their documents around the mid of July and got an interview date yet? I was asked to submit my documents on July 12th and I already submitted. Does anyone know how long does it takes until the next step? pls DM me if you have any suggestion.

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.
hi palsm, i submittef mine on the 25th of June but have yet to receive an inteeview date. It has been a month plus for me

Pilotkid
9th Aug 2019, 17:04
Does anyone have info on what areas to study and from where, with regards to tech portion of the assesment.

Also, anyone have inteviews on 9th Oct?

cheers

talime
10th Aug 2019, 03:03
Hi eveyrone,People who have been invited for an interview.
Could you give us an idea of your experience ( which CPL or ATPL, Flying hours)

Thank you

specs
14th Aug 2019, 03:52
Hi, anyone going for the session on 11-12 Sept?

mikejames
3rd Sep 2019, 01:58
Hi, anyone going for the session on 11-12 Sept?

I have an interview on the 10th-11th of September.

specs
4th Sep 2019, 01:26
I have an interview on the 10th-11th of September.

All the best for it. Maybe I might see you there.

mikejames
4th Sep 2019, 02:04
All the best for it. Maybe I might see you there.

Thanks mate! Good luck! I wonder what sort of numbers there will be at these interviews.

flyingtaurus
4th Sep 2019, 16:34
Good day Mike, Could you please provide a timeline with regards to your application. Did you apply for the Advanced Entry? Thank you.

mikejames
14th Sep 2019, 09:31
Good day Mike, Could you please provide a timeline with regards to your application. Did you apply for the Advanced Entry? Thank you.
Applied in April, emailed with a follow up question or two start of June, got an offical invite 3 weeks later. Did all the usual interview admin like forms and hours etc throughout the next week or two and then interviewed September 10-11. So from application to interview was about 3 months.

flyingtaurus
22nd Sep 2019, 03:38
Applied in April, emailed with a follow up question or two start of June, got an offical invite 3 weeks later. Did all the usual interview admin like forms and hours etc throughout the next week or two and then interviewed September 10-11. So from application to interview was about 3 months.

Thank you for the reply and how are you? How was the interview and the simulator evaluation? did you get through? thank you in advance.

Vinceochoa
28th Sep 2019, 00:57
Can anyone tell me how long they take to respond?

Hello, I am from the US and have recently met all the cathay 2nd officer requirements. I applied with all the requirements at the beginning of September and updated my resume and whatnot on the 15th. Still nothing, I assume it shouldn’t take more than a couple weeks for a response, even if they’re saying they don’t want me?

yes I’ve read all the stuff about how horrible they are as a company so save that.

Climb150
29th Sep 2019, 01:14
Vince,

Cathay took 1 year to respond to my application. It was then another 5 months until interview.

Get your CFI and by the time Cathay calls you be a Regional FO.

Tagunol
2nd Oct 2019, 15:41
Hello.
Applied and no response yet other than the acknowledgment.

Was wondering what could be the other minimum requirement the are looking for other than the one stated on the website?
Thanks

BBB7700
2nd Oct 2019, 18:25
Hello.
Applied and no response yet other than the acknowledgment.

Was wondering what could be the other minimum requirement the are looking for other than the one stated on the website?
Thanks

Have you got any jet experience?
and what might be your age now ?
and when did you apply?

Tagunol
4th Oct 2019, 11:01
Have you got any jet experience?
and what might be your age now ?
and when did you apply?
Thanks: Dont have Jet experince yet, Just ME/IR, hrs 4000plus,Less than 35 on age

Dylann
17th Oct 2019, 02:37
Hello folks,

I just received an invitation email from CX for an interview on Dec 3-4. Anyone joining on the same group too? Feel free to WhatsApp me +1 9419600476 so we would be able to discuss more, should we be in the same group. Cheers

Dylan.

deybucci
19th Oct 2019, 13:36
Hearty congratulations on your invite! How much flying hours do you have when you applied?

Dylann
19th Oct 2019, 21:32
Currently close to a 1000TT.

Dylann
20th Oct 2019, 22:23
Not sure yet tho. I just submitted my infos on the weekend and I am waiting for their confirmation together with simulator assessment briefing and profile.

Who stole my meds
31st Oct 2019, 06:30
Guys (and gals no doubt) let me give you some advice about applying to airlines in general.........Chill out.
One thing can be certain is that the quicker an airline responds to your application determines how desperate they are for pilots.

When I applied to CX I had 2500 hrs (mostly turboprop time save a little bit of GA time) and it took CX 10 months to get back to me, and I held an ATPL.
This was before the current terms and conditions were put into effect. I ended up not submitting the paperwork because I was offered an FO jet job. Better to be an FO than a SO but you take what ever you can get.
My comments are not meant to be a deterrent nor demeaning but if you're applying with less than 1000TT and hearing from in less the a year keep that in mind as to what the conditions will be like and their level of desperation.

If you haven't heard from CX don't panic, keep flying as much as possible, be patient and apply to every organisation who will take your resume.

cruisepower
31st Oct 2019, 06:57
They were desperate last year. Now they have lots of applications flowing. They prefer pilots with few hrs and some experience.

if you are unemployed or/and few hrs and experience then go for it. After 3-4 years you will be flying a huge widebody around the world. If you are employed in a good job then stay where you are.

Victor100
2nd Nov 2019, 08:18
Hello! My name is Victor.
Anyone here will attend CX SO interviews on 11-12 Dec ?
Feel free to contact me by whatsapp +852-95180506

Bruceman99
2nd Nov 2019, 20:45
See you soon Dylan!

flyhighxoxo
3rd Nov 2019, 03:18
Hi guys,

When did you submit your docs, I have been waiting over 2 months now for an interview date?

Bruceman99
3rd Nov 2019, 07:08
Not sure yet tho. I just submitted my infos on the weekend and I am waiting for their confirmation together with simulator assessment briefing and profile.

See you soon Dylan....keep in touch! I sent message to your whatsApp!

Kennjapan
9th Nov 2019, 04:46
Hi everyone , Im KEN from Japan .

I submitted my document 2 weeks ago to entry for second officer position .
Did anyone complete online application in October ?

Im still waiting e-mail from Cathay Pacific and want to share some information with other applicants .

Dylann
11th Nov 2019, 23:20
Hello folks,

i just got got a reply from CX with all itinerary details including the sim profile (A330/A350). Anyone up for a sim discussion here for the upcoming interview in December? Feel free to hit me up anytime ��

p/s hating to put my head down to study after 2 years of instructing. Tough life⚓️

flyingtaurus
23rd Nov 2019, 21:54
Hey Dylann, Firstly congratulations on the invite and best of luck for the interview. Secondly would you be kind enough to provide a synopsis regarding the interview/sim procedure for the future candidates after the process? Thank you in Advance, Best Regards.

flyingtaurus
24th Nov 2019, 06:15
Thank you for the detailed description, i appreciate it.

chobo97
25th Nov 2019, 03:30
Forget to mention, you need to do all the EASA subjects + 3 more subjects. if I remember correctly the extra 3 are the HK air law, HK operation procedure, and DA42 technical (I'm not too sure about the last one.) That is not the hard part. The hard part is you have 11 weeks for CPL holder and 9 weeks for fATPL holder to do it all. The lady in the benefits meeting told us there are 17 subjects in total but I counted and on the document that they give you and there are only 16 subjects. So be prepared for a surprise 17th phantom subject I guess.

The direct first officer only has to do like 8 subjects I think. Much less but only 6 weeks to do.

So prepare for the ATPL exams even if you are accepted in CX, as EASA has been adding more original questions. Also in the benefit briefing, the lady mentions a lot of people are failing the exams. Even if you have an EASA license, you have to do ALL the exams.

Hi, just a couple question about the assesment
where is the EASA exam will taking place? Is it in hongkong or aus?
And when we should retake the exam?
Is it after the employment by cathay?
Will we get paid when we taking our EASA Exam?
what type of sim did they put you on the assesment? Is it boeing or airbus?
does the DEFO guys only going to B747 or is there any chance they being assigned to other type or aircraft?

chobo97
25th Nov 2019, 12:05
Where? FTA in Adelaide and there are some documents to prep before going to the training. I do not remember what.
When? in the 11 or 9 weeks depending on your license. After the license "conversion" you will need to go to CX city to do line training or something. Exams are before employment of CX. So don't fail or you are out.
I had AIrbus but honestly, it depends on what is available. If CX needs the A330 or A350 or 777 for their pilot then you are not going to use it. It just depends on what is free for the day.
I do not know about the DEFO as I went to the direct second officer but I would have guess, it depends on what CX needs. You can ask for the type but they will not make a guarantee that you will get it. They will try at least to given what they want. If 10 guys ask for 747 and there are 1 spot then 1 of them are getting it. simple as that.
Thank you for the reply sir.
so basically they want us to take Exam in FTA with our own pocket before employment.
If we pass the exam we get the job if not then we dont get the job. is that what you mean?

Dylann
25th Nov 2019, 19:48
I went to the interview but fail the HR interview.
Everything is not hard. The theory I had was basic, like what is the emergency transponder code and whatnot. There is a personality question and a group exercise. Just speak and participate. Not hard. The sim assessment is not hard it is the same as what they give you in the briefing documents. Don't break the minimum. Have the GS and LOC capture and remember the call outs.

The second day is the ICAO English exams, which you have to pay (for me it was bull**** as I did it already in a different country). I should not need to do it but I paid and got the level 6 again. There is the most invasive medical you would do in your life, well compared to Europe standards. In the medical, they have the basic things like piss, blood tests, and all the normal initial medical tests. The odd part is the hair cut but the insane part is they check your balls every renewal of your medical. EVERY TIME. But, who knows you might get the young female doctor if you are lucky. Feel a bit violated to have a guy to squeeze my balls after the medical. There is a chest x-ray for some reason...

Anyways the interview. OMG, the worst interview ever. they will ask anything. ANYTHING. even if you have zero jet hours or no type rating. The technical part, they have asked me what engine on X plane and how much max thrust on this X plane. Stuff that you could find on the internet but the answer is impossible AS THE ENGINE THRUST INCREASE OVER TIME DUE TO IMPROVEMENT like different blades. For example the GE90-94B vs GE90-110B1. I found that out afterward. The guy asked for an exact number. He even asked for a company route. I had HK to LA. He asked me how would you fly that and how long or something like that. Going is the easy part but the return part uses the polar navigation, which I would not know unless study all the company routes, which there are a lot for all the company destinations. He even asked me the range of the 777 and here is a trick question as CX has 300 and 300ER which have a different max range for both. Soon, they will have the 777x. There are more very specific type rated questions. Zero question on my training or pass flight experience. Absolutely zero.
On the other hand the, HR part of the interview is much nicer. It's normal. Nothing insane.

Not related to anything but just want to point out that CX has more foreign pilots than hong kong Chinese pilots in my experience and more than what I expected. In my flight to and return to the UK, in the HQ CX city, I did not see any Hong Kong Chinese pilot. There is a lot of Asian cabin crew though. You would have guess a Hong Kong based company would have a bit more Hong Kong pilot with a cadet program for Hong Kong citizenship only. They are even interviewing the people in the cadet program on the shipload. In both days I was at CX city, there were about 2 to 3 different groups of people in the cadet program that I bump into the recruitment lounge. I spent limited time there. In the medical area, I get to talk to some really nice an Australia pilot (which there are a lot) renewing his every 6 months medical. He told me the medical is not covered by CX and need to be paid by the employee every time you go to CX HQ to renew the medical. What I am trying to say is, it's a bit disproportion ratio of local and foreigner and really odd. Maybe Hong Konger doesn't want to be a pilot or something. Maybe the cadet program is very new.

The experience leaves me a really odd feeling about CX.

For those that is wonder how long is the SO to FO, it's about 3 to 4 but maximum 5. Well, that is what the lady told us in the "benefit briefing". In the briefing, they even give you an estimate on rental in HK and as a SO, you are looking at spending around 1/3 to 1/2 of your annual earning on it (depend on where and size). Not easy to live there. Not including food or any other necessity. They gave us a document on how promotion works and for SO2 to SO1 you need 3000 hours of on type flight time. It is different for 747. SO1 to FO2 can be ANY amount of time. It will depend on CX. If you do the Maths, you will be in the SO for a really long time before they will even consider you to be FO (like more than 5 years unless you work 900 hours every year then maybe). Also no type rating for SO, just some P2X rating.

Still for a first job is not bad, still better than being FI in my opinion. If you could, join as direct FO. You will get a full type rating and the pay is much more reasonable and liveable in HK.

On the bright side, your initial medical is on CX house. Free of charge. They will even send it back to you for free.
Good luck to you guys

Hey bud, thank you for the useful infos provided at this time. I’m sorry that that you couldn’t make it to the final employment stage.
Could you provide more questions for both the technical and HR they asked? This will definitely helps me out as mine is coming up in 2 weeks. Also how many questions were asked in average for each of them.
Cheers 🍻

Shawnnn
16th Dec 2019, 06:58
Hey guys, new here.

I'm based in USA, and we have requirement of 1500 hours and then you can get ATP rating and apply for regionals. Say I have 300 hours I join CX as SO stay with them for couple years, would the hours I fly with them count towards the 1500 hours for ATP rating for when I want to come back and work for a US based airline?

Victor100
17th Dec 2019, 22:51
Hey guys, new here.

I'm based in USA, and we have requirement of 1500 hours and then you can get ATP rating and apply for regionals. Say I have 300 hours I join CX as SO stay with them for couple years, would the hours I fly with them count towards the 1500 hours for ATP rating for when I want to come back and work for a US based airline?
I believe no
SO hours is not counted

cruisepower
18th Dec 2019, 12:57
Hey guys, new here.

no you will still have 300 hrs. If you decide to join Cathay with just 300 hrs then be ready to stay there for a long time till get become FO and gain some experience

Natca
21st Dec 2019, 23:53
I believe no
SO hours is not counted

Not true.
SIC time is SIC time in the usa. Even the Hong Kong rule is that half of your SO times counts as P2. How you log for the usa can be different from hkcad

cruisepower
22nd Dec 2019, 09:07
Not true.
SIC time is SIC time in the usa. Even the Hong Kong rule is that half of your SO times counts as P2. How you log for the usa can be different from hkcad

how can you log SIC if you are not even flying the airplane? SO time is not accepted in USA.

Natca
23rd Dec 2019, 15:17
how can you log SIC if you are not even flying the airplane? SO time is not accepted in USA.

Obviously you do not understand logging of flight time in the USA. Anything outside training requirements is not legally required to be logged, only specific airlines for employment do people log time in the USA. How you log it is to you but the whole P1 p2 non sense literally does not exist in the USA. You are either pic or sic, period.

Henderson Tang
24th Dec 2019, 00:16
are any mates interested in practicing ICAO English and 1B interview together? Reach me at tg @hdc0117

OkayOkay
24th Dec 2019, 12:37
Hi Guys, Quick Question,

Has anyone from UK or Europe been successful in the Cathay Second Officer recruitment.

I have recently submitted an application and i'm just trying to gauge whether or not they'll consider someone from my sort of region.

Thank you

seb972
25th Dec 2019, 15:04
hey mate, same case, could u whatsapp me please? +33 0 6 46 25 13 70 .

latheotude
3rd Jan 2020, 06:54
Anyone going for the SO interview on 8/9 Jan?

ksinghy
3rd Jan 2020, 13:02
Hi mate,

I'm attending on the 8th/9th :)

Kidpilot
9th Jan 2020, 13:27
Hi mate,

I'm attending on the 8th/9th :)
Hi. May I ask when did you submit your online application? Thanks.

wilco121decimal5
23rd May 2020, 09:31
Does anyone happen to know if Cathay is considering Second Officer applications?

CovidRefugee
23rd May 2020, 11:21
Hi

The 'People' department is still open for business. I have spoken to one of the HR staff. They are really nice so don't be afraid to call. Just remember the time zone difference. It sounds like they are short of people on the freighter. A 744 rating might help. Im looking at getting a rating although it is gonna be pricey. I told them I'm ex Ryanair but would take second officer or first officer - dont care which.

Climb150
23rd May 2020, 14:15
Half of the Cathay fleet is parked. What do you think?

wilco121decimal5
23rd May 2020, 14:31
Half of the Cathay fleet is parked. What do you think?

True, won’t be forever!

wilco121decimal5
23rd May 2020, 14:59
Hi

The 'People' department is still open for business. I have spoken to one of the HR staff. They are really nice so don't be afraid to call. Just remember the time zone difference. It sounds like they are short of people on the freighter. A 744 rating might help. Im looking at getting a rating although it is gonna be pricey. I told them I'm ex Ryanair but would take second officer or first officer - dont care which.

Thanks for this, thats positive to hear!
Good luck with your application :)

Climb150
23rd May 2020, 15:24
From 5 days ago in Hong Kong news,

The Cathay Pacific Group has given its clearest hint yet of job losses among pilots as part of its Covid-19 “structural change” review, ahead of crunch talks in around two weeks

Still wanna drop 25k on a 744 rating?