PDA

View Full Version : Gibtaltar flight 25th Feb 2019

Shane Marlow
20th Mar 2019, 17:51
Hi

I was on the flight from Heathrow to Gibtaltar on this day and we had a very bad descent and the plane was rocking side to side. Was wondering on peoples opinion on this and why it happened?

DaveReidUK
20th Mar 2019, 23:07
https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/618789-baw492-diversion-gibraltar.html

S.o.S.
21st Mar 2019, 02:00
Hello Shane Marlow and welcome to the cabin. Yes, that Go Round was remarkable but, as you may have seen, not an every day event at that severity. Please stay and participate.

DRUK, thanks for putting the link in for our newbie.

Shane Marlow
24th Apr 2019, 23:34
I find it difficult to understand why the AAIB wont investigate it. I did email them to inform them but they said this was not a serious enough incident

Shane Marlow
24th Apr 2019, 23:45
Hello Shane Marlow and welcome to the cabin. Yes, that Go Round was remarkable but, as you may have seen, not an every day event at that severity. Please stay and participate.

DRUK, thanks for putting the link in for our newbie.

I have several other videos I found on Twitter from the ground

PAXboy
25th Apr 2019, 22:00
If the flight crew recovered the stability of the aircraft (which they did) and there was no failure of systems or procedures (which there was not) - then there is nothing to investigate. The videos do show the violence of the wind change but these kind of upsets have been happening since aircraft took to the sky. The only change is the ability of video recording and them being posted to a wide audience.

Hotel Tango
25th Apr 2019, 22:25
With all due respect, why are we going over this again? It was already discussed (see link provided by DRUK).