PDA

View Full Version : Starlux

SeaArrrrrrJay
19th Mar 2019, 22:17
Today they signed their purchase agreement for the 17 A350s. They also recently started advertising for pilots, both expat (type rated only) and locals (non-typed ok).
Here's the job listing in English (https://www.starlux-airlines.com/Jobs/ExpPilot).
Any info on terms and conditions? Hopefully they're offering something better than CAL and EVA.

iNCApacitated
20th Mar 2019, 04:17
It's being started by the ex-EVA chairman's disavowed son, KW.

twskydiver
20th Mar 2019, 08:36
Starlux's chairman K.W.Chang isn't the disavowed son of former EVA Chairman Chang Yung-Fa. In fact, the former chairman's will specifically stated that his third son, K.W.Chang, would take his position of chairman of the Evergreen group (EVA Air's parent company) upon his passing. However, K.W.Chang was ousted by his two elder brothers due to a lack of company shares after the will was announced. He then decided to found Starlux in 2016, and they have come a long way since. The decision to purchase Airbus only jets (10x A321neo, 17xA350xwb) is partially due to the ease for pilots to transfer between Airbus types. K.W.Chang has big visions for the company-namely becoming the Emirates of Asia. As a Taiwanese student pilot I'm very excited to see what comes of it :D

etops777
20th Mar 2019, 14:03
A good hype with Starlux. It will always be run like
EVA. The initial batch of the managements are all Ex EVA thus the culture will be the same.

He wanted Starlux to be like the Emirates of Asia which it will not happen because he won't be paying the money, the benefits like that of Emirates.

Those EX EVA management pilots in Starlux are paid the the salary equivalent to EVA plus 60K NTD which brings it to around 350 to 400K a month NTD which is already below the international standard! Therefore it will not be much more than EVA or CI for their line pilots.

Another fact is that the inheritance law in Taiwan supersede any will written.

ACJDriver
22nd Mar 2019, 03:02
Those EX EVA management pilots in Starlux are paid the the salary equivalent to EVA plus 60K NTD which brings it to around 350 to 400K a month NTD which is already below the international standard! Therefore it will not be much more than EVA or CI for their line pilots.

Are you sure that's not for Line Captains? Really low for management though but as the saying goes, "willing buyer, willing seller."

SeaArrrrrrJay
25th Mar 2019, 19:49
Another fact is that the inheritance law in Taiwan supersede any will written.

The elder Chang's will stipulated that K.W. be made Chairman of the Evergreen Group. His brothers allowed him to hold the Chairman position for about two weeks, which fulfilled the will. Then since they collectively owned more shares, they were able to oust him at a Special Board Meeting called while he was flying a trip (He was a line-qualified 777 CA at EVA).

It'll be interesting to see if the Taiwan market can support three airlines. Hopefully more competition will eventually lead to better pay and work rules.

armchairpilot94116
16th Sep 2019, 05:59
AVIATION: StarLux to start service in January - Taipei Times (http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2019/09/16/2003722353)

Starlux is coming.

armchairpilot94116
9th Dec 2019, 06:11
First Starlux plane arrived in Taiwan 10.29.19 with KW Chang in the left seat. Flights will start fairly soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA2r4KC6pfo

joprato
29th Feb 2020, 14:59
I have got to say, I only looked at their product from afar, but it doesn't look bad at all, quite the contrary.

Anyone has an idea of what the T&Cs would be for expat captains ?

Frankym
29th Feb 2020, 20:00
Does anyone know how much they pay for expat captain or first officer?
Their chairman said they will become the emirates of Taiwan, but I don't consider they will pay as same as emirates. If they pay as emirates that all Taiwanese pilot will go there from EVA, China airlines and tigerair. They don't have to recruit expat...so emirates that's a joke.
Btw, I prefer traditional pilot suit more than their pilot jacket, the jacket looks cheaper.

Global Aviator
1st Mar 2020, 04:03
Definitely the best callsign!!!

May the force be with you.

pedrothepilot
24th Feb 2021, 12:59
Any update on the hiring situation? I've seen it pop up a few times on job sites. Any real plans for recruitment or just data collection at this point?

jemo
1st Mar 2021, 03:31
they replied after many weeks

Phil.
9th Jun 2021, 03:53
I heard that Taiwan civil aviation only accepts First Officers with less that 45yo. Can somebody confirm that?

iggy
9th Jun 2021, 04:06
I have an Asian friend who has recently joined EVA as 777 FO, I don't know his age exactly but I'm pretty sure he is above 45.

Phil.
9th Jun 2021, 04:09
Thanks... Anyone, something written from the civil aviation?

jetjockey696
11th Jun 2021, 15:49
EVA airlines requirement..

Pilots between 40 and 45 years of age need 500 hours on Jet with MTOW > 20 tons and experience with FMC and Glass cockpit,
Pilots above 45 years of age require PIC experience with advanced aircraft, max age is 50,
Bachelor's degree and 2 years working experience OR 5 years working exp. as a commercial pilot,

xfr
28th Jun 2021, 12:36
Has anyone gotten an email for anything besides an acknowledgement?

FL123
29th Jun 2021, 22:37
Nothing yet. Heard that recruitment will begin by year end.

ariel340
9th Jul 2021, 00:37
Is any broker working for Starlux?

xfr
14th Jul 2021, 10:13
Is any broker working for Starlux?
I’ve seen the positions there advertised on some job websites, but I think they’re only recruiting direct.

runway067
9th Aug 2021, 21:01
I’ve seen the positions there advertised on some job websites, but I think they’re only recruiting direct.
they first advertised in 2018 with plans to hire expats. However it is still on hold. I renew my data with them every half year and receive message interviews’ve been postponed.

ariel340
10th Aug 2021, 13:56
they first advertised in 2018 with plans to hire expats. However it is still on hold. I renew my data with them every half year and receive message interviews’ve been postponed.

How do you renew your data? Is there an online form or you simply send a note to the recruitment email address?

xfr
10th Aug 2021, 14:24
How do you renew your data? Is there an online form or you simply send a note to the recruitment email address?
They send you an email asking you to redo the application.

ariel340
19th Nov 2021, 01:30
Has anyone gotten an email for anything besides an acknowledgement?
Nothing, they are like dead.

NoseGear
8th Dec 2021, 23:13
I’m a current A350 Captain in Asia, I applied about 2-3 months ago, never heard a peep back from them. Followed up with an other email asking if they could just confirm they had received my application…..crickets…..no idea what’s happening with them, although with all the covid BS ongoing I’m sure this is heavily impacting their planned schedule and recruitment.

ariel340
25th Dec 2021, 22:27
Received reply a couple of days ago. Says they will start expat recruitment on mid 2022.

bettigio
29th Dec 2021, 11:17
Received reply a couple of days ago. Says they will start expat recruitment on mid 2022.
I received the same message in 2020. Said they would start expat recruitment on mid 2021.
I'm still waiting:}

db07mufan
10th Jun 2022, 02:07
Anyone know the working conditions in Starlux, most importantly the pay for skippers etc

Flyinghigh320
17th Nov 2022, 06:24
May I know the status of Starlux. are they recruiting now?

pilot1611
25th Nov 2022, 03:21
one of my friend there. I heard 14k for captain 320neo before tax. and housing will be supported. I don't know well but they pay a little more than their competitors like eva.

Madp1lot
30th Nov 2022, 07:30
one of my friend there. I heard 14k for captain 320neo before tax. and housing will be supported. I don't know well but they pay a little more than their competitors like eva.

is that USD, EUR or TWD?
Any updates or info about T&C?
I myself have worker for a lot of years just across the straight there.. don't feel like going back tbh, but I don't feel any of this so called "lack of pilots" everyone keeps advertising.. So maybe it is time to pack again towards the FE..

vennnz
2nd Dec 2022, 12:39
Yes, they pay between 1.5k to 2k more than EVA, that's why lots of local are leaving EVA to join STARLUX, specially the ones who where on the A321 that got transferred to the 77

Flyinghigh320
3rd Dec 2022, 08:33
Its hard to apply when you can't get Chief Pilot recommendation and the company don't want to give you one. Is there any alternate from the Chief Pilot recomendation?

Mikeca
24th Dec 2022, 07:22
Looks like they are...

Have you already applied to them?

Giuff
24th Sep 2023, 08:43
Hello
what is the current situation at Starlux?
Do they still hire DECs?

thanks

Merovingio
27th Dec 2023, 15:18
Hi all! any update on this airline?? what kind of First officer are they looking for? A friend apply and was discarded... +2000 hours on type.