PDA

View Full Version : AFAP Opposes Changes to the Act

LeadSled
19th Mar 2019, 01:05
Folks,
I note from today's Australian, the AFAP is using the Max8 issue to start a campaign against the recently announced changes to the Civil Aviation Act 1988 ---- the ones requiring CASA to consider the cost of regulation.
AFAP have not, in my opinion, learnt much in all the years of their existence --- 60 or so ---- excessive and ineffective "over the top" regulation has cost many pilot (and potential member) jobs over the years.
When I get the time (or perhaps somebody else could) I will put a copy of the articles from the Australian today ---- seems a few GA companies going broke as a result of (over) regulation is neither here nor there to the AFAP.
Tootle pip!!

Ng5
19th Mar 2019, 01:32
Looks like the pampered airline pilots strike again. It’s hard to farhom their motives though.

Stikman
19th Mar 2019, 02:32
Didn't the DPM put forward a proposed change that effectively does nothing?

Sunfish
19th Mar 2019, 18:39
Seems like AFAP regards GA and recreational aviation as a form of air pollution. either that or the improbable conclusion is that they are totally ignorant of the risk management science underlying their own trade.

Lead Balloon
19th Mar 2019, 20:13
So the AFAP believes the proposed scam amendment to the Act would have the effect of encouraging more Max8-like issues? I have difficulty in believing the AFAP could descend to that level of muppetry. There must be more to this.

thorn bird
19th Mar 2019, 23:21
Lead balloon,

Perhaps not surprising if what I hear is true.
Doesn't the AFAP membership have a lot of CASA
personnel as their members or am I mixing that up
with the other one?

LeadSled
19th Mar 2019, 23:53
Seems like AFAP regards GA and recreational aviation as a form of air pollution. either that or the improbable conclusion is that they are totally ignorant of the risk management science underlying their own trade.

Sunny,
Both of those thoughts are spot on the mark. Particularly rejection of fundamental principles of risk management --- "absolute safety" is the preferred term.

Thorn Bird,
Again, spot on.

Tootle pip!!