PDA

View Full Version : Jobs with Emirates or DNATA

OSCA
3rd Aug 2002, 05:46
Hi there everyone.
Although I have been reading this forum for quite some time this is my first post. I am trying to get some information regarding working in the middle east for the Emirates group of companies.

I am currently living in Australia and have worked for an Australian carrier for about 1 year in the flight dispatch area and was wondering what opportunies currently existed for employment with Emirates.

So anyone with information regarding - Job opportunities and description, pay and conditions type of accomodation offered as part of the package and lifestyle in Dubai, I would really appreciate your input as I'm looking for a change right now and Emirates from what I've heard is a great employer.

Any comments would be appreciated.
cheers

3 Off The Tee
4th Aug 2002, 14:54
Take a look at the EK/Dnata Career Opportunities Website -

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

You shud find all the info you are looking for here.

Cheers 3 Off The Tee :rolleyes:

Fiction
5th Aug 2002, 03:57
Three off the tee !!!!

I hear you have so much time off,,, you have to refer to a road map to find the way back to work !!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

3 Off The Tee
5th Aug 2002, 05:08
You can never get enough time off !!

Work hard, play hard & there's no better place
than here in the Land of the Sand.

Just can't understand why we can't attract more
expats here? :confused:

Qualifications Required - Crewing experience, likes a beer or two
& has a decent golf handicap :D

AOG007
5th Aug 2002, 22:02
OSCA,

I'm not there yet, but will be in just a few weeks. Having visited Dubai on many occasions, I can confirm that everyone I have ever met, or have been introduced to thoroughly enjoys living in Dubai. It is obviously not everyones cup of tea, but you rarely meet those people.

It can be difficult getting in, but well worth the hard work.

3 Off The Tee,
Nice to see you on here chap. Not long now! Can't wait, its gonna be good!

Give me 12months and maybe I'll be able to beat you on the golf course.

Fiction,
Already bought my Dubai road map for the odd days when one does have to find there way back to the office!
:D

OSCA
6th Aug 2002, 09:23
Hi folks
Thanks for your advice. Don't really have any experience in crewing yet although some may be in the wings in my current job. Currently only have about one years experience but am really wanting a move overseas in the future and Emirates definately seems to be the best option at this stage.

Just for all you guys that are currently over there. Whats the accomodation like that Emirates provide and what sort of money do they they offer for new starts in ops.
Thanks
OSCA

3 Off The Tee
6th Aug 2002, 21:37
Different Jobs offer different packages.

For example -

A despatcher with DNATA would get
a shared appt included in his/her package
but a lower monthly salary.

An ops/crewing job with EK ( unless mgmt ) would
get no appartment but a higher salary to compensate &
of course you have the choice on where you want to live instead
of where the company put you.

Swings n roundabouts OSCA :)

Either way if you have the chance to come & work over here then
personally I can recommend it.

SCARGILL1
7th Aug 2002, 08:57
ARE THERE ANY RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS THAT DEAL WITH COMPANIES IN THAT AREA OF THE WORLD?

MK707
24th Aug 2002, 23:45
Hi 3 Off The Tee!!!

EK doesn`t find Expats for their jobs in the Ops/Crewing-area!!
(can`t believe!!)

Don`t they have millions of applications for a few posts???

Do not drink alcohol and no golf-experience (but Dubai-

experienced ) and willing to move to better climate !!

work-experience is considerably better than golf:

Ops, Dispatch, Crewcontrol, Passengerservice

plus non-aviation-related courses!!

My next step to the sun and as a golf-player:??

emiratesgroupcareers.com???

Have a great day in the sun!!

:eek: :D :D

Fiction
26th Aug 2002, 07:02
Emirates do have shift Crew Scheduling Superintendent vacancies. The positions have been advertised, but suprisingly the response from suitably qualified people has been very poor.

Anyone out there have any thoughts as to why more people have not applied??

Unfortunately the grade offered does not qualify for company accommodation, but could offer a tax free salary of around 25,000 GBP's.:cool: :cool: :cool:

cargoflyer
26th Aug 2002, 09:03
Hello "3-O-t-T" and "Fiction",

sounds like you are somewhat into the picture with EK, or..? :confused:

Looking for expats going to sun/dessert land? Well, any ideas of what this "crewing supervisor" needs to meet in terms of experience (the job posting on the website doesn`t give an awfull lot of answers...) ??? ;)

Anything info on the living costs in OMDB? How easy is it to get something decent to live in ???

Cheers

ETOPS MAN
26th Aug 2002, 10:55
Maybe the reason that Emirates has difficulty attracting people with suitable experience is that although 25000 GBP’s sounds good initially, by the time you take out general living expenses there isn’t much left in the bank.

If you are of a single status, then sure, it is possible that you may benefit. However, if you have a family and subtract the cost of good accommodation, utilities, school fees and general living costs, is the move worth it for you?

For many people to make the move to the Middle East requires more than just a wage that you can exist on, it needs to be financially rewarding. However, I understand that we all have individual reasons to change jobs beyond the pay packet and if Sun/Sand/Slurp is for you, then I guess go for it. Otherwise make sure you do your homework on the living costs especially if you intend to save money while you are there.

Fiction
26th Aug 2002, 11:26
Yes, there is no doubt initially you will take a hit financially setting yourself up, appartment, car, etc etc, but the positions have to be viewed as long term.

How many airlines will accept 20 new aircraft 777.A330 and A340 within the next year and increasing to 110 from 42 by 2008, the future looks bright as a career for progress up the grades within company.

The positions probably would suit single people, without the need to worry about the cost of schooling.

Cost of a decent 2 bed appt. can range between 5-8,000 pounds PA, but there is no doubt you do have more surpless cash "left over" than if working in the UK. Excellent travel benefits and good social life.

But I guess working for Easy at Luton has a certain charm!!!! and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mr Angry from Purley
27th Aug 2002, 20:36
Fiction /3 off the T

Anyone with the experience EK requires are probably going to be settled with their current employers, and probably earning 25k+
overtime or a higher basic if in Mgmt roles. Things changed a few years back and the Crewing salaries came up with competition
between airlines, particularly in the I.T charter market. So the difference in $ is not as big as perhaps the old days

Just checked the emirates web site and job on offer suggesting EK are heading for a Crewing system change. What do they use currently?
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fiction
28th Aug 2002, 04:58
Mr Angry !!!

EK are using SBS Pair/Lines for roster build, full PBS for pilots, 14 day request per month for Cabin and SBS Maestro for tracking. It looks like EK are heading towards Ad-Opt for roster build for both pilot and cabin giving full PBS option for Cabin Crew.

Needless to say Cabin Crew will be in heaven knowing they can request a whole months roster EVERY month based on a rotating seniority system.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

3 Off The Tee
30th Aug 2002, 23:42
ETOPS Man makes a very good point.

If you are single & enjoy a lively social life then OMDB & EK is definately a place to consider.

However if you have your family to relocate as well then maybe the package is not so attractive.

You've also got to look at it in the bigger picture. EK can
offer serious Career Prospects. They are expanding at a rate
of knots & if you are suitably qualified then opportunities
here are in adbundance. You've got to start somewhere.

Remember 25k is Tax Free. What you earn is what you get.

As I say though it's not everyones cup of tea, I'm only speaking
from a personal point of view.

If any of you want any further info on OMDB and/or EK then drop me a line.