PDA

View Full Version : Corporate jobs in Philippines

HVYMETAL
17th Mar 2019, 09:39
Curious about corporate aviation jobs over there. I'm intimately familiar with the culture and have spent months and weeks at a time in the Visayas and Manila. Looks like Cebu Pacific is no good and I'm not that interested in airline flying anyways, so I'm curious about the options for typed and non-typed expats. I have FAA licenses, ATP, active CFI certs, 5000+TT with 2200 jet and 600 TPIC King Air, 3 jet type ratings and airline experience.

Black Crow
17th Mar 2019, 13:03
Curious about corporate aviation jobs over there. I'm intimately familiar with the culture and have spent months and weeks at a time in the Visayas and Manila. Looks like Cebu Pacific is no good and I'm not that interested in airline flying anyways, so I'm curious about the options for typed and non-typed expats. I have FAA licenses, ATP, active CFI certs, 5000+TT with 2200 jet and 600 TPIC King Air, 3 jet type ratings and airline experience.

They are available, but not desirable. You will be paid like a local, i.e. low wages.

Not worth wasting your time with.

krismiler
18th Mar 2019, 07:59
Also work permit problems as well, VERY difficult for a foreigner to get a wp as so many locals are unemployed or working abroad.

BAe 146-100
18th Mar 2019, 11:56
Your experience is useless if you do not have pinoy connections.

Blohm
18th Mar 2019, 14:30
Your experience is useless if you do not have pinoy connections.
neppotism at its best. One eye, one leg and no brain equals astronaut over there. If connected. Worked with many, few were good.

HVYMETAL
19th Mar 2019, 02:28
Fair points, thanks for the heads up.

fdr
30th Mar 2019, 03:44
pm me for an alternative.