PDA

View Full Version : GC suing

PanZa-Lead
16th Mar 2019, 16:28
Hope the GC members aren’t using AOA money in their law suit

Flying Clog
16th Mar 2019, 17:21
What's this all about? Who are they suing and why? Add content...

Frogman1484
16th Mar 2019, 21:52
I hope the guy who accused them of the things on the forum, can back it up with facts, or he is going to be in a pickle.

quadspeed
16th Mar 2019, 22:26
Seriously. Take this to the website.

What other pilot organization does this. Washing its dirty laundy in public? Uprofessional at best, spoiled twats at best.

Where the f()ck are the grown ups?

mngmt mole
17th Mar 2019, 00:01
This is the end result of a narcissistic, dysfunctional union leadership. Regardless of whether or not members of the GC feel "violated", they should have enough concern for the greater long-term good of the union to avoid getting involved in suing an individual member. If it wasn't for the sheer exasperation caused by the last few years of inept AOA leadership, there wouldn't be members who have reached their limit of tolerance. If this lawsuit goes ahead, then it could be the end of the AOA. Further, what on earth does Haldenes think they are doing, representing the GC members? They are supposed to be available for ALL AOA members, therefore they have no place in being part of a lawsuit against an individual member. What a disgraceful law firm (and almost certainly guilty of conflict of interest). Seriously guys, grow up. You were involved in a AOA GC that failed miserably. Now, you are showing yourselves to be petty and vindictive. Drop the suit, now.

unitedabx
17th Mar 2019, 04:35
This is the end result of a narcissistic, dysfunctional union leadership. Regardless of whether or not members of the GC feel "violated", they should have enough concern for the greater long-term good of the union to avoid getting involved in suing an individual member. If it wasn't for the sheer exasperation caused by the last few years of inept AOA leadership, there wouldn't be members who have reached their limit of tolerance. If this lawsuit goes ahead, then it could be the end of the AOA. Further, what on earth does Haldenes think they are doing, representing the GC members? They are supposed to be available for ALL AOA members, therefore they have no place in being part of a lawsuit against an individual member. What a disgraceful law firm (and almost certainly guilty of conflict of interest). Seriously guys, grow up. You were involved in a AOA GC that failed miserably. Now, you are showing yourselves to be petty and vindictive. Drop the suit, now.

It's deflection. The members should be taking legal action against the GC for dereliction of duty.

cannot
17th Mar 2019, 05:04
That’s a bit like suing your wife because she called you an ass hole when you forgot her birthday .
this is not something that you do . If this goes ahead then I suspect hundreds will leave the union . I most certainly will .
so someone said something bad about you because they were frustrated at the way the GC was handling things . Get over it and grow up

unitedabx
17th Mar 2019, 05:09
That’s a bit like suing your wife because she called you an ass hole when you forgot her birthday .
this is not something that you do . If this goes ahead then I suspect hundreds will leave the union . I most certainly will .
so someone said something bad . Get over it and grow up

As I said it's deflection by the GC to hide their incompetence.

kenfoggo
17th Mar 2019, 07:18
As I said it's deflection by the GC to hide their incompetence.
I resigned from the HKAOA when the GC recommended to the Members that they should vote “Yes” to accept the offer.
I left because I had grave doubts about the motives and integrity of a GC which, in my opinion, would so blatantly act against the interests of the Members which it purports to represent.
The true nature and character of these 9 has now been revealed as they sue one of their own Members.
I can think of fewer acts more disgraceful.

Amber Vibes
17th Mar 2019, 08:27
Yup. You can't make this $hit up. I'm sure upper management is having a good chuckle over this. Who knows, maybe they planted the seed of the idea to do this.

Perhaps it is also time to look for a new law firm. I'm sure this firm explained the concept of a Chinese Wall, but...yeah... no. I can not wrap my head around the idea that the very law firm that is supposed to represent all of you as a body encouraged one member of that body to sue another. You just can't make it up.

I know there are many motions already put forward, but is there one to preclude union reps from profiting from their elected positions?

Farman Biplane
17th Mar 2019, 09:40
Farcical!
Perhaps the “idiotic 352” feel slandered and defamed after the leaking of that document. They could all use the “free hour” and collectively hit up the author for $17.6 million?

AB335
17th Mar 2019, 12:03
Whether these 9 people have a claim or not, the very act of suing a union member base on what he said on an internal forum is not an act of unity. On this basis alone these 9 people should resign immediately from the HKAOA if they want to continue their war path.

Sqwak7700
17th Mar 2019, 14:29
so someone said something bad . Get over it and grow up

Except that member being sued did not say anything bad. Unless you consider a motion for removal of leadership, something “bad”.

Can you imagine the court case? Judge asking the sensitive 9 if they are really suing because ... “feelings”. :ugh:

Apple Tree Yard
17th Mar 2019, 16:26
Regardless of whether or not the GC members felt "defamed", there is a price that comes with a position of leadership, and that is basically putting up with a bit of aggro. What you don't do is sue one of your own members, for something that nearly all of us quietly agree with. GC, you (most of you) went off on a tangent, remained insular and lost focus on the issues that your membership was insisting on having a proper resolution to. Instead, you "recommended" a wholly inadequate proposal that attained nothing that was expected. Then you seemed become all offended that your members (who you are supposed to represent) were outraged that you basically failed on every level that was your responsibility. This latest action is only covering your shame with disgrace. Drop the suit now and instead have a meeting at AOA office with the person you are "mad" at and resolve things. If this goes to court, then you will not only have been responsible for a failed TA, but possibly the end of the AOA itself. Grow the F up.

Apple Tree Yard
17th Mar 2019, 16:32
Oh, and Haldanes. You are a cretinous lawfirm, and I will make it my mission to see you replaced as the AOA's legal firm. You couldn't even have enough common sense to declare a conflict of interest and recommend a different firm. Don't want to see all those juicy fees going to some other lawyer do we??? Disgraceful.

Amber Vibes
17th Mar 2019, 17:22
Oh, and Haldanes. You are a cretinous lawfirm, and I will make it my mission to see you replaced as the AOA's legal firm. You couldn't even have enough common sense to declare a conflict of interest and recommend a different firm. Don't want to see all those juicy fees going to some other lawyer do we??? Disgraceful.

Haldanes is probably operating under the concept of a Chinese Wall. I have always found this concept dubious....

Chinese Wall Definition (http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/C/ChineseWall.aspx)

RAT Management
18th Mar 2019, 00:36
Aren't all lawyers cretinous. Hence the amount of lawyer jokes out there. Best advice I ever got was to never use a lawyer for anything other than wills and property purchase. All other problems are best solved by walking away. Or violence, just talk to your local Mafia representative, they can make problems and problem lawyers go away much cheaper than a lawyer can.

Frogman1484
18th Mar 2019, 02:06
If the guy can prove his accusations are correct, then he has nothing to fear.

Air Profit
18th Mar 2019, 17:06
No Frogman, he shouldn't have to deal with it at all. This shows nothing but juvenile petulance and an appalling disregard for common sense and the greater good. These children need to drop this suit now (and Haldane's needs ejecting as our "legal representative"). I've never seen something so petty and misguided. If any of us were in doubt as to whether or not the GC members needed ejecting, this has cleared up that question.

Dilbert68
18th Mar 2019, 23:36
This is the end of the HKAOA. All caused by a petty, vidictive and completely out of touch GC. You disgust me.

Progress Wanchai
18th Mar 2019, 23:53
I agree Frogman.

It’d be nice to know some facts rather than vitriol. Unfortunately we now live in the age of Trump where loud and bold statements are given more credibility than referenced data.

For once I’d like to see a question answered or a statement backed up rather than the question itself being the focus of attention or a statement made with no supporting evidence.
Of course that won’t happen here. The fake headlines generate more discussion than the quietly asked questions.

Read again the title of this thread for just one example. My understanding is no one is presently being sued, and the association is not involved. It seems to be a member with a grievance with another member asking for a please explain. Admittedly handled in a way i wouldn’t have but then again I’m not privy to all the facts so my opionion carries no weight.

cxorcist
19th Mar 2019, 01:45
How and why this GC hasn’t put all of themselves up for re-election against any and all members wishing to run against them is absolutely beyond me. None of them, including the Chairman, will have any credibility until re-elected. In sum, the union’s business cannot resume until all of those who recommended a YES vote have been held accountable for the TA’s failure.

PS - It has nothing to do with Trump, just like the NZ massacre.

Frogman1484
19th Mar 2019, 04:07
I agree, we should scrap the whole GC and start from fresh. Let’s vote for the lot of them.

AnAmusedReader
19th Mar 2019, 13:22
But, Fman and others, will there then be a GC? As I have posted before, we all read the complaints about this (and previous) GC's but I don't see the moaners rushing to take over.
AAR

unitedabx
19th Mar 2019, 15:04
But, Fman and others, will there then be a GC? As I have posted before, we all read the complaints about this (and previous) GC's but I don't see the moaners rushing to take over.
AAR

Kick the current lot out and we can take our chances forming a new GC.

Frogman1484
19th Mar 2019, 23:32
Everyone should reapply for their posts!

cxorcist
20th Mar 2019, 00:37

Agreed. The HKAOA is better off having a small GC than one which is not representative of the membership.

unitedabx
20th Mar 2019, 01:08

Kick them out. If they want to re-apply let them but get them out first.