PDA

View Full Version : need career advise

leo_ding
16th Mar 2019, 13:52
First of all, Thanks for the time to read my post, it may take some time to read through and sorry for my typing as English is not my first language.

I Did my basic training in Canada back to 2012 obtained my CPL + IFR on self-funding then went back to China for hunting my first job in a local general aviation company of king air 350 for aerial mapping.
Currently have almost 1000 TT with 700 hours on king air, Holding TC CANADA, FA A, CAAC license.

And it's about time let me thinking what is next step.
For some of you might have heard for pilot job changing in China is quite tricky in China as people usually facing ridiculous amount of the money for compensation company would ask for you.
Of course, you can deal with them in court however that might takes years, and you won't be able to get a new flying job till the matter is solved or you can pay them with large amounts of the money.

So that's my concern No.1 with insufficient money to buy myself out.

For those of you who are working in China or ready to go there might have experienced the quite high medical standard to get the pilot class one medical certificate in China.
For myself (Chinese citizen) , if I would like to join the part 121 I have to take even higher medical stander to get unlimited class one medical certificate (I only have part 91/135 limited certificate) , the reason why they are doing that because, for quite some time, it has been the company send students to training from the very beginning so what they do is screen out what they think it's fit, at least physically .

My concern No.2 has trouble to get the unlimited class one medical certificate done, I tried and it failed, it's possible to get that done, but it would cost something.

Overall, it's quite hard for me to change a job in China, so I'm thinking hunting job out of the country, I've been doing my homework, it seems FAA license it's quite popular in SE ASIA and I got that by converted From my Canadian license.

Next I'm thinking to self-funding for getting A320 TR, I know it's quite a dumb move, and I know even I got 320 TR it's still unlikely wouldn't get a job with 0 hours on type . to be honest I don't really want to go down the road with P2F , however I might have to do that at some point if I truely want to some career change.

I know a lot of people here have their thoughts about P2F for people like me going to be with 0 hours on 320 TR, so I would be really grateful for some advise given my complex personal situation

Also would be grateful if you can answer those questions :

1) where Shall I go in the US for getting A320 TR , panam seems to have a good reputation on this forum , I called it says the rate has up to 18,000.

2) Can I put TR on my FAA CPL as I haven't written the ATPL written , does that matter?

Thanks
Liang

Ilyushin76
16th Mar 2019, 19:06
I know some pilots with 2000 plus hours on the 320 and still no employment. Be careful when you take the p2f decision :)

leo_ding
16th Mar 2019, 22:43
2000 TT? what about the "pilot shortage" everybody has been talking about..:ugh:

parkfell
17th Mar 2019, 12:08
You need to acquire a Class One Medical appropriate to your licence issuer. NO POINT spending money on training unless this can be secured.
Then Complete the written exams for the ATPL.

leo_ding
17th Mar 2019, 13:05
You need to acquire a Class One Medical appropriate to your licence issuer. NO POINT spending money on training unless this can be secured.
Then Complete the written exams for the ATPL.

I could able to acquire a class one medical from FAA and TC CANADA , have trouble to get unlimited class one from CAAC , this will be a issue if I want to get a airline job in china.

uncle dickie
17th Mar 2019, 14:08
Without spilling the beans, what areas are the Chinese class1 medicals so much stricter?
I hear BMI index can be an issue?

You might get assistance from the MEDICAL section on Pprune?

leo_ding
17th Mar 2019, 22:48
Without spilling the beans, what areas are the Chinese class1 medicals so much stricter?
I hear BMI index can be an issue?

You might get assistance from the MEDICAL section on Pprune?

Yes , BMI could be a problem, if you over specific standard, and I believe Kidney stones would be a failure.

The Chinese class one medicals have 3 standards,

1) annual renewal standard (higher than FAA Class one stander ) which applies for those of you who get your CPL and ready to work in China

2) initial 91/135 standard with limitation only operation in 91/135 for Chinese citizen ( higher than annual renewal standard)

3) initatl 121 standards with no limation at all , much higher than those above ( higher than US astronaut I believe ) for my personal experience I have Fundus lesions,Found after divergence which is a failure.

leo_ding
24th Mar 2019, 00:39
any more advice would be really appreciated