PDA

View Full Version : B25 Mitchells Do fly in IMC

BBCapt
15th Mar 2019, 16:22
An heartfelt appeal, my copy of this breath-taking film has got corrupted. PLEASE does anyone have a DVD rip or any other sort of copy? I was bereft!
Thanks in advance Guys, if ANYONE has it, it will be a Ppruner I recon!

Self loading bear
15th Mar 2019, 16:27
Ready available on the web?

B25 (https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2520800/)

wub
15th Mar 2019, 17:27
https://classicaviationtv3.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2348248

Dr Jekyll
16th Mar 2019, 10:02
It's ironic that the entire exercise was for a few minutes of screen time in a film far less remembered than the film about the flights.

BBCapt
16th Mar 2019, 12:29
Thanks SLB & wub, sadly those links are just data or dead. I think I might be on the trail however, thanks fo another kind Ppruner.

sargon
16th Mar 2019, 12:40
I am not allowed to post URLs yet but if you goto airlinetv dot net and search for B25 the film comes up in 5 parts.

cyflyer
16th Mar 2019, 15:05
ANYONE has it, it will be a Ppruner I recon!
You recon right ! I have it from way back then, was on videotape, I transfered it to dvd more years ago than I care to remember. However, I have to find it, I do have it, its in one of my storage boxes and I will dig for it when next in the storage. Watch this space for updates.

a film far less remembered than the film about the flights.
I don't know, anything with Harrison Ford can't be all that bad.

BBCapt
16th Mar 2019, 17:34
Cheers Mes Amis! As usual Pprune to the rescue!

ajay16
18th Mar 2019, 22:09
This was actually on YouTube until around a month ago, a guy called David Navone had it on his uploads.
I watched it November sometime and thought 'I must download that while it's online just in case', low and behold it was taken down and now there isn't a copy anywhere.

If you do find it please let me know, it was an awesome watch.

The AvgasDinosaur
19th Mar 2019, 16:36
Are any of these five B-25 Mitchells still either in U.K. or flying elsewhere?
Thanks for you time and trouble,
Be lucky
David

treadigraph
19th Mar 2019, 18:50
Brenda's Boys, N86427 - Museo del Aire, Cuatro Vientos AB, Madrid
Marvellous Miriam, N9115Z - RAF Museum, Hendon
Big Bad Bonnie, N9455Z - Latshaw Drilling & Exploration Co, Tulsa OK (airworthy?)
Gorgeous George-Anne, N9494Z - Brussels Air Museum Foundation, Belgium
Amazing Andrea, N7681C - Musee de l'Air, Paris, destroyed in hangar fire at Dugny, 1990.

Jhieminga
19th Mar 2019, 18:51
44-29121 N86427 Museo del Aire, Madrid.
44-29366 N9115Z Traded to RAF museum.
44-30210 N9455Z Still owned by Dave Tallichet.
44-30925 N9494Z Brussels Air Museum Foundation.
44-86701 N7681C Destroyed in museum fire Paris.

Edit: you beat me to it! ;)

LynxDriver
21st Mar 2019, 02:50
This was actually on YouTube until around a month ago, a guy called David Navone had it on his uploads.
I watched it November sometime and thought 'I must download that while it's online just in case', low and behold it was taken down and now there isn't a copy anywhere.

If you do find it please let me know, it was an awesome watch.

David Navone still has it on there but its blocked in some countries for reasons of copyright. Maybe contact him via Youtube?

Jhieminga
21st Mar 2019, 07:33
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/863/40158334785_89962ce0a9_c.jpgB-25_Hendon_March2016 by Jelle Hieminga, on Flickr
This is the only one of those five that's still in the UK.

ajay16
25th Mar 2019, 16:41
David Navone still has it on there but its blocked in some countries for reasons of copyright. Maybe contact him via Youtube?

I had contacted him via YT but had no reply.
Your reply made me wonder if it wasn't blocked in other countries, I found a site that tells you where videos are blocked. It turns out Kosovo and Somalia it was unblocked.
I proxied to an address in Kosovo and hey presto it worked.
I then downloaded it, it's poor quality at 270p but it's better than not having it at all. It look as though it was transferred form VHS by the hiss on the audio.

I've removed the background static/hissing, recoloured it all to and exported it at 720p. I've also cropped in to make a widescreen version.
This is just an infill until Cyflyer finds his copy as no doubt it will be of better quality.

I can't post the links as I have less than 10 posts on here, they're in my Google Drive so DM me if you're after them I guess?

cyflyer
26th Mar 2019, 22:58
This is just an infill until Cyflyer finds his copy as no doubt it will be of better quality
Just to reassure our friend, that I do have it, and will update as soon as I find it. You got me wanting to see those B25's flying to the sounds of 'Albatros' again, sheer magic !

PS, so what was the story of the loss of Jeff Hawke after his body found at the bottom of the Adriatic ?

treadigraph
27th Mar 2019, 01:00
He was thought to have possibly been gun running into one of the former Yugoslavian states. I recall an article at the time his body was recovered with the wreckage of G-OESX saying something like he'd told somebody "this is the big one"....

AAIB report (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5422f00aed915d13740002db/Piper_PA-23-250_Aztec_E__G-OESX_08-94.pdf)...

Stearperson
5th Apr 2019, 22:12

Edit: you beat me to it! ;)

Dave Tallichet is no longer with us.
It is possible that the plane is owned by his son or his corporation.

GeeRam
6th Apr 2019, 12:39
Dave Tallichet is no longer with us.
It is possible that the plane is owned by his son or his corporation.

See post #11 above.

a/c sold from Tallichet ownership in 2002, and since 2014 in the ownership of Trent Latshaw in Tulsa, and yes its currently airworthy (and in its Big Bad Bonnie nose art)

Jhieminga
6th Apr 2019, 19:18
Apologies, the list I used was outdated. Treadigraph got it right in post #11.

Archer4
9th Apr 2019, 14:12

To add:
108-32782 (44-32782) N320SQ / PH-XXV Royal Netherlands Air Force Historical Flight
44-86893 A N6123C Red Bull Salzburg

Jhieminga
10th Apr 2019, 13:24
The question was about the five B-25s from the documentary only. If we're going to list all the surviving Mitchells we're going to be here a while...;)

cyflyer
1st May 2019, 07:16
BBCapt, sorry for delay, but as I like keeping my promises, at last I found it ! Its not blueray quality, its a 40 year old TV program that was on vhs then transfered to dvd, but it is ok. It even has the commercial break ads on it. PM me a postal address and I'll send you a dvd copy with my compliments.

If others do have desire to see it, I may upload it to youtube, let me know.

Dave Gittins
10th May 2019, 12:55
Mmmm got it on VHS someplace .. after I lost the original my mate Colin James got it from one of his Dan Air colleagues .. that's how long ago it was. Must find out how to turn VHSs into DVDs then can watch the other old things like "Reaching for the Skies" .. the documentary series not Douglas Bader and "Test Pilot" again.

cyflyer
11th May 2019, 00:08
got it on VHS someplace .. after I lost the original my mate Colin James got it from one of his Dan Air colleagues
Dave, and you lost it again ? If you don't get sorted out, at least I have a copy and we can sort you out. "Reaching for the Skies", thats going back a few years, excellent series, wasn't that narrated by the actor Antony Quale, and the intro began in the Smithsonian Air Museum ? I have that as well transfered to dvd. I used to hoard loads of these old aviation series, and i'm glad I did. Notice how they don't make series like that any more ? Another excellent one was "Hunters in the Sky". Haven't heard back from BBCapt yet. Dave, any relation to a ww2 pilot ? There was a Gittins Beaufighter pilot.

treadigraph
11th May 2019, 00:13
Reaching for the skies. The clip with the Martin Mars. And Bill Bowker in the Pawnee. "Not a bad bad landing if I say so myself but don't say it too loud or the next one will be a real shocker!" Wonderful series

LynxDriver
11th May 2019, 02:41
Reaching for the skies. The clip with the Martin Mars. And Bill Bowker in the Pawnee. "Not a bad bad landing if I say so myself but don't say it too loud or the next one will be a real shocker!" Wonderful series

Go forth and filleth ye boots! Reaching for the Skies Episode 1

cyflyer
11th May 2019, 08:37
Seems I got my series's mixed up, Reaching for the Skies was Antony Quale, but not the one with the intro at the Smithsonian. It will come to me.

treadigraph
12th May 2019, 10:58
Thanks LynxDriver - some memories there. I now think I was actually recalling the John Peel-narrated Classic Aircraft; wonder if I've got it on DVD somewhere?

cyflyer
7th Jul 2019, 10:49
BBCapt, just spotted your PM, will sort out for you. I hadn't heard anything for so long that forgot about the thread and stopped monitoring it for ages .

nohold
19th Oct 2019, 13:14
I can recommend the following....

DVD (and an info booklet) of "Flight of the Mitchells B-25s do fly in IMC" can be ordered from Steve Richards of Richards Publishing....

[email protected]

..price GBP 15.95.

I have no financial connection to the above but I am a happy customer.

blind pew
19th Oct 2019, 13:57
No health and safety..was at Dijon and had been bought by a mate and his partner in crime,
A couple of guys from north weald were working on the motors and showed me the deceleration creases on the fusalage. It had flown back from canada and the local mayor who was a friend of the then owner wanted a flight..it ran out of fuel and went into a recently harvested field hence the creases.
Unfortunately my mate didnt have the balls to fly it himself..ex swiss fighters, Swissair and executive jets so I never got a ride although I would have given it my best shot.
He had turned down flying hunters for thundercity even though he had 10 years experience.
Last I heard is that it was repositioned to Paris area but that was more than a decade ago.

bobdh478
19th Oct 2019, 14:08
BBCapt, sorry for delay, but as I like keeping my promises, at last I found it ! Its not blueray quality, its a 40 year old TV program that was on vhs then transfered to dvd, but it is ok. It even has the commercial break ads on it. PM me a postal address and I'll send you a dvd copy with my compliments.

If others do have desire to see it, I may upload it to youtube, let me know.
Certainly do, yes please!

shadowrichards
1st Nov 2019, 21:23
Please do not upload this film to Youtube as I currently hold the copyright for this programme. I have previously had an illegal posting removed under copyright infringement. A legitimate DVD released last month is available.

shadowrichards
2nd Nov 2019, 17:04
Did you know that one of the B25s used in Hanover Street is under restoration in Belgium? Tthe fuselage was, in fact, loaned to the film makers of the recent TV adaptation of Catch 22 broadcast in the UK earlier this year.

The AvgasDinosaur
2nd Nov 2019, 20:29
Please do not upload this film to Youtube as I currently hold the copyright for this programme. I have previously had an illegal posting removed under copyright infringement. A legitimate DVD released last month is available.
Where from please, (by PM if preferred ) my VHS copy is just about timex and my Betamax is unplayable due to lack of equipment.
Be lucky
David

shadowrichards
3rd Nov 2019, 12:49
Look at posting #31 above.

The AvgasDinosaur
3rd Nov 2019, 17:50
Look at posting #31 above.
Got it now. Sorry missed that first time round.
Thanks
David

shadowrichards
6th Nov 2019, 18:25
Last year, when I was researching for my articles in Aeroplane magazine (July and August) in respect of the five B-25 Mitchells for the film Hanover Street, I couldn't get to the bottom of Aztec N9990Q which appeared to be integral to the party! The aircraft was present at both Bovingdon and Little Rissington. I suspect that subsequently it was connected to Lester Addy who was one of the ferry pilots on the Mitchell known as Always Dangerous (N9115Z). Does anyone know the Aztec's significance? We should not be confused with another Aztec (G-BJDH) which was a cameraship also at Little Rissington. Interestingly, as far as I recall, there were no air-to-air sequences in the final cut of Hanover Street.

RFF3
16th May 2021, 11:18
Just purchased a new DVD copy with info book through Amazon @ £16.95 - original tape had to be unstuck so one or two marks but otherwise absolutely fantastic, after searching for many years and seeing a brief glimpse on YouTube which then disappeared...

Jhieminga
16th May 2021, 15:57
See post #31 above. Someone made a £1 profit!

Edit: only two left from the 2019 DVD reissue: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203174181907?hash=item2f4e1ffc13:g:65UAAOSwWplfdzhC

shadowrichards
17th May 2021, 18:50
Just purchased a new DVD copy with info book through Amazon @ £16.95 - original tape had to be unstuck so one or two marks but otherwise absolutely fantastic, after searching for many years and seeing a brief glimpse on YouTube which then disappeared...

The film makers shot it on photographic film not video tape and it was this which had some moisture issues in the film cannisters.

The YouTube posting was removed when this official version was released, the former being a poor copy taken from the TV when the programme went out on Channel 4 in 1984.

See post number 31 where you can get it for £15.95 post free.