PDA

View Full Version : Paypal payment transfer question.

lossiemouth
15th Mar 2019, 13:45
I've had a payment on paypal, it was from £s to €s. All I can see is the amount I've received quoted in Euros. Is there anyway of finding out the amount originally sent, and the exchange rate used? Looking at the rather disappointing amount, I was wondering if I've been charged a fee.

Thanks in advance.

kar42
15th Mar 2019, 14:20
When logged in got to Activity, then Statements. Play around with date ranges under the custom heading and you should see both the original currency value and the value transferred to your bank account (if the balance is zero).
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/961x167/capture_0748751470aa854f669e1a61b3e37acc6f4070b8.png

lossiemouth
15th Mar 2019, 15:22
Thanks kar, I've had a go, and I'm still only seeing "sent by *****, and under that Total. All in Euro's. The plot thickens.

Harry Wayfarers
16th Mar 2019, 02:13
I receive a lot of payments from different nationalities that all arrive in to my PayPal in my local currency, I've just had a browse thru activity etc. and it doesn't show the amount sent in that different currency.

The only time I've seen something similar is when, as an example, I buy something on eBay in AUD and I pay with PHP then it tells me the exchange rate I've copped.

You won't have been charged a fee, the fee is paid by the sender unless the payment is to a nominated friend or family member and the money comes from a PayPal balance when no fee is payable by either party.

But PayPal have their buy-at rates and their sell-at rates which they aren't particularly generous regarding so I guess that you have received a few cents/pence per unit less than you were hoping for and PayPal's exchange rates would account for that.

lossiemouth
16th Mar 2019, 10:44
Thanks HW, looks like your right, they must be making a decent living on the exchange rate !