PDA

View Full Version : GCAA verification letter

Rainman7
13th Mar 2019, 08:27
Has anyone been able to get the GCAA verification letter, no incidents/accidents letter recently. Is Emirates still trying to hold their pilots hostage and keep them from leaving for better jobs in China, by keeping the GCAA from issuing this required letter?

amovolare
17th Mar 2019, 18:50
you can get it online in 5 minutes, i just did, cost 200 Dhr.

Wizofoz
17th Mar 2019, 19:51
BUT that isn't the only letter the Chinese require.

Rainman7
17th Mar 2019, 21:17
They won’t accept the letter in its current format from the GCAA, due to the fact that it no longer states no incidents/accidents, only that your license is not under suspension. Is this an attempt to prevent people from going to China by EK? No pilots from UAE are being hired is what I am being told, due to this fact. If so, completely unethical and vindictive on Ek’s part, to try and prevent people from getting better jobs elsewhere. Just wondering if anyone has circumvented this lately and been successful getting a letter with the required wording.

cerbus
17th Mar 2019, 22:46
And pilots still want to join EK with all the truthful postings that appear here.

FlightDetent
17th Mar 2019, 23:16
Many EASA NAAs do not include the No Incident / Accident clauses. The No Accident / No incident statement, together with the required No Security Breach certificate from the Company should suffice.

Capn Rex Havoc
18th Mar 2019, 04:58
China won't accept letters from the employer, It has to be from the Authority ie GCAA.

FlightDetent
18th Mar 2019, 09:12
It has to be from the Authority ie GCAA. I have no specific experience from UAE or EK to share, but I've seen accepted otherwise just recently.

Even if the protocols for these administrative tasks may have slight variance, more often than not it is actually mis-coordination and Chinese Whispers on the link between the relevant Bureau and the applicant. Good luck to everyone.

Emma Royds
30th Mar 2019, 06:09
Has anyone tried applying using your licence used with previous employment, instead of your GCAA licence?

Ayody171
24th Nov 2019, 23:46
Is this still an issue for EK pilots trying to transition to China?