PDA

View Full Version : Ebay shutting down

Fareastdriver
11th Mar 2019, 20:08
This started this afternoon:

Select Ebay and the site home page comes up. Almost immediately comes a warning that Internet has stopped working and Windows (W7) is closing the program to solve the problem. Try again and it comes up with the same message again; and again and again.

Everything else is fine; it's just Ebay.

Is anybody else having the same trouble?

rans6andrew
11th Mar 2019, 22:09
It is working just fine for me. Linux Mint 18.x. @2205 hrs.

jimjim1
12th Mar 2019, 20:06
First step for weird behaviour with a specific site is to clear its cookies.

It is possible to clear individual cookies but unless you can't stand to lose saved passwords it is probably best just to clear them all out. I am not an expert on cookies but I assume that it may not be straightforward to identify all the relevant ones in any case although I have successfully done it a few times and the names were as expected.

One way to easily test is to use a Private Window (google calls it Incognito Mode in chrome) which by definition has no stored cookies when you open it. Or use a different browser which will not have the corrupted cookies.

Guest 112233
12th Mar 2019, 20:32
It is working just fine for me. Linux Mint 18.x. @2205 hrs.

I've just tested my EBAY link without problems - All i can suggest is to clear the cookies & run your anti - virus scans etc - Ubuntu 16.04 (updated to night ) @20.30 - F secure has an interactive router test utility (it may be basic - but-worth a try ! ) - Firefox 65.0.1 in use. No updates pending.

CAT III

Fareastdriver
12th Mar 2019, 20:58
I tried another computer with Ubuntu and Firefox and that was OK. Went back to the original with W7 and IE, cleared cookies but still the same. It has Firefox as a backup and that works fine so it is a problem with my Internet Explorer. I don't want to change over to Firefox, I am happier with IE but I will reload IE 11 and see if that cures it.

jimjim1
12th Mar 2019, 21:59
First step for weird behaviour with a specific site is to clear its cookies.

and browser cache

Fareastdriver
13th Mar 2019, 12:23
I turned on my computer this morning to check ebay before reloading IE 11 and it was still the same.. I had something to do in the house so I turned my computer off. During the shutdown it flagged up that it was downloading 3 Windows updates.

On starting it went through the actions of updating my computer. I then opened my IE 11 browser and tried ebay.

Peeerrrrfect!

It must have been something to do with W7 that Microsoft has fixed.

Edited: It's playing up again. I will change to Firefox but I cannot see how to rearrange my bookmarks in alphabetical order. Sliding them up or down the list doesn't seem to work.

Jhieminga
13th Mar 2019, 17:19
Click on 'Bookmarks' - 'Show All Bookmarks' to open the separate window. Rearrange as you see fit within that window (that's what works on my Mac...).

Procrastinus
13th Mar 2019, 17:37
Try this for Firefox: Bookmarks > Show all Bookmarks > Click on folder in left pane you want to organize > Views > Sort > A-Z Sort Order.