PDA

View Full Version : Staff standby at LHR

cannot
9th Mar 2019, 10:36
Hi , a question for the uk based staff or anyone else who can help , is there a dedicated staff standby area for BA flights departing from LHR TERMINAL 3. or do we check in at the departure gate for the particular flight in the same manner as the passengers .
If there is a dedicated staff standby area please could someone tell me where it is located . Many thanks for your help

wiggy
9th Mar 2019, 11:44
Which Terminal?

Flying Clog
9th Mar 2019, 13:00
posted in error

wiggy
9th Mar 2019, 13:25
Ok working on the assumption the OP is using T5 I think the few manned staff travel desks have now moved to Zone E (centre of the rear wall of departures level, beyond the self service machines/commercial check in desks, midway between the entrances for North and South Security) they are labelled “ Flight Management” and possibly “Rebate Travel”...there is no longer a staff travel standby room.

Not sure about the exact deal with non BA staff but the very first option is usually to try checking in using the booking ref/PNR using one of the automated machines, if that doesn’t produce a seat and leaves the OP on standby then I’d suggest they should then head for one of the E zone desks...if in doubt there will probably be some lurking staff around who might be able to help out.

No longer ATC
9th Mar 2019, 18:50
(Ex BA staff here)
Assuming T5? Try your booking ref in one of the self service machines just in front of check in..if you have a seat , all well n good,print your boarding card, dump your bags at the bag drop desks and off you go. If no seat allocated, have a chat with one of the many staff hanging around the self service machines. I've always found them really helpful. Which flight are you aiming for ? I can check the loads if you like x

spannersatcx
9th Mar 2019, 19:18
Wiggly is correct, also if on DT and booking is waitlisted the system automatically cancels your booking at -48hrs, there is a work around to keep the booking in the system though. Think it’s on staff travel site on intracx , basically you have to go to the ba id website and put your booking in there the system then keeps your booking alive. No need if confirmed DT though.

cannot
9th Mar 2019, 22:38
Thanks a million for the responses so far, I’m sorry I should have stated it’s terminal 3
My apologies but thanks for the great info I will keep it for future ref.
Not ATC , I really appreciate the offer to check the loads for me , it’s a flight to Las Vegas but I’m not planning on travelling for a few weeks. However if I could pm you closer to the date I would be very grateful

Fly747
9th Mar 2019, 23:28
In T3 there is a desk facing the entrance to the terminal near the BA check ins that I found very helpful last time I went through there.

No longer ATC
10th Mar 2019, 13:44
Thanks a million for the responses so far, I’m sorry I should have stated it’s terminal 3
My apologies but thanks for the great info I will keep it for future ref.
Not ATC , I really appreciate the offer to check the loads for me , it’s a flight to Las Vegas but I’m not planning on travelling for a few weeks. However if I could pm you closer to the date I would be very grateful

Sure thing Cannot.....now if anyone would like to return the favour and check a CX load for me....