PDA

View Full Version : Rotorheads Own Jetblast Forum

weedflier
2nd Aug 2002, 18:42
There have been a few postings on Rotorheads regarding having a new forum akin to Jetblast for rotary wing aviators. What do you think Rotorheads? Maybe if we take a poll (yes I know, yawn, yawn etc) it would become apparent whether or not we think it's worth having our own hot and angry page! If it looks worthwhile maybe we could have some suggestions for a name. I saw Rotor Blast, Downwash, Vortex Ring mentioned. How about Quickstop or Helipad?:cool:

Dave Jackson
2nd Aug 2002, 19:01
I'm angry; with a valid complaint. :mad:

The system won't let me vote more than once. :D :D :D

TomBola
3rd Aug 2002, 04:14
So, looks like the Nos have it. Maybe now we can just get back to being Rotorheads again.:)

3top
3rd Aug 2002, 20:42
PPLEEEEASE,

don´t, there are already too many forums to check up on all that sounds interesting.

Just let go on whatever in "Rotorheads".

I don´t really understand, why the gun-control discussion was cut, as there where no really ugly words flying. As long as things stay tuned as it was, it should have let itself run down. It seems in PPRUNE people are thinking more with their head than their mouth anyway, not like in certain other forums.

Maybe the moderators just pulled the safety plug, it turned out the fuse was rather low amp.

Just put in a heavier fuse and try for the next challenge!

By the way, what happened with the dude with the AR15 and the pilot?

:cool: 3top

B Sousa
4th Aug 2002, 00:41
Jetblast......Hmm what happened to it anyway. Must have gotten a bit too much for some of the prudes......
I got in a beef not long ago with some dork sympathetic to the area of the world covered by hot sand. Took the thing to Jet Blast and got booted from the site......
My opinion(which almost never counts). This site originates in the UK. They cant handle the truth........
So as to the above, let it fly on Just Helicopters, nobody checks the site and fewer folks are reading it.
PPrune is a good place to just go with the flow..............

SandBlaster-214
4th Aug 2002, 01:54
I'm with you Bert.

I spend a lot of time in JB - good for general BS and a debate or two. And, it all depends on what kind of a mood Flaps is in. I've never been booted but she sure chopped up a couple of posts a colleague made a while back.

I like PPRuNe because there seems to be an underlying professional courtesy that is sorely lacking at "Site X". I also enjoy participating in the intelligent discourse here - not who can throw the biggest stones.

Personally, I enjoy carrying on some discussions with my helo-peers and not everyone over at JB. Why does it have to be 100% helicopters 24/7? Why can't a bunch of helicopter pilots debate the price of peaches in China without worrying about whether or not it fits the "PRPP" (Proper Rotorhead Post Profile). Good grief, there are six pages of technical mumbo jumbo posts showing within the previous 30 days alone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: I haven't been here all that long, nor have I agreed with everyone - which is fine. But I do enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing what all you rotor-folks have to say, regardless of the subject. :D

Now that I've said my piece it's off to see who's shaving and who's waxing.

C Ya

3top
4th Aug 2002, 02:15
D-Dude,

what´s yours?
............ shavin´or waxn´ ?!

:D 3top

tecpilot
4th Aug 2002, 07:53
"Rotorheads
A haven for professional helicopter pilots to discuss the things that affect them. "
:D :D :D

Sometimes i feel angry about the lots of several threads nothing to do with the forum. Nearly every day beginner questions, future questions, private pilots questions...
I understand some, but ... .

I think our fixed wing pards have much more forums and we have to press all our minds into that one and only forum. And we are a lot of rotorheads flying Biz Helos, working as flight instructors, as testpilots, .......... ------- and the dedicated special forums don't fit our problems (what was the last helo thread on flight test??? :mad: ).

:confused:

If we have so much beginners, private pilots and other helo-interested folks, it's better we have different forums. A good joking thread is allways needed, but a gun discussion...

If we couldn't solve the problem, we will loss most of our professional and experienced pilots or it seems to me that uncle frank should invent the next simple craft and we have something to discuss. :mad:

B Sousa
4th Aug 2002, 14:13
Tecpilot.
Funny, but now that you mention it, there have been a couple threads that I have suggested to Mr Moderator that he move to other forums for better response. He has made a connect on those forums, but that never works well. Its like someone getting bragging rights as to how many active threads on THEIR forums......
I could be wrong......

Heliport
5th Aug 2002, 09:23
"..... there have been a couple threads that I have suggested to Mr Moderator that he move to other forums for better response. He has made a connect on those forums, but that never works well."

Bert
Your last suggestion was moving the 'Nigeria' question to the African Aviation forum. The member who posted the question obviously thought it would get most reponse on Rotorheads. So did I, but I also posted a link on the AA forum.
The result?
1300+ views and 36 posts in a few days.
I'd call that working well.
Check out the average number of views/replies to topics on the AA forum - you might change your mind about whether your suggestion was a good one.

As for the comment at the end of your post ..... don't you think on mature reflection that was just a bit silly? ;)

Heliport

B Sousa
5th Aug 2002, 14:15
I said, I could be wrong, dont get so testy.......

Heliport
5th Aug 2002, 15:14
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

Whirlybird
5th Aug 2002, 21:08
It's not all that long since Rotorheads was in danger of dying. Now it's really popular - but hardly so over-used that we can't keep up with all the posts. So what's the problem with having professional helo pilots, PPLs, wannabes etc, all using this forum? And un-helo related stuff too, unless it gets really out of hand - and 2 or 3 threads is hardly out of hand now is it?

And I for one really can't cope with having to read yet more forums. :eek:

5th Aug 2002, 22:04
Tec Pilot - I suggest you get out more if all you want to do is talk about helicopters/phase lag/hinge offset etc. Maybe get to the doctors and see if you can have your sense of humour re-implanted.
Some of the threads here are deadly serious and are treated with respect - some are actually intended to be flippant and facetious and aim to engender a bit of friendly banter.
It's just what you would get if we were all in the crewroom together chewing the fat but instead we are separated by cyberspace.
Rotorheads is a very professional forum and I have learned a great deal about subjects I already thought I was well versed in. I have also had a good laugh at some of the topics and I believe it is this very healthy balance that makes PPrune so popular.

ShyTorque
9th Aug 2002, 18:16
I concur with anything that results in fewer mouse clicks.....