PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Hire Hunter Valley/Newcastle

Mooboog
8th Mar 2019, 11:52
G'day,

I'm looking for a private hire of a single engine VFR 4'ish seater in the Hunter Valley/Newcastle region. Something Piper Warrior or C172 like is fine, happy to learn something new though.

Looking at an hour or two a month with the occasional weekend trip away.

Cheers

Ex FSO GRIFFO
8th Mar 2019, 23:42
You could try The Royal Newcastle Aero Club at Rutherford.....

A Very Friendly mob......

Royal Newcastle Aero Club | Flying Lessons, Pilot Training, Joy Flights (http://www.rnac.com.au/)

Cheers

gerry111
9th Mar 2019, 00:55
happy to learn something new though.

Not a four seater though.. How about a Tiger Moth at Luskintyre? :ok:

Mooboog
9th Mar 2019, 20:53
I was having a look at RNAC prices and they are quite competitive, so I gave them a call.

They want to see a currency flight every 30 days with one of their instructors (effectively just a circuit or two), which seems a bit excessive - but I guess that's their requirements. I might dig a little deeper with them since I don't want to have to do 0.3 dual every time I go flying, which basically negates the cheaper rates.

I'm currently privately hiring through Hunter Valley Aviation (which falls under Basair) and their rates are a bit more expensive, but since my flight review 5 months ago, they haven't needed to see any other dual flying. I was hoping to find a private owner with an aircraft that isn't flying all the time and avoid the clubs and schools altogether, but unless I drive 2.5 hours to Bankstown it doesn't seem like there's anyone up here.

As for the Tiger Moth, I'd love to, but I don't think my fiancé would appreciate the bugs in the face!

Horatio Leafblower
9th Mar 2019, 22:47
It's a long way up the Valley from Newie but Airspeed at Scone has a C182 available for hire too.

Mooboog
10th Mar 2019, 11:07
It's a long way up the Valley from Newie but Airspeed at Scone has a C182 available for hire too.

Thanks, I think I saw that one on flyhire and it's probably worth a look for the weekend long hires. Similar cost to what I'm paying now with more performance and a higher TAS. But like you said, it's still a 4 hour round trip of driving

Art Smass
11th Mar 2019, 01:06
Central Coast Aero Club at Warnervale?

docsimonm
14th Jan 2021, 02:05
Yes I'm interested too. Tired of dealing with aero clubs with their aircraft serviceability and unavailability, ridiculous currency requirement (RNAC) or changing goal posts (others).
I can't seem to find anyone who has an aircraft sitting idle...

I'd also be interested in a share of an aircraft.