PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Kyle

MightyGem
7th Mar 2019, 22:18
Just watching an RAF Transport pilot on ITV's The Chase, who says he loves the Jeremy Kyle show. The standard of officers must be slipping these days.

trim it out
8th Mar 2019, 00:31
Bit of a stretch calling himself a transport pilot with only EFT in his log book too.

Cows getting bigger
8th Mar 2019, 04:40
....... is a knob?

BVRAAM
8th Mar 2019, 08:58
Bit of a stretch calling himself a transport pilot with only EFT in his log book too.

He could be an MQ-9 operator? Hence the white lie.

More to the point, why would a serving military officer openly tell half of the country what they do, with their face to match? The murder of Lee Rigby springs to mind.

BEagle
8th Mar 2019, 10:09
Standards have indeed slipped - I've heard that some officers have been known to watch something called 'Eastenders' on TV...

The Oberon
8th Mar 2019, 10:20
Standards have indeed slipped - I've heard that some officers have been known to watch something called 'Eastenders' on TV...
Nothing new there, Wittering used to virtually close down for Magic Roundabout.

scorpion63
8th Mar 2019, 11:51
Nothing new there, Wittering used to virtually close down for Magic Roundabout.
And Cottesmore !!

Herod
8th Mar 2019, 12:24
But don't forget, Magic Roundabout was good management training. And the original Star Trek was almost mandatory on a command course.

NutLoose
8th Mar 2019, 12:43
Don't forget that military favourite, Thomas the Tank Engine, we even used to get the videos out on nights to watch...

Professor Plum
8th Mar 2019, 12:51
I always though eastenders was a pretty good documentary.......

Dan Gerous
8th Mar 2019, 13:24
At Kinloss in the early 80's, we'd often stop to watch play school, and guess which window they were going through that day.

Dougie M
8th Mar 2019, 14:05
Thursday evening. Pan's People on TOTP for the more discerning.

ivor toolbox
8th Mar 2019, 14:24
Don't forget that military favourite, Thomas the Tank Engine, we even used to get the videos out on nights to watch...
Navy didn't take too kindly to Captain Pugwash

Ttfn

Herod
8th Mar 2019, 15:10
Captain Pugwash was OK. It was "Roger the Cabin Boy" that had me worried.

ExAscoteer
8th Mar 2019, 15:31
It was "Roger the Cabin Boy" that had me worried.

Urban myth from a story published in the Guardian in 1991 and subsequently recanted.

The cabin boy was called Tom.

Daf Hucker
8th Mar 2019, 15:49
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

MAD Boom
8th Mar 2019, 15:59
Just watching an RAF Transport pilot on ITV's The Chase, who says he loves the Jeremy Kyle show. The standard of officers must be slipping these days.

Says the person who watches ITV quiz shows.....

diginagain
8th Mar 2019, 16:03
In his defence, before he saw the light and went aircrew, MG was a Wedge...

trim it out
8th Mar 2019, 16:29
He could be an MQ-9 operator? Hence the white lie.
He’s not a driver of anything at the moment.

ORAC
8th Mar 2019, 20:08
At Coltishall it was Basil Brush....

In retrospect perhaps “Boom! Boom!” was aspirational.....

MightyGem
8th Mar 2019, 21:04
Keeps the brain active. Anyway, the wife records it, and I just happened to be in the room when she watched it. Honest.

MG was a Wedge
Wedge????

MAD Boom
8th Mar 2019, 21:40
Seems strange, even if he joined on his 18th birthday, given the current training system with holds etc, that he would hit the front line by the age of 22. Most of the newbies arriving at Brize at the mo are much older than that.

oldmansquipper
8th Mar 2019, 22:03
What to watch on TV?

Finish shift, put the jets to bed, leave the beer call in time to get to Snoopies in time for the Muppet Show....

camaraderie and management training all in one hit

happy days!

but ATEOTD, he did not inspire....

Phantom Driver
8th Mar 2019, 23:16
At Chivenor it was Noddy and Big Ears........

( talking of Chivenor , always remember welcome briefing by ex DFGA "God" to new stoods--"if you impress us , and let me assure you , you won't "....

diginagain
9th Mar 2019, 08:32
Wedge????
"Simplest tool known to man. Also known as a Royal Engineer"

peterperfect
9th Mar 2019, 08:50
Seven magic hops by Gus Hunnybun on TSW in the late 70s once signalled that night flying at CU was cancelled !! Off to the pub then.....

oldairphot
9th Mar 2019, 08:57
Captain Pugwash was OK. It was "Roger the Cabin Boy" that had me worried.
I must go to specsavers, I read that as Rogered the cabin boy

BEagle
9th Mar 2019, 09:32
peterperfect , those were surely 'bunny hops' from Gus Honeybun? Did you also ask that he waggled his ears?

I'm sure that having to cope with Gus was one of the tests for new presenters - some of whom didn't look too happy about the idea!

(Memories of Westward TV when I was 11!)

ShyTorque
9th Mar 2019, 09:33
At Chivenor it was Noddy and Big Ears........

I have worked for a senior management like that....

peterperfect
9th Mar 2019, 12:10
peterperfect , those were surely 'bunny hops' from Gus Honeybun? Did you also ask that he waggled his ears?

I'm sure that having to cope with Gus was one of the tests for new presenters - some of whom didn't look too happy about the idea!

(Memories of Westward TV when I was 11!)

Beags, good point on the hops, I was confusing with the 'magic background' screen option kids used to write in for their birthday treat. I've now done a google-based refresher course which conjured up names of some of Gus' fabulous co-presenters: Gilly Miles.....Fern Britton, Ruth Langsford, Ian Stirling, Judi Spiers. To pass the test they all needed to have a wicked sense of humour and many of them occasionally came flying on various Westward/TSW TV news features down in the West Country. Gus is in his late 50s now and was last seen at Flambards Theme Park near Helston !!!

MightyGem
9th Mar 2019, 20:19
"Simplest tool known to man. Also known as a Royal Engineer"
Hey! That's fighting talk!! :cool:

Steepclimb
9th Mar 2019, 20:29
In reality Jeremy Kyle is an extremely intelligent and capable man who makes a good living from dealing with knobs. I doubt he himself finds it all that edifying.