PDA

View Full Version : Bridging Courses for Cadetships

camden18
6th Mar 2019, 22:45
Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any up-to-date information about which bridging courses in maths/physics are accepted by Qantas/Virgin/Cathay for cadetships.
Alternatively, I'm in my final year of a degree, would this be enough nowadays? I've only completed HSC General Maths and no physics.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Zafer Khodr
9th Mar 2019, 07:58
Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any up-to-date information about which bridging courses in maths/physics are accepted by Qantas/Virgin/Cathay for cadetships.
Alternatively, I'm in my final year of a degree, would this be enough nowadays? I've only completed HSC General Maths and no physics.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Lookup aeroscience in Brisbane. They do exactly what you are looking for

Andre Meyer
10th Mar 2019, 10:31
Unilean has courses - it's actually Tafe Qld but online. Google it, unfortunately I can't post URL links yet

Power
10th Mar 2019, 13:15
Dr Steve Holding at the University of QLD. Runs both the maths and physics courses.

pilotchute
10th Mar 2019, 16:31
From my quick search it seems only the Virgin Cadetship requires physics and advanced mathematics. Rex and Jetstar just require a Yr12 certificate. Qantas doesn't seem to have a Cadetship at the moment and Cathay only accepts Hong Kong citizens.

Why dont you try Jetstar and Rex first?

pilotgabe
17th Mar 2019, 09:14
I cant speak too much about Qantas and Virgin, but I know Jetstar accepts Maths and Physics bridging courses from both TAFE and UniLearn. How do I know? Because I spoke with a Jetstar recruiter not long ago :)
Jetstar requires "VCE Units 3 & 4 - a study score of at least 20 in English (any) and Further Mathematics" so if you did general maths you can still apply.

mattyj
17th Mar 2019, 18:46
If two trains are 250 miles apart and one departs the station at 9 o’clock and the other departs the station at 9:15, and the first train travels at 50 miles per hour and the second travels at 25 miles an hour then;
a) what time do they pass each other and
b) what distance from the first station is the first train when they pass

you have 5 minutes

thank me later

TempoTCu
17th Mar 2019, 22:26
If two trains depart the same station travelling in opposite directions and a chicken lays an egg a 8:00am, what is the purple hippopotamus singing?

All this focus on physics and maths - If you're second guessing your ability to do basic things in your head like calculate speed/distance/time equations then you need more study. Else, back yourself and demonstrate some drive/passion. If you miss out on a cadetship because of a line entry in an academic transcript (or lack thereof) even though you know you have what it takes and you aced all other components during recruitment, is that a place you want to work/study?