PDA

View Full Version : Cathay in talks to buy HKE

Freehills
4th Mar 2019, 23:52
Confirmed to Stock Exchange

http://www3.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/sehk/2019/0305/LTN20190305087.pdf

Oh well, if pilots won't join on COS 2018, just buy the airline and the pilots...

Betsy
5th Mar 2019, 00:45

Oh well, if pilots won't join on COS 2018, just buy the airline and the pilots...

Specifically a low cost airline and its low cost pilots.

So that's where the 2.3b will be spent... what a f@$king liberty.

Freehills
5th Mar 2019, 01:01
Look on the bright side - staff travel choices for HK Express staff will be much enhanced... In return for CX/KA staff access to their flights. Win/ win!

White None
5th Mar 2019, 04:56
Look on the bright side - staff travel choices for HK Express staff will be much enhanced... In return for CX/KA staff access to their flights. Win/ win!

Ridiculous suggestion that there would be a reciprocal travel arrangement. I mean I elected to join Cathay Pacific, why would anyone think I would lose my ID Travel priority to another airlines employees + kids - all the bloody time! That’ll NEVER happen!

Oh... Hang on.... 🙄

ACMS
5th Mar 2019, 05:24
And you guys think we’re gunna beat Cathay!!!!

City hall has too much money and power....

Hugo Peroni the IV
5th Mar 2019, 07:53
Welcome me to the new training machine. Do they even have a union?

White None
5th Mar 2019, 08:39

Not sure where you think anyone suggested that? Perhaps you're incredibly incisive; or maybe you can’t spot what’s just comment and banter.....

ROW_BOT
5th Mar 2019, 13:32
HNA still eager to staunch the bleeding. HKE is probably a good fit for CX. Quick route to a LoCo wing.
But what of HKA?
Latest news is the route cuts and airframe reductions are accelerating, and now they're giving their unwanted pilots a one way ticket to Tianjin Airlines and other points north. Promises of 'short secondments' that will no doubt morph into permanent PFO's. Lot's of questions circulating about what will happen to the 'secondee's' who fail the legendary medicals and sim rides. Lots of whistling in the dark going on.
Oh how times have changed.
HKA, the company that shrank to greatness.....

controlledrest
5th Mar 2019, 21:48
It might just be a way for CX to take a close look into the books of the competitor or a way to get new ideas on how to run an airline, as the chimps who manage us don't have clue.

Flex88
5th Mar 2019, 21:59

Remember not all that long ago " we looked at the LC model and determined it would not work for us" I assume Merlin thinks differently now that the flushing sound of 4 > 5 BILLION US$ going down the toilet re a fuel gamble went the wrong way is dying down.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this company is the poster child for the "Peter Principle" management hierarchy.

#CXit

The FUB
5th Mar 2019, 22:14
Ex CX GMA, who was let go by CX. He's one of the senior management team at HKE. Hmmmm.

Hongkie land
5th Mar 2019, 23:37
U mean DP or AM?

The FUB
6th Mar 2019, 00:24
Neither, PH.
That was a few haircuts ago.

NotHere
6th Mar 2019, 00:30
HNA still eager to staunch the bleeding. HKE is probably a good fit for CX. Quick route to a LoCo wing.
But what of HKA?
Latest news is the route cuts and airframe reductions are accelerating, and now they're giving their unwanted pilots a one way ticket to Tianjin Airlines and other points north. Promises of 'short secondments' that will no doubt morph into permanent PFO's. Lot's of questions circulating about what will happen to the 'secondee's' who fail the legendary medicals and sim rides. Lots of whistling in the dark going on.
Oh how times have changed.
HKA, the company that shrank to greatness.....

Emirates waiting for those secondees eagerly.......great villas awaiting....:D:D:ok::)

Hongkie land
6th Mar 2019, 01:17
he joined the wrong team. definitely wasn't a team.

DessertRat
6th Mar 2019, 01:49
PH in HKE? Really?

Excellent. So when CX buys HKE they can sack him AGAIN !!

Harbour Dweller
6th Mar 2019, 05:55
PH in HKE? Really?

Oh, I really hope this is true. To see him sacked again would be worth the price of popcorn. Couldn't happen to a more deserving example of an ex Swire mismanagement manager.

Hongkie land
6th Mar 2019, 06:09
Alan Joyce has really lost his testicles on this...............

Freehills
6th Mar 2019, 07:13
PH in HKE? Really?

No - HNA got rid of the expat management team brought in to make HKE into a proper LCC a while back (andrew cowan etc) including PH

mr did
6th Mar 2019, 07:32
Alan Joyce has really lost his testicles on this...............

HKE Jetstar, has a nice ring to it, and would complete the original plan. Might be why CX are so keen on it all of a sudden

cxorcist
6th Mar 2019, 10:37
HKE Jetstar, has a nice ring to it, and would complete the original plan. Might be why CX are so keen on it all of a sudden

Cheap local pilots and a second JetStar block... What’s not to love?!?! Nevermind the antitrust implications of this. HK govt has never been too concerned about monopolies ripping off their citizens.

titan uranus
6th Mar 2019, 11:21
Bizarre yet unsurprising how staff travel benefits are the only REAL concern amongst many here with this potential “acquisition” development...

What a terribly bad joke a once proud HK aviation sector has become. So sad.

The FUB
6th Mar 2019, 11:42
Yep, you re right. Dispatch area not bug enough for HKE as well, and it's just been renovated.

Farman Biplane
6th Mar 2019, 14:22
Don’t fret Titan, I am sure the AOA is in consultation with the HKE pilot group to ensure their welfare and a fair and just integration of seniority lists and workplace rules, just like they did with the DPA..........got to stay ahead of the game with CX management!

Heh, UnitedAB how come your mothers sisters daughters neighbour didn’t let you know about the purchase talks before the stock exchange announcement?

Rumour has it that the acquisition will be announced at the results briefing on Wed?