PDA

View Full Version : Virgin NZ info

Thewnz
3rd Mar 2019, 19:27
Hi all, I know there is probably some good info on here already but as we all know it gets very clouded in negativity. Just looking for some info regarding VANZ in terms of rosters, days off, TOD lengths etc. I understand negotiations are going on atm so things can change. Also FO salaries, tinea to command in NZ (also understand these are lengthy but with increased Tasman frequency perhaps this will come down) currently flying regional turboprop in NZ with not much hope of jet progression in the next 5-6 years and getting older with young family and want to consider various options. Cheers for any info. Also considering jetconnect and have sourced latest CEA for them and want to compare... Will most likely stay living in Tauranga region so looking at best "commuting/driving" to auckland option as well

Lapon
4th Mar 2019, 04:02
I dont have the specific details you are after but I believe you will be at the bottom of the Virgin group with regards to seniority, not merely the bottom of VANZ.
If you feel that age is getting away on you then Jetconnect would probably be best suited. From what I've read in the other threads and what rumours suggest for a new VANZ CEA, it would be fair to say VANZ will have the better deal but in the overall scheme of things I would consider them 'comparable' particularly if your career is racing the clock anyway.

Thewnz
4th Mar 2019, 04:15
Thanks for that info. I wouldnt say my age is that old in the grand scheme of things (late 30's) but no spring chicken and started my flying career later in life, so just looking for the better option for settling in, eventually gaining a command narrow body etc. But having a decent balance of lifestyle while the kids are growing up more importantly. Not chasing money as such but money sure helps with lifestyle!

Thewnz
8th Mar 2019, 17:03
Also when are contract negotiations expected to be finalised?